Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

And you can always wear a designer Depends Adult Diaper under your designer shorts to complete the look. Or if you don't wear a diaper, simply go commando if you are cruising in hot and humid areas.

You will have to show me what they are,i sometimes wear boxer shorts when i am working out.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

LOL....y'all have finally convinced me! :D

I was just on a department store website looking for a swimsuit.....didn't find a swimsuit that I liked but found my new formal night attire.

Wait for it.....

"Elegant shorts"

So I can now even wear shorts on formal night since they are "elegant". :D:D:D

Now I understand how people are able to cruise with only a small carry-on. :D

LOL....y'all have finally convinced me! :D

I was just on a department store website looking for a swimsuit.....didn't find a swimsuit that I liked but found my new formal night attire.

Wait for it.....

"Elegant shorts"

So I can now even wear shorts on formal night since they are "elegant". :D:D:D

Now I understand how people are able to cruise with only a small carry-on. :D

Actually you are better off if they are "Nice". That seems to be the buzz word. As long as shorts are nice you can wear them to a black tie affair, presidential inauguration ball or a cruise ship dining room.

Actually you are better off if they are "Nice". That seems to be the buzz word. As long as shorts are nice you can wear them to a black tie affair, presidential inauguration ball or a cruise ship dining room.

I will only wear the "elegant" ones on formal night. I will wear the "nice" ones on the other nights. (except the nights that I wear my shortie pjs.)

Oh, look. Here's an exact copy of the Adventure of the Seas compass from May.

Tonight’s Dinner Dress SuggestionCasual – sundresses or slacks and blouses for the ladies, sports shirtsand trousers for the gentlemen.No shorts allowed in the dining room at dinner.

And if you want to see the paper copy this came from here you go:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/day_7__at_sea_-_friday_may_19__2017_compass.indd.pdf

Clear enough? It clearly says what casual is, and what is not allowed. Every night of this compass says no shorts allowed in the dining room at dinner. So you say it's not enforced so you do it anyway. Do you break laws just because a policeman isn't there to arrest you? If it's clearly stated here, then why is anyone having a problem understanding this? The only people that get a pass here are blind people cuz last time I checked there wasn't a braille daily compass. And for those about to say "it's a suggestion", the no shorts isn't part of the suggestion, it's an absolute.

Tonight’s Dinner Dress SuggestionCasual – sundresses or slacks and blouses for the ladies, sports shirtsand trousers for the gentlemen.No shorts allowed in the dining room at dinner.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/day_7__at_sea_-_friday_may_19__2017_compass.indd.pdf

Clear enough? It clearly says what casual is, and what is not allowed. Every night of this compass says no shorts allowed in the dining room at dinner. So you say it's not enforced so you do it anyway. Do you break laws just because a policeman isn't there to arrest you? If it's clearly stated here, then why is anyone having a problem understanding this? The only people that get a pass here are blind people cuz last time I checked there wasn't a braille daily compass. And for those about to say "it's a suggestion", the no shorts isn't part of the suggestion, it's an absolute.

Oh well, I'll still be wearing mine until the maitre'd tells me otherwise.:)

Bill

Hate to be the one who tells you what "absolute" means, but if someone is wearing shorts in the MDR and they aren't being kicked out, it's not really an absolute.

I never wear shorts in the MTD but because it is not up to me what other people wear and maitred on Freedom in June was powerless to stop people even though there was a notice we get out table for 2 and just enjoy our meal,relax and don't think about what other diners are wearing.

I never wear shorts in the MTD but because it is not up to me what other people wear and maitred on Freedom in June was powerless to stop people even though there was a notice we get out table for 2 and just enjoy our meal,relax and don't think about what other diners are wearing.

Exactly.

Not sure why it's so hard to grasp:

FACT: Royal Caribbean is a private company that can make whatever dress code rules it wants for dining venues.

FACT: Royal Caribbean can choose whether or not they wish to enforce their own rules.

OPINION: If you want to wear shorts in the MDR and Royal chooses to enforce its dress code and not allow it....deal with it.

OPINION: If someone else wears shorts in the MDR and Royal chooses not to enforce the dress code and allow it....also deal with it.

Why wouldn't I break laws if the fuzz isn't around???

Hate to be the one who tells you what "absolute" means, but if someone is wearing shorts in the MDR and they aren't being kicked out, it's not really an absolute.

The managers may kick out men but they wouldn't dare hold women to the same standard.

Now that you mention it, Bob, they were nice, fancy, designer smart shorts. I asked my brother, and he said they were from the Banana Republic. Banana Republic calls them "luxe".

That is still no excuse to wear them in the dining room. In the dining room!

I shan't sail with him again.

Make it easier for you to understand Bonnie - If a guy wears shorts, flip flops, t shirts, tank tops,, in the main dining room their a slob.

But not a slob at breakfast or lunch?

You're forgetting to think for yourself...