Yet another Princess Sale begins July 11th

MCC retired

I thought you could trade the sip n sale promo for an OBC:confused:

Instead of the AIBP you can get OBC with the S+S offer however the maximum is $250/passenger & is much less than the 30% off they were hoping to receive with the other offer.

They had me until I read non-refundable, now if the cabin is much lower maybe, just maybe we would book:D

Yeah I booked the non-refundable deposit,but TA had a deal I couldn't refuse, I doubt it could get any cheaper ,but if so TA can get OBC.

Just checked the on-line current price against the prices listed for 2 specific cruises on the flyer posted on this thread. The Caribbean cruise pricing is slightly better on the Sun Drenched sale, but the Panama Canal cruise is the same under the Red, White and Blue sale and the Sun Drenched sale. I will still be checking on July 11th to see if I can get a better deal on the Dec 2017 and April 2018 cruises I have booked.

The price on my December cruise was better. I decided to "use" the savings to upgrade to a nicer room. It looks like I can have a small net savings on my April cruise if I give up my pre-paid gratuities. I need to check with my cruise buddy but will likely take this deal as well.

I have 2 cabins booked on a 5 day Cabo in March.i checked my princess.to see any fare drops.so wasn't anything lower.then did mock booking.and put my category. OV. And passengers 3 people.everything like my original Booking.and got my summary.like wow.its $100 less.then did break down

Each.passenger cost.

Well the 3rd passenger was only $99 dollars.so I called my T.A. And she said I will call princess.so she called them.and they told her 3rd and 4th $99 was only on select sailings.ok I said why could I get to the payment page.$100 less.She called again

Said price would only come up if that was the selected sailings.ok so while I was on hold.i made 2 new bookings got payment page.put on 2 day courtesy hold.and when T.A came back on phone.i told her.then she did mock booking on princess website.got the same $100 less per cabin

So she said there telling her no they don't see.it.so I told her i made 2 new bookings.gave new booking numbers. She's like wow.ok she called princess back

Took awhile.supervisors.etc... And they said was mistake.but my amazing T.A Said this passenger Elite.your should honor that price. Loyalty and all.will took 2 hours.15 rounds by my T.A. going honor that fare.the mistake.had refundable deposit.thank God.switches monies to new bookings.had push to keep same cabins.1 H.C. assessible. And 1 Regular OV.so was that going to far.too aggressive. Their mistake.please give me your imput.brendan

For us, this is a great sale. We booked awhile back and received free tips for 2 people. If I change my reservation to this sale, even after calculating the lost of the free tips, we will only pay about $70 more for a deluxe obstructed view balcony, vs an interior room.

Can I switch online, or do I have to call?

Just checked a Panama Canal cruise for November. Even though it says it's on sale the price is the same as it was when I booked it with free gratuities. A Coastal cruise in October is over $550 per person more than what we booked it for. So this is no sale for us.

I'm really glad we booked early. The current sale is over $600 more than we paid. I also got free gratuities with my earlier booking which is another $216 saved.

I'm happy for those that did get a better deal with the new promo. It's great that the cruise critic family passes on the savings to other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand the no refunds, but if you change the current booking, or upgrade, you still lose the deposit?

No, you do not.

We are booked on the 5 day Crown on 11-13-2017, with the non refundable deposit and the price dropped $30.00 pp. A modest amount, but it pays for a night in The Grill.

Final payment is in Sept. I called and had no problems repricing.

As we live close to all the Florida ports, we can take advantage of sales if we see something good and we would have no reason to cancel unless an emergency came up, and that is what we get insurance for.

I booked under the last 3 For Free sale, and with this sale our cabin is actually cheaper by $468! But add in the perks from the 3 For Free (Free Gratuities, Free OBC) and it comes out to $220 more. My mother-in-law's cabin is $584 more after taking into account the Gratuities and OBC. Just shows that you have to look at the end price. I'll patiently wait for the next sale :)

The Sun Drenched Deals sale started yesterday, July 11.

I booked my cruise last September under the 3 For Free, and I'm still getting a better deal despite the lower cabin fares with Sun Drenched Deals.

I have been looking at a January cruise for months. With the red white and blue sale, the deposit was not refundable. My husband doesn't like to plan so I book them as soon as tgey come out and tell him a month before final payment. So far, he has gone along but I have six booked through March 2018. I hope he agrees but this is why I do not like the nonrefundable deposits.

So, under this new sale, this cruise I have been looking at did not go down in price one cent ( seems the suites that I want never do).

The sale does not mention FCC's. And I have not seen anyone talk about them. Just says the $100 deposit is not refundable. Can you use them on these sales? More importantly - Will they refund the FCC if you cancel???

The sale does not mention FCC's. And I have not seen anyone talk about them. Just says the $100 deposit is not refundable. Can you use them on these sales? More importantly - Will they refund the FCC if you cancel???

Yes, you can use them.

If you completely cancel, you will lose the FCCs.

If you instead book another cruise when cancelling, they will possibly transfer the FCCs to the new cruise.

Just checked a Panama Canal cruise for November. Even though it says it's on sale the price is the same as it was when I booked it with free gratuities. A Coastal cruise in October is over $550 per person more than what we booked it for. So this is no sale for us.

I'm really glad we booked early. The current sale is over $600 more than we paid. I also got free gratuities with my earlier booking which is another $216 saved.

Just like a sale at an auto dealer or at a supermarket, a current sale does not necessarily mean a better price than the previous sale had. It is just a different sale with different pricing and/or incentives.

If a 2-liter bottle of Coca Cola is normally $1.89 but is on sale this week for $1.50 but last week was on sale for $1.39, this week's price is higher than last week, but is still a sale.

Just like with airline tickets. There will be at some point the lowest price it will be. Some people will get it at that price. Others will pay more either before that lowest price sale or after it.