How Many Cruises A Year Are Too Many??

How could it fade when it's not routine. None of my cruises have been the same. The itineraries may be the same, but the people you meet and the crew you interact with will change. The weather will be different. The seas will behave differently.

When I get tired of cruising, I'll be tired of life. And, that will never happen after I've been given a second chance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually book 3 or 4 cruises a year. The most was 7 in one year, but, the prices were so good, we couldn't "not" do them. We got a Member's Cruise on the Explorer that year, about a month before the cruise for $399 pp for an 11 night cruise, interior. No way would we have passed that up. As far as too many cruises......never!

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow which one was that, $399 for 11 nights???

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

Wow which one was that, $399 for 11 nights???

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

That was on the Explorer out of NJ on November 4, 2012, Member Cruise to the Southern Caribbean. We had several friends on the cruise, so I was following their CC thread. Then one day someone posted that they had interior cabins for $399 pp. I couldn't believe it, so checked it out and just had to book it.

Probably will be the only time we will be able to cruise on a Member's cruise. It was great. Free excursion for D on up, free gifts delivered to your cabin several times during the cruise. All kinds of free classes, jewelry making, yard art, plus others. Definitely one of our better cruises.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are at about 5-6 a year. We are not retired but we have both been at our jobs long enough to get 5 weeks vacation.

We are debt free- no mortgage, car payments or cc debt. We go on ski vacations- spending the kids inheritance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How Many Cruises A Year Are Too Many??

You asked this question here? on CC? :eek:

That's like walking into Cheers and asking Norm how many beers to too many?:D

Try asking your question at CC anonymous. ;)

How could it fade when it's not routine. None of my cruises have been the same. The itineraries may be the same, but the people you meet and the crew you interact with will change. The weather will be different. The seas will behave differently.

When I get tired of cruising, I'll be tired of life. And, that will never happen after I've been given a second chance!!

I meant for us, for us it could fade! We have a spring break cruise booked next year so we're doing something else for our summer vacation. Plus my husband's waistline can't take it!

One of my favorite quotes I found many years ago. Sail-away...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from the safe harbor.

Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore.

Dream.

Discover.

– Mark Twain

Love this quote, trying to live that way. My inspiration is more contemporary, Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen "There's a whole lot of things I ain't never done, ain't never had too much fun" Just retired, have 6 cruises totaling 74 days through November of 2018, 4 of them on RCCL. We will be spending 6 months a year in Asia, prefer to take a ship rather than a plane across the Pacific, fly 5 or 6 hours instead of 16 hours. Spending 41 days on Mariner of the Seas to get from Singapore to Miami, taking "The long way home" (Supertramp)

If you enjoy cruising and have the financial means to go as often as you like, who's to say there is a limit on the number you "should" take? If I ever hit the lottery you probably wouldn't see me on land for a year! Cruise and enjoy. Life is short.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

We did 26 cruises last year probably 23 this year' date=' so in the 20's range is nice for us. It depends on price. Two to three weeks at a time is good for us.

Charles and Connie[/quote']

:confused: 26 cruises last year..... 2 to 3 weeks at a time is good .......:confused:

Did you ever get a chance to pick up your mail?

It can only be too many if you're no longer enjoying them. Live for today. If you can afford it do it. I don't want my parents to worry about saving money to leave us kids. I want them enjoying every minute they have left on this earth!

Cruise till you can't or don't want to anymore.

There is no such thing as too few or too many as long as you are comfortable doing so.

Once it becomes less than pleasant or finances dictate is the time to reevaluate. Till then have fun!

Where can I get some of those???

Barb

Just found the receipt. Bought from: FlightDeck, (855) 332 5119. The luggage tags are actually embroidery on one side with a clear pocket on the other for your address.

Ibwas going to say it's too many when you can't afford to go, but yet you still book, but that's off the table now. [emoji1]

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

Too many is only reached when the embarkation overlaps the previous disembarkation

Never too many! Go book it.:D

And don't forget your August cruise. We are on the same ship!!!!! See you at the Meet and Mingle.