Escape Dining Question - O' Sheehan's Prime rib?

Marlin girl

Hello. We will be on the Escape in October and have purchased the 5 night dining package. I know O'Sheehan's does Prime Rib on a couple of nights as well. Does anyone remember which night the Prime Rib is offered at O'Sheehans.

Thanks!

Hello. We will be on the Escape in October and have purchased the 5 night dining package. I know O'Sheehan's does Prime Rib on a couple of nights as well. Does anyone remember which night the Prime Rib is offered at O'Sheehans.

Thanks!

Prime rib will be offered at O'sheehans, main dining room, Cagney's, buffet, etc... Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is positive news to hear that the prime rib and ribs were being served in O' Sheehans on the Escape. I am one of the few people who prefer eating there over the other venues. My previous cruises have been on the Breakaway and when I was on this past May the prime rib and the rib dinners were no longer being offered. I think for the 7 day cruises the prime rib and the rib dinners were served 2 nights and there was a seafood basket offered another night.

I've been on GA 3x and Escape 1x in the last two years, most recently being this past April on GA. On each of those cruises, prime rib was offered the final night of the cruise at O'Sheehan's (complimentary). I can't remember the other day(s).

Grabbing an early prime rib dinner at O'Sheehan's on the last night while other people are packing has become a tradition for me.

It's a nice piece of meat, doesn't taste like preservatives, just needs salt.

Isn't O'Sheehan's part of the inclusive dining?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I think think the Op is thinking about which nights to book their specialty dining and wants to know ahead of time what night they can enjoy prime rib where there is no charge. at least that is how I see it.

also, I'm sure the Prime Rib offered in O'Sheehan's is "Select" grade meat. Still good, but the typical supermarket prime rib would be "Choice" one level above "Select".

I believe Cagney's serves Angus "Choice" grade meat.

Ncl does not serve prime rib on any of its ships. Only standing rib roast. Like you say, Select grade.

Ncl does not serve prime rib on any of its ships. Only standing rib roast. Like you say, Select grade.

You do know that prime rib is a cut and not a grade, right? Prime Rib refers to where the roast is cut from.

There are eight (or 9 depending on where you are located) primal cuts of beef. The standing rib roast is one of them.

A reference is here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primal_cut

There is such a thing as a prime grade prime rib, but that's not what prime rib refers to.

In related news, Chuck roast has nothing to do with a guy named Charles. Round is the back end of the steer. Flank is actually underneath.

Thanks!

Have been on the Escape twice over the past 13 months and both times the Prime Rib special at O'Sheehans was on embarkation night. They also have the all you can eat version at the buffet available on embarkation night as well. It's when we like to get the dessert crepes at the far aft of the buffet as well.

O'Sheehans is complimentary so you wouldn't use a specialty dinning night for that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I am inferring that the OP wanted to go to O'Sheehans for the prime rib night on one of the two nights they were not using their 5 night SDP.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Escape on Saturday. Prime Rib was served at least twice at O'Sheehans. On the last day (Friday-Nassau) we had a prime rib appetizer before we packed and ate to a late dinner. My cut of medium-rare was done perfectly. This was one of the best meals of the week. To my surprise, I thought it was much better than the porterhouse at Cagney's earlier in the week.