Hotels near San fransico cruise terminal

Disneymom06

any suggestion for a decent hotel near the cruise terminal in San Fransico for a reasonable price. Should I stay near air port or cruise terminal. My flight dosent come in till 8 pm at night. Is fisherman wharf or union square closer to the terminal for princess.

any suggestion for a decent hotel near the cruise terminal in San Fransico for a reasonable price. Should I stay near air port or cruise terminal. My flight dosent come in till 8 pm at night. Is fisherman wharf or union square closer to the terminal for princess.

Union Square is downtown. Fisherman's Wharf is where the ships come in.

Me, personally, I'd stay closer to where the ship will be. But some prefer getting right to bed upon arrival, so an airport hotel would be better for that.

Union Square is downtown. Fisherman's Wharf is where the ships come in.

Me, personally, I'd stay closer to where the ship will be. But some prefer getting right to bed upon arrival, so an airport hotel would be better for that.

Thank you

Any names of hotels greatly appreciated

You can also check on the west coast departures forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express it was about 10-15 walk to Fisherman's wharf

It was a few years ago & the ship was at pier 35 so we could walk there but I think the new pier 27 is further away

http://sfport.com/james-r-herman-cruise-terminal-pier-27-0

Edited by LHT28

Thank you

Any names of hotels greatly appreciated

No specific recommendations. I just look at a map of hotel locations and see what the rates are. Using that info, I book one that's not the most costly (or the cheapest) and easily within walking distance.

Me? I'd stay at the Hyatt Regency and then just scoot down The Embarcadero to the ship. I could go across to the Ferry Building beforehand and pick up some flowers or have a good breakfast before leaving.

"Reasonable Price" and downtown San Francisco probably don't go together well. But then, what you and I consider reasonable might vary considerably.

Union Square is not near the cruise terminal. However, it would not be a problem to stay near Union Square if that is what you want. Just Uber on over to the cruise terminal the morning of the cruise.

Fisherman's wharf is also further than you would probably want to walk. Both the Hyatt Regency and Hotel Griffin mentioned above are nice and in good locations but again probably further than you would want to walk dragging luggages the morning of the cruise. The good news is the "F" vintage street car line runs along Market Street and then along the piers right past the cruise terminal. I think it goes all the way up to Fisherman's Wharf.

The BART train ride in from the SF airport (SFO) is about 40 to 45 minutes. If coming in the morning of the cruise, take the BART from SFO to the Embarcadero station. When you come up to street level you will be at near the corner of Market Street and Embarcadero (at the Ferry Building). Jump on the "F" street car line for a ride to the cruise terminal.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Edit: Because your flight arrives at 8 pm, you might want to stay near the airport. By the time you retrieve luggage and get transportation, you might not get to a downtown SF hotel much before 10 pm. There are many name brand hotels near the airport.

Edited by ldubs
Added info.

The key here is reasonable price, decent hotel, near the port ... not so easy. If you are flying in arriving at 8 pm... I would stay out by the airport... there are a few hotels out there you can check out: Marriott, Embassy Suites come to mind... easy to get a taxi in the am to to pier. I live 10 miles south of airport... I take a taxi in for a little less than $100, door to door service... would guess you could pick up a taxi at the hotel for less since drivers would be happy to get a fare into San Francisco. Near the port: Hyatt Regency would give you a great view... price might be high. There are other hotels in the Fishermans Wharf area... non that I would highly recommend though, since I live here I have not checked them out personally.