Switching rooms with friends ?

rubens

We are booked together with friends on same cruise with different reservation numbers but with same TA.

We all booked Ocean View guarantee and now our rooms are already assigned:

we will stay in an OV on deck 2 while our friends, for unknown reason, are upgraded to a balcony on deck 7 (even when the four of us are Elite and ourselves are the closest to Elite +)

As we would enjoy a balcony and friends prefer the OV we would like to switch rooms.

Has anyone experience with this situation and what is best to do?

Can we ask the TA, or better call Captain's club?

Wait until going onboard is another option but what if they refuse and what about the risk of losing perks?

Looking forward to your suggestions.:confused:

Really, your friends prefer an OV on Deck 2, to the balcony on Deck 7??? In regards to your reservation since you booked with a TA Celebrity will not talk with you in regards to your reservation. Your TA will have to talk with them. I suspect it can not be done, but, who knows your TA may have some influence with Celebrity. Good Luck to you.

Really, your friends prefer an OV on Deck 2, to the balcony on Deck 7??? In regards to your reservation since you booked with a TA Celebrity will not talk with you in regards to your reservation.

Isn't that something that someone would rather have a Deck 2 Oceanview than a Deck 7 Balcony? Wow!

Anyhow, you are right. The travel agent can call Celebrity and have the room change made with no problem.

You will be getting off the Infinity on Nov. 8 in San Diego when I will be getting on it. Hope our cruises will be great.

I don't know whether or not it can be done. But if it can't, the only other option is to leave the rooms the same and get extra keys from guest services upon boarding. You would be able to 'switch' rooms at that point so you'd have to be good enough friends that you are ok with having each other's room keys. Celebrity doesn't care where you sleep; under this method you'll keep your OV room and set up your account under that and keep whatever perks you chose with that. You'll have to use that room number all over the ship for billing purposes. And then you simply sleep in the balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't that something that someone would rather have a Deck 2 Oceanview than a Deck 7 Balcony? Wow!

Anyhow, you are right. The travel agent can call Celebrity and have the room change made with no problem.

You will be getting off the Infinity on Nov. 8 in San Diego when I will be getting on it. Hope our cruises will be great.

We have a sweet sixteen balcony for this cruise! Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

I don't know whether or not it can be done. But if it can't, the only other option is to leave the rooms the same and get extra keys from guest services upon boarding. You would be able to 'switch' rooms at that point so you'd have to be good enough friends that you are ok with having each other's room keys. Celebrity doesn't care where you sleep; under this method you'll keep your OV room and set up your account under that and keep whatever perks you chose with that. You'll have to use that room number all over the ship for billing purposes. And then you simply sleep in the balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This IS an idea. OP please let us know how it goes!

Really, your friends prefer an OV on Deck 2, to the balcony on Deck 7??? In regards to your reservation since you booked with a TA Celebrity will not talk with you in regards to your reservation. Your TA will have to talk with them. I suspect it can not be done, but, who knows your TA may have some influence with Celebrity. Good Luck to you.

Yes some cruisers prefer the lower deck because of motion and being closer to most activities

And you had better trust your friends not to run up a huge SeaPass bill because you would be responsible for the charges on your room account. and vice versa.

A&B are in cabin 200 (2nd deck OV)

X&Y are in cabin 700 (7th deck balcony)

You give each other sea pass cards.

You use your own cards for all purchases. You use the second set of keys for entrance into the cabin.

If you try to use the wrong sea pass, your picture will come up and it won't match. Some bar tenders may ignore it, but others will not. Obviously it will be a big problem if you use the wrong card to come and go in ports.

This is also a problem in the event there were an emergency. You will have different muster stations and your names for roll call at the muster station will be wrong.

All in all, I do not think this is a good idea. Ask your TA if she can get you upgraded. If not, then good for your friends and you are getting exactly what you paid for.

Should read less motion compared to upper decks

If the Deck 2 stateroom is forward and Deck 7 is midship, this might not be true. Forward cabins on any level have quite a lot of motion. On several cruises, when we were in the Theater on Deck 3/4, we experienced a lot more "motion of the ocean" than our midship stateroom on Deck 11.

If the Deck 2 stateroom is forward and Deck 7 is midship, this might not be true. Forward cabins on any level have quite a lot of motion. On several cruises, when we were in the Theater on Deck 3/4, we experienced a lot more "motion of the ocean" than our midship stateroom on Deck 11.

I agree. Lower level does not guarantee lesser motion. Still depends on cabin location.

You don't have to be sneaky about this at all ... I've done it before more than once. Don't risk messing with the reservation ahead of time, it is easy enough to do onboard.

1) When checking in, make sure the credit card on file under each reservation matches the passengers that will be in the cabin!

2) Go to guest services and have them reissue the keys to the appropriate passengers. If for some reason, they couldn't take care of #1 at check in or or you are nervous about doing that before you switch rooms, guest services can help you with that as well. If your perks are different (it is easier if they are the same), they can also move the perks over to the appropriate account.

No stress required, they will be able to take care of it lickety split. Enjoy!

Have your friends cruised before?

I hope it doesn't happen that you agree to switch, and then they take a look at the balcony and say wow, we messed up, and then there are hard feelings to go around.

I could actually understand more if it was an inside vs. a balcony (really) because some people like the dark and quiet. But looking at the sea out a window instead of feeling the breeze and sitting out? Nope.

Have your friends cruised before?

I hope it doesn't happen that you agree to switch, and then they take a look at the balcony and say wow, we messed up, and then there are hard feelings to go around.

I could actually understand more if it was an inside vs. a balcony (really) because some people like the dark and quiet. But looking at the sea out a window instead of feeling the breeze and sitting out? Nope.

yes, our friends are Elite too.

In fact another reason is that I always do all research and bookings for all the cruises we did in the past and they want to switch as a way to thank me