Doors

Cutequail

I heard that cruisers put something special on their door. I guess for fun and to easily find it. Is this true? Do we use tape to place something?

Edited by Cutequail
Mispell

I heard that cruisers put something special on their door. I guess for fun and to easily find it. Is this true? Do we use tape to place something?

Welcome to Cruise Critic..........

We decorate for Halloween/Xmas etc.

No tape as it damages the surface's.

There are hangers/hooks etc that don't leave any residue.

The doors and walls are also metal so you can use magnets too.

For last 11 cruises I have attached a 11" round port hole picture showing 3 sea gulls flying over the water to the cabin door. The port hole is mounted on a large round flat magnet covered with rubber. No damage to the door.

The Wife likes me doing this. She just walks down the hall way until she sees the port hole. She then knows that she is "home".

Bob

For last 11 cruises I have attached a 11" round port hole picture showing 3 sea gulls flying over the water to the cabin door. The port hole is mounted on a large round flat magnet covered with rubber. No damage to the door.

The Wife likes me doing this. She just walks down the hall way until she sees the port hole. She then knows that she is "home".

Bob

How original and most appropriate :D. It's very sweet of you to do this for your wife.

Not all of us cruisers. We've never had an issue finding our cabin. We like the one the cruise line provides.

Edited by davekathy

Different cruisers have different opinions,likes and dislikes.

Personally, I am not interested in decorating our cabin door.

Luckily,we are able to locate our cabin on cruises.

Door decorating takes me back to high school days,where each class participated in door decorating contests for various holidays.

Fun then, not my cup of tea now.

By the way , I have never seen door decorations on hotel or resort guest rooms.

Just my two cents.....

I'm sure most of us have seen anniversary or birthday signs on cabin doors. The stewards put those signs up. The signs have stickum on them that is way more sticky than scotch tape. I know because when we were younger, I'd take them home as mementos. I'd have no hesitation using scotch tape.

You won't see much door decorating going on Princess ships compared to Carnival and RCI.

If you do decide to decorate, don't put a magnetic chalk board on your door. On my last RCI cruise, quite a few people put magnetic chalkboards and dry-erase boards on their doors, complete with chalk or a pen attached. You should've seen some of the nasty pictures and crude comments, especially on a gay couple's door! :o I reported it to security and the boards were removed. Also, don't attach a pen on a string. Too much temptation for teens and misbehaving adults.

Bob

Where did you purchase this? I would like to find something similar.

Do not use tape that will leave adhesive marks on the door and interior walls.

If you decide to decorate you can find various magnetic dots and strips that have adhesive on one side to easily stick to the item you want to place on the door.

I personally don't decorate our door but I have enjoyed seeing some of the decorations others have placed on theirs.

The last time I decorated our door, the decorations were stolen. It was on a Hawaii cruise and the thing that they took was the shell lei's that you get free when you visit Hilo Hatties.

The 2nd night they took the cheap plastic lei's that you get free everywhere on New Years Eve.

Yes, you can say, maybe it was kids, but there were only a handful of kids on that cruise and they were not even on our deck.

I finally gave up on decorating our door.

Bob

Where did you find that? Great idea.