How Many Cruises A Year Are Too Many??

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused:

Let's just put it this way: You are nowhere near that limit yet. :D :D :D

Right now more than 3. But that is purely from a time off of work and finance standpoint. :) This year we have two (January and October), next year we have two so far (February and October) but are potentially planning a third in the summer. That will pretty much wipe our travel budget and vacation days, though.

Situations over the past year have enlightened me to enjoy life to the fullest. If your finances are in order and you can afford it, there's no limit on how many cruises are 'too much'. Do what you enjoy NOW! Sail on :ship:

For many years we enjoyed cruising to "get away" from work, etc. Now that we are recently retired, it is so nice to be at home we find we do not like to be away so much.

We spent four weeks at sea last year and felt that was too much and cut this year back to three. We also spend three or four week on other travel like going home to Ohio and visiting National Parks.

Another factor limiting our cruising time is that we hate to fly and can easily spend a week at sea by driving to Galveston. Of course that severely limits the ports aspect of cruising for us!

For us, there is no set number of cruises that is too few or too many. It just depends on what is going on in our lives and if we feel like booking another cruise. We have taken three this year and hope for a fourth on the Serenade this fall, if the price is right. We aren't retired, so we need to book around my DH work program schedule and business travel schedule. We have Alaska booked for next year which should be more than two weeks away between the cruise, cruisetour and days added to the front and back. That will be a much more expensive vacation than some of our other trips, so is we don't make another cruise until that one, we are fine with that.

We just do what works for us and don't worry about what others are doing.

No such thing lol. We've did 3 last year and have done 2 a year for almost 10 and we're not retired yet. We plan to cruise as often as we can for as long as we can. We're on a b2b in Oct/Nov and we did a 9 night this past April. We prefer long cruises so two cruises usually works out to closer to three weeks.

We have mostly taken the "bucket list" approach the last few years with our cruising. We annually plan 1 "big" cruise then another B2B - generally a Caribbean trip. We worked hard, lived modestly, invested wisely and avoided debt to be able to travel when we retired - so here we are.

Do it while you can - you earned it.

We have mostly taken the "bucket list" approach the last few years with our cruising. We annually plan 1 "big" cruise then another B2B - generally a Caribbean trip. We worked hard, lived modestly, invested wisely and avoided debt to be able to travel when we retired - so here we are.

Do it while you can - you earned it.

Exactly. If you don't spend it your kids definitely will. :D

I have only ever cruised once (in feb) but planning my next one for jan (i also have mexico booked for nov, and new york & vegas for feb... im from the UK)

My beautiful 49 year old mum passed away a week ago.... her philosophy was always life is happening now... make the trips you want to, do the things that make you happy. Sadly she ate her own words... but for her i will always live like that!

So book the cruise, life is simply to short.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

Whatever is financially comfortable. I wish that I had discovered transatlantic cruises several years ago. I would have done that twice a year (great prices) and enjoyed two weeks a cruise (I love sea days). :hearteyes: Good Sailing.

I'll let you know in December. [emoji33]

Our goal/budget is 12.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app