Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Dude, don't LURK. Some of these folks are trolls and some are greedy, but it is all good. In the olden days men would go out at high noon and have a gunfight to the death, now these warriors type BS in an Internet forum.

It is all good.

I agree with your sentiments, but don't take this all quite so serious... it is just the way people pass the time in 2017.

JC

Thanks JC. I guess I shouldn't have let it get to me. Maybe I'll challenge them to a duel in the Windjammer. Hard rolls at at high noon! ;)

CB

We have been bantering back and forth for several days. We seem to be of the same opinion regarding having new levels between diamond plus and pinnacle. Just noticed you have mentioned "home" a few times. Sounds like we might be from the same area (for me originally). I was born and raised in Leeds. Have flown in and out of Manchester frequently. Last time was in 2012 - did a TA on the Independence. Just wanted to say hello! Will have to look for you in the diamond lounge - or wherever they put us!

Cheers! Nothing to do with the topic at hand, but had to share!

It would be great to chat in the DL or CL. We are from Sunderland but i know Leeds pretty well as it was part of my sales area for years.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I agree,...........please don't lurk. We need people who can write and spell and have a brain.

I'm just a lowly D :loudcry::loudcry:

Please don't put yourself down we are all equal, just like you don't want to be left out of DL it is unfair to stop D+ having a 2 lounge option.

The point of loyalty schemes is to encourage people to get higher for more rewards and having extra tiers between D+ and P and more rewards can work for us and RC with continued almost exclusive loyalty from their customers.

That's how I'm getting PC. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I will never hold that against you John. We both have winners.

We (my SO) found each other. We both love the USA, cruising, travel, motorcycles, fast cars, shopping, food, guns, and FOX. We are living the American Dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Thank you its our 36th wedding anniversary next month.

Our local airport Newcastle only have limited flights to Sanford.

We love Orlando and been there 30 times since 1992.

Pauline likes the Premium outlet mall,Lake Buenavista outlet etc and sailing from PC is better for us than Miami.

Sounds like you two are great adventurers! :D And congrats on the 36 years of wedded bliss! You are

lucky in love!

That's how I'm getting PC. [emoji33]

My sister's new husband has been on just 3 cruises with RCI...he is enjoying his Diamond status. ;)

You get to benefit now from all of those times you were left at home working John! Looking forward

to cheering as you accept that new pointy crystal thing from Shane! :D

Edited by island lady

This thread and the selfishness I'm seeing is serving as a rude wake-up call as to why I remained lurking in the shadows for years.

D+ want TWO lounges! Why? Because they had two until the CL's were eliminated in favor of the SL's. And they didn't have to rub elbows with the lowly "new" Diamonds after the CL was made D+ and above unless they choose to do so. Now on ships with SL's, D+ are being "forced" into the DL overrun with D's. Oh, the horror!

Of the solutions proposed, the meanest and most selfish has to be kicking the D's out of the DL and making it into a D+ only lounge. I was shocked and saddened to see this proposal seconded by a few posters I've held in the highest esteem. Don't you think D's enjoy the amenities and camaraderie of the DL as much as you, if not more given that they may have "worked" harder to obtain that perk. I know many current D+ that did multiple B2B short 3-day cruises to move up right before C&A switched over from 1 credit per cruise to 1 point per night. It was a smart move if you knew you were going to be a frequent cruiser given the value of the perks and combinability back then.

Sadly, it's a "Me! Me! Me!" world. So, to make the D+ happy, let the D's be kicked out and relegated to using the drink vouchers only.

But wait! The higher D+ don't want to be in the same tier as the lower D+. As Merion_Mom said, PRICELESS!

So make a new tier for D++, or P- or Jr. P. But guess what? Still no SL access for you unless your in a suite. Sorry, but I see nothing wrong with the SL being strictly for suites and P's. On the bright side, you could push to have those low D+'s kicked out and join the lowly D's in using drink vouchers only. And you're so magnanimous, you'll ask that D+ gets 5 vouchers so they get more than the D's.

As a D, I'm grateful for the current C&A perks but realize they are just that. They are nothing I have really earned and they can be changed at whim. Fortunately, C&A has been a lot more generous and fair than some of you.

Time for me to go back to lurking in the shadows. It's not as dark there as this thread has been.

CB

Very good post. No need to be a lurker when you can actually make sense.

Please don't put yourself down we are all equal, just like you don't want to be left out of DL it is unfair to stop D+ having a 2 lounge option.

The point of loyalty schemes is to encourage people to get higher for more rewards and having extra tiers between D+ and P and more rewards can work for us and RC with continued almost exclusive loyalty from their customers.

And kicking the Diamonds out of using any lounge works into this scheme how?

Not me you have earned that right.

I have been Diamond for 6 years and recently made D+ and prefer the DL but as part of the deal of becoming D+ RC afforded us a choice​ of using 2 lounges.

