Is It True Re; Falmouth, Jamaica?

The only official quoted in the article is the current major was just elected last December. He defeated the mayor who was in office when the cruise port was built and who, no doubt, had promised lots of spin off benefits for the local community. A lot of the expected economic spin offs didn't materialize (Google it) so this thing might be a "the sky is falling" thing by the new mayor. Hey, blame the old guy, not me. And look the ships will come back in 2019 because of me and only me! Just in time for the next local election perhaps? ;)

Not fake news, just REAL politics. :rolleyes:

Doing B2bs on Oasis starting Aug 27th. I'm hoping we go somewhere else, anywhere else but Falmouth...hope it happens quickly!

We are on the same cruise and we are hoping that DOES NOT happen that fast, at least not the Aug 27 one ;)

We do not have any problems with Falmouth, although I prefer Ochi or Mo Bay. But I understand that different people have different comfort levels.

RCCL has mega bucks invested in that port and I find it hard to believe they'd abandon it.

Jamaica has mega bucks invested in the port. An RCI subsidiary development company has long term leases on the land and contracts for yearly fees to be paid based on PAX count. I am sure there are numerous out clauses for RCI's subsidiary development company if certain standards are not maintained by the Port Authority or local government.

All we ever do there is go to Margaritaville for the shrimp and then spend the rest of the day in the solarium!

Been to all the beach places and the Blue Hole, been there done that. We do that itin for the Caymans.

Personally I found nothing too interesting about Falmouth so for me this does not matter much. I certainly hope that the cruise passengers experience there and other tourists is a pleasant one because if not due to harassment by locals ultimately their source of income will decline.

I don't really believe the article. It's unclear and whoever wrote it is not knowledgeable in cruise lines. It may be normal moving around of ships that someone interpreted wrong. Considering RCI was a major investor in this port, I doubt they would pull out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app