EZ luggage check in Ft Lauderdale

trbarton

It is $25 per person plus the normal baggage fees imposed by your airline. You put the bags in the hall outside your cabin and claim the bags when they come off the carousel at your last airport. We have done it a couple of times and it worked great.

It is not available in all ports. Fort Lauderdale and Seattle offer it, LA does not. It is only available for domestic flights.

Thanks to everyone. I've used it before but not out of Ft Lauderdale. I agree it's a great service. My flight is not until 6 pm so no problem with the time.

Anybody reading this that has not used EZ Check before you provide your airline information to passenger service desk & you will have delivered to your stateroom your airline luggage tags plus your boarding pass. It's a great service so you don't have to deal with your luggage & you'll see it again at your home airport.

Tom😁

Thanks to everyone. I've used it before but not out of Ft Lauderdale. I agree it's a great service. My flight is not until 6 pm so no problem with the time.

Anybody reading this that has not used EZ Check before you provide your airline information to passenger service desk & you will have delivered to your stateroom your airline luggage tags plus your boarding pass. It's a great service so you don't have to deal with your luggage & you'll see it again at your home airport.

Tom

If you made your own flight arrangements......

Make sure you add your independent flight info into the personalizer under travel arrangements. It helps onboard.

Make sure you add your independent flight info into the personalizer under travel arrangements. It helps onboard.

Thanks for the reminder.

Tom😀

I have a Millage Plus CC where my first bag is free. I wonder how that effects things with EZ Luggage? Will I still get a free bag or will be charged? Anybody that has a Millage Plus CC were you charged anything for luggage?

Tom🤔

We have also used EZ check but on our recent Coral Princess 10 day Panama Canal cruise, we had a 9:45 p.m. flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. We signed up for EZ Check knowing that we would be able to enjoy the day in Ft Lauderdale. About 7:30 the night before we were to get off the ship, we received a phone call saying that Southwest had rejected us for EZ Check. Well, you can imagine how upset we became, not knowing what we were going to do with our luggage in Ft Lauderdale plus we already had packed our luggage knowing there was no weight restriction with EZ Check. I immediately went down to the customer service desk to try and find out why we were rejected. We made a call to Southwest but no one that we talked to could give us a legitimate answer. Princess customer service representative NICOLE FIJMA went out of her way to also find out why they did this. She sent numerous emails to Southwest, explaining our situation. Finally, she came out of the office waving an email saying we had been reinstated.I wanted to share this email from Southwest with you that I recieved the other day. So as you can see even though Southwest offers EZcheck it's actually not their doing that we were origanally rejected. I will let all of you know as soon as I get in writing ( either from Princess or the Baggage Handlers) why we were put into this stressful situation.

Dear Elsie,

Thank you for contacting us. I wanted to speak to you personally, and I regret that I was unable to reach you by telephone. I welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns in writing.

I was sorry to read of the issues you encountered when checking your bags to your Southwest flight from your cruise ship. After reviewing your reservation, I was unable to find any information that indicated there was an issue with your reservation that would have prevented you from receiving a boarding pass or checking baggage. Although I was able to confirm that Southwest does work with your cruise line’s third party baggage handling vendor, please note that any issues regarding this service should be referred to the cruise line or the third party vendor as Southwest Airlines is not directly affiliated with either entity and is unable to provide Customer support for their systems or policies. That being said, as we are always looking for ways to improve our operation, we have included your concerns in our monthly summary, which is distributed to Southwest Airlines’ Senior Leadership.

We look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you onboard one of our flights as your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chad Alexander, Southwest Airlines

Thanks for the reminder.

Tom😀

I always take an extra copy of my flight schedule and staple it

to my E-Zair Form

I have a Millage Plus CC where my first bag is free. I wonder how that effects things with EZ Luggage? Will I still get a free bag or will be charged? Anybody that has a Millage Plus CC were you charged anything for luggage?

Tom

Sounds like you have the Chase Explorer card?........

We have used our Chase United Club Visa Card (covers first 2 bags) several times with EZ Check. We have had it happen both ways, our 2 bags covered for free and we have had a time when the fee was charged but we were refunded by United after we returned home. Even checking the exempt box on the form sometimes does not help. Not sure what triggers the charge. United has a website/email address that ends in /refunds that you can submit your paperwork to get fees reimbursed in case they charge you. We have never had an issue having bag fees refunded.

Tom🤔

Yup. There is a place on the form to indicate that you are exempt from the bag fee. Good idea to attach a copy of your booking that indicates your free status, though. Really it works the same as you checking in bags at the airport - United already knows that the first bag is free.

Tom🤔

If you look at the second picture of the form I posted earlier, you will see where you can check off a box, showing you are exempt & you state the reason. This is a good way to handle luggage and use it when can.

United has a website/email address that ends in /refunds that you can submit your paperwork to get fees reimbursed in case they charge you. We have never had an issue having bag fees refunded.

That may not help if you were accidentally charged.

The airline will probably say they did not charge you and thus they have no money to refund to you. Then Princess will say the airline did make the charge.

Tom🤔

We've used EZ Check with Mileage Plus, and not only were we not charged for bag #1, we weren't charged for my second bag either.

That may not help if you were accidentally charged.

The airline will probably say they did not charge you and thus they have no money to refund to you. Then Princess will say the airline did make the charge.

That happened to us. Each blamed the other and never got our money back