Yet another Princess Sale begins July 11th

MCC retired

Oct 2017 -April 2018 sailings.

IMO , I suppose this Sale will be good for all those who missed all of the previous Sales for these sailings ?

Sun Drenched Deals (July 11 - September 12, 2017)

Warm weather and sunny skies are almost synonymous with many people’s ideal vacation. With cruises sailing Fall 2017 through Spring 2018, book your escape to beautiful destinations and the relaxation that waits for them.

• Get up to 30% off†
  • Additional 3rd & 4th guests in the same stateroom get reduced fares
  • Low non-refundable deposit of $100 per guest
  • Rate Code Q7

May also be for those looking for cabins below category of balcony not included in current Sip & Sail promo.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Most, if not all the sailings covered by the new promotion were not covered under the current sip and sail promo

Non refundable deposits are a total turn off if you live in the U.S. Passengers in the U.K. would probably jump on a $100 deposit offer but they probably won't be offered the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information which is more similar to the Red White & Blue non-sale offer valid for the same dates than S+S or 3 for Free offers.

It could be beneficial for passengers who prefer to not book as early as is required for those other offers. Hopefully 3 for Free will be available beginning in early September after S+S ends & will have the same benefits as last year.

I have a couple of 5 day b2b cruises for November. No sales listed on them. One I noticed the price dropped so I called Princess to refare (haven't yet transferred to my TA). I was advised that the deposit is non refundable. I was surprised as no promotions listed for it on Princess.com. I quickly pulled up the site and did a mock booking. After picking a cabin and it showing me the fare I clicked continue. That is when a pop up came telling me the deposit is non refundable. I was quite surprised. Looks like Princess is trying to do more and more non refundable deposits.

BTW I declined the drop in price (total of $75 for two people) and kept my reservation as is. Final payment isn't til beginning of September. Anything can happen til then.

Why is "non-refundable" a deal breaker if the fare is truly a sale fare? Do people reserve cruises only three to nine months away with the intention (or strong possibility) of cancelling their reservations?

[ETA: Just asking based on the comments, not trying to stir up a hornet's nest....buzzzzzz]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

Why is "non-refundable" a deal breaker if the fare is truly a sale fare? Do people reserve cruises only three to nine months away with the intention (or strong possibility) of cancelling their reservations?

[ETA: Just asking based on the comments, not trying to stir up a hornet's nest....buzzzzzz]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

With all of the sales, promos and cons that these cruise lines come up with the next better deal is always a few days away. Case and point.... I booked an 8 day cruise under the red white and blue sale in May. Even with the sale the price was on the high side. It was for an itinerary that I had been interested in but I wasn't willing to lose $100 deposit and I was hoping the price would come down before final payment. Princess had a one day $1 deposit promotion so I decided that it would be worth the loss if I changed my mind. Less than a month later they offered the sip and sail promotion which at the time did not include the cruise that I had booked on with the $1 deposit. I found a 10 day cruise that turned out to be $2 dollars a day less than the 8 day cruise and it included the drink package. I can't go on both cruises so if I would have booked when the non refundable deposit was $100 I would have been out $200. I have learned that no matter how good the deal is today that there is always another one around the corner. Sometimes the better deal may be on another cruise line.

For me, it's not a deal breaker, but they have to give us a real good fare to balance the non-refundable aspect.

I don't book any vacation with the idea that I'll cancel it, but with a 97-year-old mother and ongoing family situations, I have to keep things fluid. I have had to cancel one cruise and one land trip in the past couple of years, so I like to make sure we're keeping our options as open as possible.

Jim

May also be for those looking for cabins below category of balcony not included in current Sip & Sail promo.

No. This is for cruises before the cruises that Sip & Sail can be used for.

I think this replaces the Red While & Blue Sail which ends July 5..

Just checked the on-line current price against the prices listed for 2 specific cruises on the flyer posted on this thread. The Caribbean cruise pricing is slightly better on the Sun Drenched sale, but the Panama Canal cruise is the same under the Red, White and Blue sale and the Sun Drenched sale. I will still be checking on July 11th to see if I can get a better deal on the Dec 2017 and April 2018 cruises I have booked.

Hoping our 12 day British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess this August is included in this sale. I have been trying to talk my youngest son into joining us on his first cruise. Since he hasn't sailed Princess before an interior cabin would be about $2800, which was a deal breaker. The other day I noticed at the bottom of my booking that he would be eligible for the same promotional deal that I got, which would have brought his fare down to $2000. That got him interested again. Yesterday, the promotional fares dropped off, so fares are now the same for first and past passengers. I am hoping the promotional fare comes back when this sale starts or that he is still eligible for the original fare under the Share the Savings program.

Non refundable deposits are a total turnoff to me. While I have never booked a cruise unless Infully intend on going, life has a way of throwing you an unforeseen curve where you do have to cancel. Low deposits are also not an incentive to book. It's pay me now or pay me later; I'd rather spread out the payments. And to use a future cruise credit for a non refundable deposit and risk losing that also makes no sense.

Wow...great sale to Hawaii. $100 less than inflated $100 fare ($1699 to $1599 for interior. $1599 without sale). And that is no where near "up to 30% off". No thank you.

Last October a couple of weeks before final payment we booked an interior cabin in January for $1,199 per person. Being retired we're flexible although many others who are working don't have the option to wait that long & to drive to the port.

"up to 30%" - looking at the flyer, most of the price difference was less than 10%. We are currently booked on a 28 night Hawaii/Tahiti and the 30% was exciting, now not so exciting. I did book with sip n sale, but we are not big drinkers and I would rather have 30% off our $5999 pp balcony. Will still check it out on the 11th.

"up to 30%" - looking at the flyer, most of the price difference was less than 10%. We are currently booked on a 28 night Hawaii/Tahiti and the 30% was exciting, now not so exciting. I did book with sip n sale, but we are not big drinkers and I would rather have 30% off our $5999 pp balcony. Will still check it out on the 11th.

If yo booked this year's Sip and Sail, it probably won't be on this sale, since it goes through sailings through spring of 2018, and S&S are for summer 2018 through spring 2019.

We're looking at a 5 day cruise, but this one states 6 days or more. Based on Princess's sale pattern, I expect that sometime in the fall, that cruise (February 2018) will have a sale with a non refundable deposit. Probably will come in after this one ends.

I thought you could trade the sip n sale promo for an OBC:confused: