Umbrellas on Princess Cruises

sailor1362

I lived in the Boston area for about thirty-five years and never used an umbrella. I find them awkward to use, hard to handle if there's any wind, and a nuisance to see under or over if you're looking at anything. They're a pain if you're getting in or out of a vehicle or boat and slows everyone down. I used a hat with a brim and a chin strap in all weather, even during snow storms. A waterproof jacket, a neck warmer, mittens and I'm all set. That's what I plan to bring/wear on my Alaskan cruise next April/May.

I lived in the Boston area for about thirty-five years and never used an umbrella. I find them awkward to use, hard to handle if there's any wind, and a nuisance to see under or over if you're looking at anything. They're a pain if you're getting in or out of a vehicle or boat and slows everyone down. I used a hat with a brim and a chin strap in all weather, even during snow storms. A waterproof jacket, a neck warmer, mittens and I'm all set. That's what I plan to bring/wear on my Alaskan cruise next April/May.

So that was you Pam that I seen going into Filene's in Boston. :)

Tony

I don't like using an umbrella anywhere that I will be part of a crowd .... awkward and inconvenient, and it blocks the view for others. That's why I travel with a lightweight hooded waterproof windbreaker, which fits loosely enough to allow for layering in chilly/cold weather. It weighs next to nothing, and I can roll it up snugly and tuck it into the tote bag that I always carry when going ashore.

Another reason I don't like umbrellas in crowded areas is that I have nearly been poked in the eye a couple of times by someone else's umbrella.

I bought us heavy duty rain ponchos for our first cruise to Alaska. They were great. The other indispensable thing for me is waterproof shoes. I saw a lot of miserable people trying to stay dry with little folding umbrellas and dollar store ponchos.

We prefer lightweight rain jackets and pants. That reminds me of the umbrella I bought on the street in Mexico during a downpour. It rained right through it- it was a sunbrella!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums