Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

This is disappointing to hear that we can't get drinks for $5 anymore AND that we will be limited to just the featured drink unless we pay full price for our preferred drink. RCCL and Celebrity honor their Top tier repeat cruisers with complimentary beverages. Why can't Princess do the same thing? I wonder if Princess would ever consider having complimentary beverages for Elite members?

At this port I can't see any reason why we would continue to go to the lounge anymore, since we can pay full price for a drink anywhere on the ship.

Thanks for the ginger beer comments. I will be on the Grand in two months and will make a point of asking for it.

I'm not paying $6.50 for a drink I don't want. I would rather have a glass of wine at Vines, or my martini of choice in Crooner's. DH buys the drink package, so he will still get his Chairman no matter which venue we go to.

I'm not feeling like this is a much of a "perk" anymore.:(

There's really no point in having the Platinum Lounge anymore if the drink prices are not discounted. It was supposed to demonstrate the value Princess holds for its more frequent guests.

It seems whomever first suggested this perk has now been overruled by the Revenue Department looking for additional opportunities.

From an optics standpoint, I think Princess would be better off discontinuing it. Celebrity and other lines offer free drinks in their loyalty lounges that make for a poor comparison at this point.

We, along with many others, have the "Liquor Sticker" (AIBP) so the price of drinks is of no importance to us. We never liked their special priced drinks anyway.

Sometimes the food is pretty good and the atmosphere when in Skywalkers is what we enjoy. :)

Everyone should go and just eat the snacks.

Don't buy the drinks.

Then they "might" get the idea we don't

like the change in...price or drinks!:mad:

Good idea.

What do they care how much you eat? The idea is to sell drinks.

However much you consume there will be that much less you est in the DR. :D

I agree, and don't see any value when food is mostly free throughout the ship anyway

We, along with many others, have the "Liquor Sticker" (AIBP) so the price of drinks is of no importance to us. We never liked their special priced drinks anyway.

Sometimes the food is pretty good and the atmosphere when in Skywalkers is what we enjoy. :)

I agree, we love the view up there. We purchased the AIBP for our Nov Crown since the SipnSail was not available. We will still go up there every night as hubby loved that lounge-kind of the same as the Viking Crown on Royal

They won't care how much we eat, but at least we won't be spending money on drinks, and if a lot of people don't buy drinks, that will make a small dent. See, we wouldn't bother going at all but for the $5 El Mejor margaritas. Now that we could get El Mejors anywhere else for full price really gives us no reason to bother going to the lounge anymore.

We wouldn't be so inclined to pay the $8.95 or whatever they cost and the $6.50 drinks don't really sound appealing, either. If we can't get our nightly drinks for $5, then we just won't drink there. It's that simple.

They won't care how much we eat, but at least we won't be spending money on drinks, and if a lot of people don't buy drinks, that will make a small dent. See, we wouldn't bother going at all but for the $5 El Mejor margaritas. Now that we could get El Mejors anywhere else for full price really gives us no reason to bother going to the lounge anymore.

We wouldn't be so inclined to pay the $8.95 or whatever they cost and the $6.50 drinks don't really sound appealing, either. If we can't get our nightly drinks for $5, then we just won't drink there. It's that simple.

Enough people bring their BOGO for $ ! and they might reconsider

The point was when I said eat the snacks and

don't buy drinks was........

People would be up there but ship wouldn't be making money

and the waiters not making tips.

That might make a difference and then they might

go back to the old way. (really had nothing to do with food)

The point was when I said eat the snacks and

don't buy drinks was........

People would be up there but ship wouldn't be making money

and the waiters not making tips.

That might make a difference and then they might

go back to the old way. (really had nothing to do with food)

Yeah, that is how I understood it, too.

OMG, that new menu sounds nasty. No more Chairman of the Board or Cosmos? Here's the ingredients in a Deep Sea Martini:

3 oz gin

1 oz dry vermouth

1/2 tsp Pernod® licorice liqueur

1 dash orange bitters

That is disgusting. I don't like Pernod in my gin. :eek:.

I like Pernod with a dash of water, as a great breakfast drink, Pernod and OJ. Pernod and Gin... Doesn't sound that great at all.

With AIBP just go to Crooners have the drink you want before dinner. The warmed over appraisers and crowds have zero appeal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I try to go for the Stilton. :hearteyes:

I like Pernod with a dash of water, as a great breakfast drink, Pernod and OJ. Pernod and Gin... Doesn't sound that great at all.

Pernod in the morning...it's good enough for the Queen!! I'll have to try that!! ;p

Whelp. I had a double booking for next April, virtually identical itinerary, princess and celebrity. Just cancelled the princess reservation, in favor of the elite cocktail hour on celebrity. 2 hrs, no charge, nice menu, no limits. Call me a lush, but it's a nice place to pop in before dinner, and it makes us feel appreciated. $6.50 for a cocktail I don't like? Nope [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is disappointing to hear that we can't get drinks for $5 anymore AND that we will be limited to just the featured drink unless we pay full price for our preferred drink. RCCL and Celebrity honor their Top tier repeat cruisers with complimentary beverages. Why can't Princess do the same thing? I wonder if Princess would ever consider having complimentary beverages for Elite members?

At this port I can't see any reason why we would continue to go to the lounge anymore, since we can pay full price for a drink anywhere on the ship.

There is a free mini bar set up. Princess could implement a two hour cocktail hour with free drinks and eliminate the set up. If I already had a drink package I would prefer the mini bar set up for the cabin. From my experience the food served at the Celebrity cocktails hours are better and IMO Princess has decided to offer other benefits instead. The Celebrity benefit is for Elite and above only, so it is not actually a fair comparison.

I have never found a lot of value in the Princess version.

There is a free mini bar set up. Princess could implement a two hour cocktail hour with free drinks and eliminate the set up. If I already had a drink package I would prefer the mini bar set up for the cabin. From my experience the food served at the Celebrity cocktails hours are better and IMO Princess has decided to offer other benefits instead. The Celebrity benefit is for Elite and above only, so it is not actually a fair comparison.

I have never found a lot of value in the Princess version.

I would be willing to forfeit the bar set up in my room since I don't even like most of what is offered, for the most part. I mean, we had vodka but no cranberry mixer, so we had to pay $2 for a glass of cranberry in order for me to utilize the free vodka.

I would be much happier with a two hour freebie cocktail hour every night than free laundry, Internet which we rarely use.

I would be willing to forfeit the bar set up in my room since I don't even like most of what is offered, for the most part. I mean, we had vodka but no cranberry mixer, so we had to pay $2 for a glass of cranberry in order for me to utilize the free vodka.

I would be much happier with a two hour freebie cocktail hour every night than free laundry, Internet which we rarely use.

Cranberry juice is available in the Horizon each morning at no charge. We just a container to save it in the fridge to use latter. I just get a glass from the bar & ask them to fill it up rather than the tiny juice glasses they provide.