How Many Cruises A Year Are Too Many??

I am very fortunate to have been on cruise ships for close to 900 days. As a point of reference about "cruising too much" you never know what the future will bring. My late wife of 45 years passed away totally unexpectedly early last year at the relatively young age of 64.

She loved to cruise and we averaged approx. 10 per year over her last 12 years. We were able to retire early and could afford the trips. So take as many as you can pay for and enjoy them all.

I am very fortunate to have been on cruise ships for close to 900 days. As a point of reference about "cruising too much" you never know what the future will bring. My late wife of 45 years passed away totally unexpectedly early last year at the relatively young age of 64.

She loved to cruise and we averaged approx. 10 per year over her last 12 years. We were able to retire early and could afford the trips. So take as many as you can pay for and enjoy them all.

So sad to hear about loosing your wife of 45 years. You are the perfect example of why you should do whatever you want if you can afford it. Enjoy the memories of all those cruises you shared together. and feel blessed.:halo:

I still work and travel with my job, so it was very hectic for me.

My DH travels a lot for work too, so I get how that makes it difficult at times. We have only had one cruise where he has come home from a work trip and had to leave less than 8 hours later for a cruise.:eek::D We try not to cut it that close, but it happens.

So sorry about your wife, but what a wonderful testimony that has really hit home with me. I am 64 years old and have been married for many years.

We did go ahead and book the October cruise which will make 5 for this year. That is the most I have ever booked in one year. But I believe this will not be the last time I book this many!!!

The main point I did take away from this thread is to enjoy life to the fullest!!! I think this is just awesome advice!!!

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

Cruising has always been our go to vacations, our first cruise was our honeymoon. We have always been financially conservative and invested well, Over a 37 year period we managed to get in about 85 cruises, never more that 3 weeks in one year. Our dream was to cruise more when we retired. In March of 2016 the time had come. We retired and went to sea. Since we need to fly to most cruise we do B2B or more. We did 84 days that year and are doing 175 this year. So far it has not been too much but we will probably try out some land trips one of these days.

We were advised that these are our GO-GO years. Later will come the NO-GO years. Enjoy it while you can.

We also have to fly to just about any port - we drove to Charleston 2X, and once to Nola and Norfolk - flying is really such a hassle. If they could just figure out how to beam me up from my house to the ship I would probably cruise more often.

We love cruising, and 4 years ago moved to Florida. So now we are within driving distance of lots of ports. Probably we do 2 a year, but now am thinking that is not nearly enough. I would like to go for 3-4, depending on length. My next cruise is in 27 days on Oasis. I am on grand jury duty (for a year!) until March and don't like to miss too many sessions. After that, Ireally plan on ramping up my cruising. After my Sept. cruise, I will just need 1 night to become Diamond. After that, I may try Celebrity, Azamara, or MSC (as they match status). I do know I am not cruising nearly enough as is.