Need Latitude Points to jump to next level? See this month's Insider offer

DMH15

I just saw that this month's insider offer:

RECEIVE ONE ADDITIONAL POINT PER NIGHT & UP TO $100 ONBOARD CREDIT

This appears to be in addition to FREE AT SEA OFFERS!

For those people close to reaching the next level the extra points might just do the trick!

This isn't new...booking the Latitudes Insider Offer always gives you the extra point per night.

Thanks! Now I feel stupid.

But maybe if a NCL Oldtimer like me didn't know there will be maybe at least one other person who will see this and find benefit.

I will put on my dunce hat and go sit in the corner now. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL...well, I don't know if a dunce cap is called for! :o

If any newbies do happen to stumble across the thread, here is the list right from NCL's Latitudes Rewards page:

Ways To Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.

• Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.

• Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

We have to fight for it in the uk. We got sent the insider offer, booked with a PCC and was told that it isn't valid to uk guests. Had to point out that as they sent it to me as an offer and I was accepting it, so they went away, came back and said ok. Gave us the $100 obc but then had to fight when back to get the points, I've got mine from April but my husband is still fighting for his.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was so excited to see my Escape to Bermuda cruise for next year listed and was ready to call up NCL to modify my booking, then i did a mock booking online and noticed the price for my cruise went up by 100 dollars..d'oh :(

at least i should still be grandfather in the old latitude program for booking more then 9 months in advance..hopefully

Thanks! Now I feel stupid. ....I will put on my dunce hat and go sit in the corner now. :(

Nah, you are fine. After all there are apparently a LARGE NUMBER of people that do not know

- the 2 hour boarding thing is for the first day only

- there is a DSC

- you normally still pay 18% of the free drink package

- that you can not take water onboard

- that you can find a roll call by clicking the link above

- that you can learn about deposit and cancel on the ncl.com site

- that you can go all week without eating in speciality restaurants

- that your phone may not work in the middle of the ocean without paying extra

- that there are more than one page of posts

- that there are ports of call forums here

etc

etc

LOL! Chill out to those that think this was a slam.

Aren't these Latitude offers usually for cruises several months out? I noticed for August that NCL put a couple of October '17 cruises back on the list (one was on it previously, but had dropped off). Coupled with a slight price drop, would this imply that perhaps those cruises are not selling as well as expected (and therefore offer a better chance of bidding upgrades)?

Nah, you are fine. After all there are apparently a LARGE NUMBER of people that do not know

- the 2 hour boarding thing is for the first day only

- there is a DSC

- you normally still pay 18% of the free drink package

- that you can not take water onboard

- that you can find a roll call by clicking the link above

- that you can learn about deposit and cancel on the ncl.com site

- that you can go all week without eating in speciality restaurants

- that your phone may not work in the middle of the ocean without paying extra

- that there are more than one page of posts

- that there are ports of call forums here

etc

etc

LOL! Chill out to those that think this was a slam.

Hilarious! Loved it!

Aren't these Latitude offers usually for cruises several months out? I noticed for August that NCL put a couple of October '17 cruises back on the list (one was on it previously, but had dropped off). Coupled with a slight price drop, would this imply that perhaps those cruises are not selling as well as expected (and therefore offer a better chance of bidding upgrades)?

Yes

Latitude offers usually for cruises several months out.

You may have that confused with a former NCL program of booking more than 9 months out to achieve extra

latitude points. That Program has been discontinued with the addition of two new Latitude Levels - Ambassador

and Platinum Plus.

It seems the old program was slanted heavily in everyone getting platinum status with only a few cruises.

1 point for each night of a cruise

1 point for being in a suite class cabin

1 point for an Insider Offer

and the discontinued 1 point for booking 9 months out in advance

Grand Total 4 points per night - NOW the Grand Total is 3 points maximum.

The Latitudes Insider Offers are specifically targeted at times of the year - certain locations i.e. Mediterranean

and often some ship positioning cruises. These may be months out in advance and yet others a short notice

a couple of months (hurry up pack your bags and be at the dock tomorrow).

Nobody sees the Big Picture the same way NCL does but if a cruise is not selling well NCL may very well put

it on life support with all kinds of perks promos and insider offers FOR A LIMITED TIME (ONLY).

And of course there is always that YMMV factor.

Consider your options and be ready to seize the moment for that bargain cruise with boo-coo points !

at least i should still be grandfather in the old latitude program for booking more then 9 months in advance..hopefully

You should. I booked the Jade a year ago for March, 2018. Talked to my PCC a month or so ago and he said that as long as there are no changes made to the reservation, I will still get the extra point for booking more than 9 months out, as it applied when I booked it. For me it means getting to Platinum or staying Gold after the cruise.

You should. I booked the Jade a year ago for March, 2018. Talked to my PCC a month or so ago and he said that as long as there are no changes made to the reservation, I will still get the extra point for booking more than 9 months out, as it applied when I booked it. For me it means getting to Platinum or staying Gold after the cruise.

If you have reached a certain level you will maintain at that level - although the points necessary to get to the

next level maybe on the new scale.

And YES booking made 9 months or more out in advance will still have the extra points as long as the original

reservation dates are unchanged or altered. Any perks or promos will also remain the same as long as no other

changes or alterations to the contract for carriage takes place. Use due caution to avoid losing these and keep

well documented records of the original booking. Do not wait to contest the awarding of the points - there are

time limits !

If your booking is from the UK - a different set of rules may apply !

In closing remember you must have accumulated the points in prior cruises - if you score the points while

cruising you do not get the bennies until your next cruise.

Thanks! Now I feel stupid.

But maybe if a NCL Oldtimer like me didn't know there will be maybe at least one other person who will see this and find benefit.

I will put on my dunce hat and go sit in the corner now. :(

:)

No Please don't Thank you, I didn't know either.