Shorts for Men in the DL?

I just read in an Oasis review that long pants are not longer required for men in the DL except for formal night. This would make my DH happy, especially on the nights we choose not to eat in the MDR. He will certainly comply with the rules if they have not changed. Can anyone confirm this change?

I haven't experienced that on the Grandeur. Might be different on different ships. I've seen men in shorts in the Diamond Lounge. I figured they had late dinner and since the Diamond Lounge opens at 4:30, they were there for a drink before they got dressed for dinner. Can't speak for other ships. Maybe it depends on the Concierge. And I always thought that they were more relaxed the first night, since some don't get their luggage until later.

Nothing is ever consistent with Royal.......[emoji53]

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of our group was told to return with long pants when he walked into the DL on Oasis last month. Night 1, not formal night.

Thanks, Bob. I figured it was too good to be true. I got the info from OCSC Mike's recent Oasis review. I guess he was mistaken.

Thanks, Bob. I figured it was too good to be true. I got the info from OCSC Mike's recent Oasis review. I guess he was mistaken.

These are the types of things that vary concierge to concierge. All you can do is give it a try yourself.

One of our group was told to return with long pants when he walked into the DL on Oasis last month. Night 1, not formal night.

Interesting. Night 1 is always when I see the majority of people in shorts in both the DL and CL

Interesting. Night 1 is always when I see the majority of people in shorts in both the DL and CL

Shorts were allowed (speaking only for myself) in the DL the first evening of our 2 April and 9 April cruise on the Jewel.

We often pop in around 5pm for a few snacks and a couple of drinks.

Normally i have tailored shorts on but we only stop for around 30 minutes before going back to the cabin to get ready for dinner then around 7 we will call in again for about an hour.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Was Beatrice the DL concierge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's odd, especially since all dining rooms allow shorts on the first night because of luggage delivery.

Same here. We didn't try on Oasis but will. Never have been turned away or asked to leave in DL/CL/SL. Some say they have but not our experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here too...However, we did once hear someone in the CL complain about shorts being worn in the CL one night and the concierge asked that person to go change...A few nights later this same person that complained asked if he could bring his DS & DIL in for drinks...wasn't happy when he was allowed to and neither were a few other's. Just wish the person that had to change their shorts was there !!