Can you request a sofa bed instead of Pullman bed?

Does anyone have experience with this? We have an oceanview room with Pullman bed on Radiance (#3572). I could not find any with sofa beds available or maybe I did not think it would be that big of a deal. Now that I have seen the configuration of the Pullman bed, to me it is a deal breaker. If u sit up in the middle if the night, you bump your head or have to maneuver your legs around a ladder. If your child has an accident, it is on you! Has anyone successfully requested a sofa bed instead? It is almost $2k more a week for a family room.

Edited by Returntocruising16
Forgot ship

He will be 10, but a very tall 10. We are going to Alaska from Vancouver. Explorer goes from Seattle and has a different itinerary. It is for my parent's anniversary, and they chose the cruise, so I think radiance is it for now. We love the windows and open air on Radiance class ships.

Thanks! I was figuring...what is it like to squeeze 3 people in an oceanview stateroom? Anyone have Pullman bed experience that can comment? Maybe we will just have to split the master bed into singles to go to the restroom.

We had an OV cabin on Indy with two Pullmans. We had four adult aged people in the room. Beds were kept in the single bed configuration given the addition of our adult kids. Our kids slept in the Pullmans.

Remember how little time you will spend in the cabin. We use it to sleep, shower and change. Most other time is spent on deck. If you have a little one, it might be different.

So, yes, it can be done. It was a means to an end. That, and for all 4 of us, we paid around $1.5k for the trip, total including taxes/fees.

So, you will have to judge for yourself if you want the sofa bed sticking out, in your way, or the Pullman down. And how big of a deal either one is. If you don't like your choice, you just have to remember, its only for the trip, not forever, roll with it and don't let it bother you.

Enjoy the cruise.

Thanks! I was figuring...what is it like to squeeze 3 people in an oceanview stateroom? Anyone have Pullman bed experience that can comment? Maybe we will just have to split the master bed into singles to go to the restroom.

Had a Pullman interior on the Majesty long, long time ago. Very small cabin! We managed! Two college-aged kids including a 6' 2" football player. He had no problem with the Pullman and said it was more comfortable than a sofa bed. We had no problems with the ladder or anyone using the bathroom. We were careful to keep floor area cleaned up and used a night light so that no one tripped during the night.

If you want a sofa bed, you will need to book a cabin with a sofa bed....they will not change out furniture. You need to book a cabin that will accommodate your group in the type of bedding you want.

Check the deck plans for the type of bedding you want, and book accordingly. The deck plans show what sort of beds are in EACH cabin!

• 3 years later...
On 8/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, cb at sea said:

If you want a sofa bed, you will need to book a cabin with a sofa bed....they will not change out furniture. You need to book a cabin that will accommodate your group in the type of bedding you want.

Check the deck plans for the type of bedding you want, and book accordingly. The deck plans show what sort of beds are in EACH cabin!

Not true.  Just ask for what you want.  Traveling solo, they'll replace the second bed with a sofa.  They'll remove furniture that you don't want.  If it moves, they'll move it.

25 minutes ago, negc said:

This post is over three years old.......................................I am sure their problem has been taken care of......

it's like " Back to the Future " Marty should warn them about 2020 🙃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, negc said:

This post is over three years old.......................................I am sure their problem has been taken care of......

Hi Bill...Glad to see your post!  Hope you and Rita are well.     Laura