All i spoke about was getting extra for members not less.

Why did RCI kick the Diamonds out of the CL not that many years ago?

What did they do then before they slowly installed the DLs on ships?

Personally I loved the Diamond "Events"....most especially on Freedom. It was always a fun time! :)

There is no SL...no CL...and no DL on MJ...but we somehow have a great time at the nightly cocktail hour

in the VCL. :D

I have been Diamond for 6 years and recently made D+ and prefer the DL but as part of the deal of becoming D+ RC afforded us a choice​ of using 2 lounges.

And I agree with that also! Having something, and then having it taken away...is frustrating when you finally reach

that level.

The sheer numbers of Suites, Pinnacles, D+ and D's on Oasis makes it very crowded in those lounges. Instead

of taking one away totally....IMHO adding the SL and keeping the CL in place would have made more sense.

The CL is still there (but now is used as the DL)...and the original DL is still there. Since RCI created the SL

in a different location...why eliminate an existing lounge when the overcrowding is an issue and getting worse? :(

Edited by island lady

Wait now.... how recent was D+? (Congratulations btw)... The SL/CK has been installed for some time now. If you made D+ recently, you lost nothing. Only those that once had it lost it.

It would be great to chat in the DL or CL. We are from Sunderland but i know Leeds pretty well as it was part of my sales area for years.

Sounds like a plan! Met a couple from Newcastle several years ago - still get a Christmas card and occasional email. That's what I like about the lounges - a place to relax and meet people.

Lived in the US a long time, but love Yorkshire and Leeds. Many happy memories. I always tell friends that they should go north - England isn't London!

Sounds like a plan! Met a couple from Newcastle several years ago - still get a Christmas card and occasional email. That's what I like about the lounges - a place to relax and meet people.

Lived in the US a long time, but love Yorkshire and Leeds. Many happy memories. I always tell friends that they should go north - England isn't London!

We would love to chat and share a drink with you also! You and GraPau have some interesting stories I am

sure! :)

And I agree with that also! Having something, and then having it taken away...is frustrating when you finally reach

that level.

The sheer numbers of Suites, Pinnacles, D+ and D's on Oasis makes it very crowded in those lounges. Instead

of taking one away totally....IMHO adding the SL and keeping the CL in place would have made more sense.

The CL is still there (but now is used as the DL)...and the original DL is still there. Since RCI created the SL

in a different location...why eliminate an existing lounge when the overcrowding is an issue and getting worse? :(

That is my feelings too.

The vast numbers of passengers on Oasis class means they should have added not subtracted a lounge.

That is my feelings too.

The vast numbers of passengers on Oasis class means they should have added not subtracted a lounge.

Totally right on!! They were already going to build the new SL...why take one of the others away,

adding to the crowding issue? :o

Wait now.... how recent was D+? (Congratulations btw)... The SL/CK has been installed for some time now. If you made D+ recently, you lost nothing. Only those that once had it lost it.

I was D+ on our last cruise on Freedom in June.

The point is the carrot was there if you made D+ to have the option of going into the CL.While we were on Harmony last year and still D we were speaking to a couple of D+ who felt let down by RC by reducing their lounge options.

As i have said previously on the larger ships they should have added a lounge to accommodate the extra D and D+ so the Suites could have their wonderful new lounge to themselves and Pinnacle members.

I agree and the people from Sunderland and Newcastle as well as Leeds are loyal friends.

Totally right on!! They were already going to build the new SL...why take one of the others away,

adding to the crowding issue? :o

First, I have no issue with adding another Lounge to bring back the benefits that D+ lost.

The issue I have, people keep saying make a Lounge for D+/P. I believe PC members enjoy the SL/CK. I suggest you get their buy in first. I also believe that many D+ like to hob knob with PC and that is also what they miss. I see that in the CL quite often.

I was D+ on our last cruise on Freedom in June.

The point is the carrot was there if you made D+ to have the option of going into the CL.While we were on Harmony last year and still D we were speaking to a couple of D+ who felt let down by RC by reducing their lounge options.

As i have said previously on the larger ships they should have added a lounge to accommodate the extra D and D+ so the Suites could have their wonderful new lounge to themselves and Pinnacle members.

The CL and DL areas are still there, but for some reason they closed the existing DL and combined the two into the now renamed CL as just a DL. They could still go back to the original DL and CL set up. IMHO I wish they would. :(

No need to add a new lounge...just reopen as they were. The newly added suites will still enjoy their own new place, and we would get back to status quo, without the crowding.

I will never hold that against you John. We both have winners.

We (my SO) found each other. We both love the USA, cruising, travel, motorcycles, fast cars, shopping, food, guns, and FOX. We are living the American Dream.

Yes you are. [emoji2]