Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

Calling shorts "dress shorts" is just an excuse to wear shorts becaue people are to lazy to dress properly.
I have dress shorts that are far nicer than many people's slacks.

It isn't about laziness. It is about comfort.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have dress shorts that are far nicer than many people's slacks.

It isn't about laziness. It is about comfort.

No it's about entitlement, nothing at all to do with comfort.

Just off Adventure yesterday and on a non formal night, I saw a guy wearing a tank top and shorts (can't remember if they were dressy shorts though..) On the 2nd formal night a gentleman sitting a table next to us was wearing a tee shirt and long pants.

Just off Adventure yesterday and on a non formal night, I saw a guy wearing a tank top and shorts (can't remember if they were dressy shorts though..) On the 2nd formal night a gentleman sitting a table next to us was wearing a tee shirt and long pants.

It was probably a designer tank top. :rolleyes:

No it's about entitlement, nothing at all to do with comfort.
You've never met me. You can't possibly say that. I don't feel entitled to wear shorts. I just think shorts are more comfortable than pants.

I'd like to congratulate you on jumping to meritless conclusions though.

They live among us, don't they?:o

You've never met me. You can't possibly say that. I don't feel entitled to wear shorts. I just think shorts are more comfortable than pants.

Of course shorts are more comfortable than pants but what's that go to do with anything? Shorts, pants, swim trunks, tuxedos, pajamas all have their place and time. Would you wear pj's to a wedding? IMHO big boys wear their big boy pants to a night time dinner aboard a cruise ship.

I know, I know it's your vacation, you paid good money for it and you will wear whatever you damn well want whenever you damn well want and if anybody doesn't like it t.s.

Well said. Too many people here without rational thought; if you aren't willing to be spoon fed what to do by a newsletter you must be entitled is how they think.

I live on South Florida, shorts are more comfortable.

Cc has the nastiest group of people who have called me vile names over this topic but they are Royal Champions so get away with it

That attire is acceptable at breakfast and lunch but not dinner according to RC.

We always dress smartly but what other people wear is none of my business.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Do you support women being turned away?

Do you support dining room managers forcibly removing women who are already sat?

Did you wear your Daisy Dukes with high heels?
Nope. I wore nice golf shorts with a belt and golf shorts. It felt liberating because it was far more comfortable than pants and it made me realize that wearing shorts isn't a big deal.

Of course shorts are more comfortable than pants but what's that go to do with anything? Shorts, pants, swim trunks, tuxedos, pajamas all have their place and time. Would you wear pj's to a wedding? IMHO big boys wear their big boy pants to a night time dinner aboard a cruise ship.

I know, I know it's your vacation, you paid good money for it and you will wear whatever you damn well want whenever you damn well want and if anybody doesn't like it t.s.

Things change. People change. Rules change.

Do you still wear your Sunday best to fly?

The world has progressed. Celebrity, a more upscale line has done away with formal nights all together.

I wore shorts in the MDR last night. It was very liberating.

No one stared or snickered at the way you were dressed?

I wonder why, unlike some other cruise lines, RCCL still maintains a dress code for Formal Night dining in the MDR?

No one stared or snickered at the way you were dressed?

I wonder why, unlike some other cruise lines, RCCL still maintains a dress code for Formal Night dining in the MDR?

Only a party pooper with nothing going on for themselves would stare or snicker. The person you refer to never said anything about formal night (but to answer you it is for photo revenue)

Never seen it happen.IMO if people are not causing trouble it really is not my business and we just try to enjoy ourselves.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

That's a great answer for a politician.

Would you support women being treated equal as men in this case?

Oddly enough, I was looking at a thread of cruise compasses posted from Oasis last week and while it does note formal or casual, nowhere in any of those compasses does it provide any guideline or prohibitive items. Just says formal or casual and nothing else; only lists these in regards to complimentary dining and does not separate out windjammer either. Nothing in a single document stating anything about requirements, rules, forbidden, approved, guidelines, or examples. Just suggested attire, formal or casual.