Princess boarding

Jburrows

What I find appalling is that people will book a BVE where they have to be off the ship by 3:30 PM and then Princess sends them the usual BS saying they can't board until 2:00 PM or so. It's idiotic. Those who come here to CC and ask are told to ignore the instructions as they are allowed to board before almost anybody else. Those who don't ask will end up with a very short time onboard for their money. It's unconscionable.

Yes it is enforced here, way it should be.:halo:

If that were truly the case then Princess should give late boarding people something for their trouble...like a drink coupon at least.

There's no reason why certain category cabins should get priority over someone else. :(

In my personaliser it shows progressive check in by deck as well as boarding starts at 1pm (which is rather late imo).

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready. Once onboard, enjoy a meal at Horizon Court which remains open throughout the day to serve you.

1:00 PM - Lido & Marina Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with L & M 1:45 PM - Baja & Dolphin Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & D 2:30 PM - Aloha & Caribe Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & C 3:15 PM - Emerald & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with E & R

has anyone had any experience with Princess boarding by what deck you're on? They say it expedites boarding. It doesn't make sense to me . So a person who arrives on an early flight might arrive at the pier at 1 o'clock but because of he deck they're on, may not be able to board unti 4. But someone arriving on a later flight might not get to the pier until 3o'clock and their deck boarded at 1 so now they're boarding with the people who have been waiting around. Doesn't make sense to me.

We are sailing on Princess Regal in August and we're on Caribe deck. We're told we're boarding at 4. The ship leaves at 6. Hardly enough time to make the muster drill, let Alice be get any lunch!!

Jan

These times are suggestions, not mandates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

1:00 PM - Lido & Marina Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with L & M 1:45 PM - Baja & Dolphin Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & D 2:30 PM - Aloha & Caribe Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & C 3:15 PM - Emerald & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with E & R

So people on the Aloha & Caribe Decks should be penalized because of the cabin location where they booked? LOL 😂

If Princess would increase the staff that services people in the terminals they wouldn't have half of the backup problems they've created.

It's all about their profits.

My travel summary says to arrive at 2:30 for a 4:00 sail. The reason I have a problem with this is that we want to sign up for the Ultimate Ship Tour. You can't request it until you are on board, and they only accept a small number of people, so we would have no chance if others boarded at noon. What time should we arrive then?

my travel summary says to arrive at 2:30 for a 4:00 sail. The reason i have a problem with this is that we want to sign up for the ultimate ship tour. You can't request it until you are on board, and they only accept a small number of people, so we would have no chance if others boarded at noon. What time should we arrive then?

10:30 am.

By some lines it is, they won't let you into the terminal outside of your given time, unless priority.:evilsmile:

I believe Princess tried that approach & found out that it created so much more confusion it wasn't worth keeping people out of the terminal.

The line outside grew to greater lengths while those that were allowed to board at the given time could hardly get past the sea of people milling around the doorway.

It's just easier to request that people board at a scheduled time & hope that the uninformed will adhere to it.

By some lines it is, they won't let you into the terminal outside of your given time, unless priority.:evilsmile:

At FLL, that's Broward County Sheriff's Office deciding, not the cruise lines.

After reading this thread, I checked Cruise Personalizer for our upcoming cruise and found no boarding times listed at all. There is a time listed that boarding starts at 12:30, but no assigned time and no time that you must board by other than the 4:00 sail time.

Wondering if boarding times are more due to the port than the cruiseline?

At FLL, that's Broward County Sheriff's Office deciding, not the cruise lines.

Good work by the Sheriff then, trying to reduce congestion, pedestrian and vehicular. Arrive too early for check in, expect to be arrested and miss your cruise then. I trust Princess Elites would be exempt, lol.:halo:

After reading this thread, I checked Cruise Personalizer for our upcoming cruise and found no boarding times listed at all. There is a time listed that boarding starts at 12:30, but no assigned time and no time that you must board by other than the 4:00 sail time.

Wondering if boarding times are more due to the port than the cruiseline?

I suspect progressive boarding got filed in the "Sounded Like A Good Idea" bin.

Boarding should start by noon. By 12:30 anybody who had already checked in should be on board, even first time Princess cruisers.

Thanks very much caribill.

I have been on cruises where it hasn't been enforced and one where it was. This is in Australia though. But usually after the elite/platinum boarding it is first come first serve.

On our cruise out of Sydney, they did enforce boarding times.