Shower seats available for use?

rothbear13

Does the Star Princess have shower seats available for use? I had a hip replacement 2.5 years ago that damaged 2 nerves. I don't need a wheelchair (I do use a cane) or need a handicapped room, but for stability purposes I do use a seat in the shower. Do they have any available for use on the Star? Do I need to request one on my planner? Needless to say I can't take mine with me.

Just came off the Emerald 3 weeks ago and they did provide me with a shower chair. We called and asked for it. They also provided me with a toilet seat that sat on top of the regular toilet seat & it had arms on it.

We were in a balcony cabin.

Edited by grannylaw
Add add'l information about cabin size.

Yes shower seats are available on a first come first serve basis. If you know you will need one I would call Princess and ask to be transferred to their special needs line so you can request the chair in advance. Yes the showers are small but the seats do fit although without a lot of room left.

Does the Star Princess have shower seats available for use? I had a hip replacement 2.5 years ago that damaged 2 nerves. I don't need a wheelchair (I do use a cane) or need a handicapped room, but for stability purposes I do use a seat in the shower. Do they have any available for use on the Star? Do I need to request one on my planner? Needless to say I can't take mine with me.

None

If an accessible cabin is available close-in to sailing, I wouldn't hesitate to request it - my DH uses canes but really appreciates the bathroom accommodations. The shower benches in them are much sturdier than the temporary ones and the grab bars are well-positioned.

We get mini suites because it has a tub and I use a bench. A few years ago, we planned to spend a few extra days in London prior to a UK cruise on the CB. Inquiry of our hotel, told us they do not have bath benches for guests so I took one with us. Was glad I did because the bench the ship provided (pre-arranged with our Princess planner) was in horrible condition and actually unsafe. Always cruise with my own now. It is a stool and totally comes apart for easy packing. Height is adjustsble and assembly does not require tools. Another plus is that using my own, I know it has been cleaned properly. A stool takes up less space and is lighter than the bench style for packing. Might fit better in a shower but have no experience in that regard.

Sandy

Some medical equipment can be found in in your booking in the personalizer and you can request there.

Then ask Stewart once onboard.

Definitely ask your travel agent or call Princess to request a shower stool. They are available.

I've had one on the Ruby, Crown, Emerald within the past 10 months & on other PCL ships for several years now. If the stool isn't in your shower when you get to your cabin, just tell your steward that you had reserved one. She/he will get it.