Miami Departure

SweetPea0517

Our ship is scheduled to be in on a Sunday at 8 AM, we are flying out of Miami. This is a winter cruise time period.

There is a 11:30 & 12:30 departure but the 12:30 only gives us a 1 hour layover in Atlanta to change terminals. So I am trading one risk for the other! What do you think it would be enough time to take the 11:30 flight?

I'd feel comfortable going with the earlier one. You won't have time to relax with a long breakfast. But, I'd rather make the effort to be in one of the earliest groups to disembark and not take chances with Atlanta.

Why do you feel that an hour is not enough time in ATL?

Personally, I see it as plenty of time.

Because ATL is notorious for delays AND the OP is changing terminals, I'd feel better with more time to make a connection there.

Speaking from one who this past January couldn't make the ( Ihr 10 min.) ATL connection due to delay in Fl.

Because ATL is notorious for delays AND the OP is changing terminals, I'd feel better with more time to make a connection there.

Speaking from one who this past January couldn't make the ( Ihr 10 min.) ATL connection due to delay in Fl.

That is why I am not comfortable with an hour, but not familiar with MIA enough to know getting through security for an 11:30 flight is enough! It wouldn't be much concern except if we don't take one of these flights it means we don't get home until late Sunday night.

Thanks for everyone's input!

MIA airport is a 15 minute, $27+tip cab ride from POM. For an 11:30 flight you need to be at MIA by about 10:00, and 9:30 is better. Should not be too hard to be off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by 9 or so.

1130am should be no problem. Just dont delay getting off the ship.We never make flight reservations with connections, especially in winter. Flights can be cancelled or run late due to weather ahead of you. And Atlants is notorious for delays at anytime.

Go for the 11:30 AM flight.

With that said I would highly recommend getting there 2 hours before, particularly if you do not have TSA Pre Check I am saying this so that you try to be one of the first ones off the ship.

TSA is getting ready to implement the new requirements for those without TSA Pre Check which requires that all electronics larger then a smart phone (even larger cameras) be removed from carry ons and that will likely increase the time it takes to get through airport security.

Be sure to print out your boarding passes while on the ship and if your airline has luggage check in right outside the airport I would make use of that.

Keith