Security?

So we know many of the security officers are plain clothes but purely out of curiosity, are they armed?

They don't walk around with firearms, but they can access them if necessary.

This article, written by a maritime lawyer, specifically states, "But cruise ships from Carnival, Royal Caribbean or NCL, flying the flags of the Bahamas or Panama, have no weapons at sea."

Beyond this I have no information on the subject. If you really want an answer to a question like this it is best to ask the company directly.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/01/articles/terrorism-1/is-your-cruise-ship-prepared-for-a-terrorist-attack/

(Sorry for the sloppy job of editing in the post above.)

This article, written by a maritime lawyer, specifically states, "But cruise ships from Carnival, Royal Caribbean or NLC, flying the flags of the Bahamas or Panama, have no weapons at sea."flags of the Bahamas or Panama, have no weapons at sea."

Beyond this I have no information on the subject. If you really want an answer to a question like this it is best to ask the company directly.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/01...rorist-attack/

The security force has available to them what they need for the job that they do.

That's all that anyone needs to know.

Of course they do....including the LRAD System...anyone that thinks a cruise ship is without the necessary tools to defend and protect those onboard in an extreme situation is naive.

When we were on our All Access Tour we had a little while waiting outside the bridge for the group to clear.

A few guests tried to ask the security guard but he ignored the questions.

I know when my parents were on a P&O ship around the world several years ago in pirate areas the was weapons. Mainly water cannons I think but the suggestion they had other weapons were available if needed.

Great....now that i know the security are in plain clothes...im going to end up playing a game of "spot the cop" with myself the entire time LOL

LOL

I wonder if they try to really blend in by wearing shorts in the MDR?