Is It True Re; Falmouth, Jamaica?

Just received a call from a friend going on Harmony OTS within the next 8 months and he notes that he has Read that all of RCCL's fleet will no longer stop in Falmouth, Jamaica

What say you?:confused:

Personally, I didn't care for Falmouth. I was given the impression however, that the port was making all sorts of improvements to attract tourists. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future...but I won't do an itinerary that includes it anymore.

So when does this occur??? We are scheduled to go there on a cruise next month??

Can't imagine they would make the change that fast. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

We were in Falmouth a few years ago. I actually did a couple of private tours where we walked around outside the port "compound". I had no problem being outside but maybe things have changed. Ironically, I think Falmouth was built to avoid having to go to Ocho Rios, which had (has?) it's own problems. What I did not like was the port itself, with American fast food places like Auntie Annes!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Can't imagine they would make the change that fast. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

We were in Falmouth a few years ago. I actually did a couple of private tours where we walked around outside the port "compound". I had no problem being outside but maybe things have changed. Ironically, I think Falmouth was built to avoid having to go to Ocho Rios, which had (has?) it's own problems. What I did not like was the port itself, with American fast food places like Auntie Annes!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We would not be sad if we did not go to Falmouth. We never do any excursions there.

just curious if we might get some place better...

MoBay, Ocho Rios.

We have always found the actual port area of Falmouth fine. However Ocho Rios is where we have had the most issues. We went to a bar and ordered two drinks and a portion of fries. Paid our bill. Left and went shopping then one of the bar staff was following passengers into local stores accusing people of not paying their tabs and demanding more money.

That said we prefer some of the excursion options from Ocho Rios than Falmouth. If we were stay in port though I would be less inclined to get off in Ocho Rios and if we do then we will be avoiding the local bars/ restaurants.

We're on Liberty next month which is stopping at Falmouth. I wonder if that will change?

Until RC announces it and folks start receiving notices that their itineraries have changed, there's nothing to think about. This is from an online Jamaican newspaper...or at least it purports to be.

According to the RCI cruise search engine, Allure stops visiting Falmouth at the end of April 2018. Independence, Liberty, Oasis, and Harmony all call regularly in 2018 thru May 2019. Adventure starts calling in early 2019.

Here's my guess...

After both Symphony and Allure begin sailing from Miami, neither of them call in Falmouth on any of their itineraries through at least April 2019. The Jamaican newspaper took that to mean Royal was pulling out of Falmouth.

That's the only explanation I can think of.

Until RC announces it and folks start receiving notices that their itineraries have changed, there's nothing to think about. This is from an online Jamaican newspaper...or at least it purports to be.

To quote the president..."fake news"