HAL loading Explore4 right now?

DaveOKC

I tried to check a cruise for March Panama Canal and it keeps just giving me the 2017 cruises. When it gets to 2018 the site locks up.

Since it has been reported that Explore4 is supposed to start today, I wonder if they are loading the new fare structures in right now.

It's there now! Good detective work.

I just saw it as well - I sort of figured that is why the website was having some issues.

Interesting that my March cruise (Panama Canal) is not on the Explore4 list. I am happy with this, as I would rather see them lower the price a bit more than take a price inflated Explore4 package (in my case of course).

I just saw it as well - I sort of figured that is why the website was having some issues.

Interesting that my March cruise (Panama Canal) is not on the Explore4 list. I am happy with this, as I would rather see them lower the price a bit more than take a price inflated Explore4 package (in my case of course).

Sometimes a sailing that is not listed actually does offer the Explore4. Never hurts to call and ask.

My cruise is eligible and the price has gone up $250 pp. It is a 14 day cruise, so that doesn't sound too bad. On the 14 day cruise I did in June, I spent a little more than that on drinks, so I am thinking this one over.

My seven day Caribbean cruise in March 2018 on Rotterdam isn't listed for the Explore 4. However, the fare is for this cruise is $1699 SB GTY. The same cruise for March 2019 with the Explore 4 is listed as $3199 SB GTY.

That's got to be a screw up. Even Holland knows their drink package isn't worth $1500 PP for a seven day cruise.

Just today paid the deposit on a 2018 Prinsendam Cruise. All the early booking stuff. Knew the Explore 4 was coming out today and Early Booking was ending.

As booked $10,954 + $500 OBC+ Air Credit + Service Charge + Dine Around + $100 Internet

Explore4 $ 10,540 + $200 OBC and all "we" can drink.and dinner

Tough call, but a choice.

I checked our cruise coming up this October and it looks like Ex4 is not available for it, only for cruises from March 2018 and out, at least to Europe which is what I was checking. But HAL website pricing looks to be almost $1000pp more than the deal we got in May from an on-line/book by phone TA; no perks but low fare, so still feeling good about it! m--

Just today paid the deposit on a 2018 Prinsendam Cruise. All the early booking stuff. Knew the Explore 4 was coming out today and Early Booking was ending.

As booked $10,954 + $500 OBC+ Air Credit + Service Charge + Dine Around + $100 Internet

Explore4 $ 10,540 + $200 OBC and all "we" can drink.and dinner

Tough call, but a choice.

Early booking promo is gone now. Hope you booked it as you can easily change ;)

IF the air credit is of use to you, then the Early Promo wins IMO. If it is of no use, it is a tough choice.

I found it interesting that our pricing for our cruise was nearly the same as when the Snap fare (non refundable came out) and, with Explore4.

My seven day Caribbean cruise in March 2018 on Rotterdam isn't listed for the Explore 4. However, the fare is for this cruise is $1699 SB GTY. The same cruise for March 2019 with the Explore 4 is listed as $3199 SB GTY.

That's got to be a screw up. Even Holland knows their drink package isn't worth $1500 PP for a seven day cruise.

You are correct. But I think what partially explains the big difference is that $1699 is a great price for a 7 day cruise in a Neptune Suite - normally you see them $2500 and up for a 7 day.

Early booking promo is gone now. Hope you booked it as you can easily change ;)

IF the air credit is of use to you, then the Early Promo wins IMO. If it is of no use, it is a tough choice.

I found it interesting that our pricing for our cruise was nearly the same as when the Snap fare (non refundable came out) and, with Explore4.

Yes I did do the early booking. There is a chapter 2. I was able to get the room I wanted for the first leg, but not the second, so it is 2 bookings. So I have up to $800 per person times 2. I guess that means as much as $3200 in air. I usually use miles. Another head scratcher. Thinking maybe Explore4 for one leg and Early booking for the other. Keep the Explore 4 for the longer leg and live on the $500 ship board credit for the shorter second. And of course, with two bookings that's two stockholder credits. Then there is the on board booking I could do in November, right after Explore 4 ends.

Lot of variables for a senior. Starting to feel like a job.

Yes I did do the early booking. There is a chapter 2. I was able to get the room I wanted for the first leg, but not the second, so it is 2 bookings. So I have up to $800 per person times 2. I guess that means as much as $3200 in air. I usually use miles. Another head scratcher. Thinking maybe Explore4 for one leg and Early booking for the other. Keep the Explore 4 for the longer leg and live on the $500 ship board credit for the shorter second. And of course, with two bookings that's two stockholder credits. Then there is the on board booking I could do in November, right after Explore 4 ends.

Lot of variables for a senior. Starting to feel like a job.

LOL - I am actually doing a B2B too. I don't really need the air on the 2nd leg but the price didn't drop enough to warrant giving up the extra OBC and prepaid grats. It's port intensive so the beverage package is not worth what HAL likes to think it is.

I think you may find out your air works out to around $4-$500 per person as opposed to the $800, but the pricing was really good. We normally use FF miles too, but I can't get them (yet) for the first leg.

LOL - it does feel like a job, doesn't it? I've cut the numbers and right now trying to compare apples to apples. I think the original promo is the better deal for us but it will be interesting to see what the price is without it.

Right now, for our cruise, HAL only offers non refundable if we don't want the promos and that is not of interest to me. Too far in the future ;). And too many possible things price wise may happen. For better or worse ;)

Kind of a joke if you want the Caribbean in early 2018, we've been looking at on in February on the Rotterdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get some very good pricing on the Rotterdam in early 2018. For example, a Neptune suite for $1699. These low prices will more than compensate for no Explore4.

Well..... I asked our TA to put a hold on a Signature Suite cabin on one of the Zuiderdam February 2019 PC sailings. When I add up the XPlore4 promo benefit against the increased cabin price (beyond what we got for our last identical PC cruise), it's slightly in favor of making the booking now with XPlore4. So, if I can talk DW into it, that's what we will do and watch for price drops (or other promos, e.g. CLIA) between now and when XPlore4 expires in November.