Missed Final Payment---New at this--What Happens now???

They thought the TA was just going to use the credit card they provided for their deposit a year earlier, the TA was waiting for them to call and authorize payment. Total miscommunication and misunderstanding.

Our online TA contract states in particular that final payment will be made by THEM 30 days before final payment is due by RCCL on the credit card we used to book. So I would be very angry if anything happened to our booking as a result of a similar situation as OP's. Here is the paragraph dealing with Final Payment:

·YourFINAL PAYMENT will AUTOMATICALLY be processed on your credit card (usedfor deposit/provided at time of booking) on or up to 5 business days BEFORE thefinal payment date specified on your **** Booking Confirmation(5/24/2018). If you choose to change your credit card number forthe final payment, you MUST call us at **** or email us at *** at least 2 (two) weeks before your finalpayment date. ****/ Royal Caribbean International may notbe able to change credit cards once final payment has been processed.

I have never had a hitch in their service regarding this. Check the contract you signed with the Agent.

Biker: here is RCCL's rules abt cx:

I Cancellation Schedule

89 to 57 Days Prior toSailing 250.00 Deposit Amt Per Guest

56 to 29 Days Prior to Sailing 50% Per Guest

28 to 15 Days Prior to Sailing 75% Per Guest

14to 0 Days Prior to Sailing No refund

^ I know all that but the cruiseline cancelled the cruise (we think), not the customer. I seem to remember posters mentioning of this happening and getting their deposit back.

Edited by Biker19

^ I know all that but the cruiseline cancelled the cruise, not the customer. I seem to remember posters mentioning of this happening and getting their deposit back.

I think it depends on whether a) failure to pay the remainder is an act of cancellation by the customer or the cruise line and b) whether said failure occurs on day 90 or day 89.

^ This may also depend on how it was booked. I seem to remember a thread not long ago where the final payment was made about two days after final payment date but that was booked directly with RCI. The TA involvement here messes things up.

Same for us. We usually pay in full 2-3 weeks before sailing date. Wonder if RCCL would send an email if we waited longer.

I thought the final payment is due 90 days before the cruise. How can you wait until 2-3 weeks before sail date to pay it off? Inquiring minds want to know......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recently booked a charted cruise ( 70's rock and roll) I liked what they did we had to pay 25 percent down and then they charged credit card every 3 payments 3 months apart to pay it off, nothing to remember, but for normal cruise I pay it off a few weeks before deadline

I thought the final payment is due 90 days before the cruise. How can you wait until 2-3 weeks before sail date to pay it off? Inquiring minds want to know......

Gwen [emoji3]

Oops, I meant 2-3 weeks before final payment due date................:p

^ I know all that but the cruiseline cancelled the cruise (we think), not the customer. I seem to remember posters mentioning of this happening and getting their deposit back.

The cancellation penalties start 89 days prior to sailing. Final payment due 90 days prior. If you do not make the final payment, the reservation will cancel but you should get the deposit back.

A similar thing happened to me. Right before final payment, something came up and we could not go. I was going to cancel, but I screwed up the final payment date, missing it by a few days. Final payment date came, no payment made, reservation cancelled, deposit credited back to credit card.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A similar thing happened to me. Right before final payment, something came up and we could not go. I was going to cancel, but I screwed up the final payment date, missing it by a few days. Final payment date came, no payment made, reservation cancelled, deposit credited back to credit card.

Thanks for the confirmation - that's what I remembers others reporting as well.

Again, the TA being in the middle of this for the OP may complicate the issue.

Gwen [emoji3]

Only way you can do this is if you book the cruise 2-3 weeks before sail date. Some older ncc certificates have 75 days before sailing as final payment. But almost all new bookings for at least the past year is final payment due 90 days before sailing.

Maybe poster meant to say 2-3 weeks before final payment.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This is 100% on the TA. They are paid to take care of the details so that the customer does not have to. First they would be re-booking this for me at their expense. Next on the agenda would be to find a new TA.

I feel very sorry for tomtravel (the OP) for losing his cruise.

I also wish he would come back and answer some of these questions.

And all of this might have been avoided if (besides his TA being more proactive) he had joined his Roll Call, where people post endlessly "Just made my final payment! woohoo!"

My October cruise is to be paid in full to my ta next week.Royal don't wan't the money till August 31'st.I don't know why they have to have the money so early.I use a ta as we get good discount through them but it does get me that they have to have the money so early.

It the same with another bill, if you do not get a reminder for your car payment it is still due. It a shame they lost their money, but dam as adults you need to take responsibility for your own actions are in this case in action. If you get so drunk the night before departure and you missing boarding don't whine the cruise line kept your money.

The cruise line trusted the OP that in good faith they would pay for the passage. They therefore removed that cabin from their avaible marketable inventory. The OP failed to meet the previous agreeded arangement. So to recoup the lost of potential income they keep the deposit and offer to rebook at current rates. The cruise line did not breech the passanger did. So suck up count your loss and be responsible

It the same with another bill, if you do not get a reminder for your car payment it is still due. It a shame they lost their money, but dam as adults you need to take responsibility for your own actions are in this case in action. If you get so drunk the night before departure and you missing boarding don't whine the cruise line kept your money.

The cruise line trusted the OP that in good faith they would pay for the passage. They therefore removed that cabin from their avaible marketable inventory. The OP failed to meet the previous agreeded arangement. So to recoup the lost of potential income they keep the deposit and offer to rebook at current rates. The cruise line did not breech the passanger did. So suck up count your loss and be responsible

If the cruiseline did cancel, the deposit is refunded. Lot's of assuming on your part

If the cruiseline did cancel, the deposit is refunded.. The OP is not out any money.

Granted there should be some refund. I went and looked at my paperwork from where we booked the up coming cruise last year while on our other cruise. Final payment was due bold and highlighted it wad due July 16. My TA set July 9 for final payment. According to that paper work penalties start 89 days from sail. First is 250 per passanger. We may not have all the information from the OP

Where was your TA a week ago to remind you of final payment?? I am of the opinion that if deposit is lost (likely) then your TA should be covering it for your re-book!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Your TA should have given you a "heads up" about a week early about payment. However, final payment date would have been on your paper work so you are partly responsible. When you reserve it is a good idea to mark on the calendar when final payment is due.