I'm back and planning again -- Asia here I come!

Rebel54

After a year away with many things going on, I'm back on the planning again. My TA is booking Mynamar for April 2019. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've been wanting to book this for a while and I'm getting the itch to travel again. I can't believe it's been a year since our first Avalon Cruise.

I can't wait!!!!

Spirit of Myanmar & the Untouched Upper Irrawaddy - Southbound 2019 16 Day River Cruise from Yangon to Yangon (WYB)

Ok change one. I checked the 19 day cruise with Bangkok and it has the same sale so now we are doing

Spirit of Myanmar & the Untouched Upper Irrawaddy with Bangkok - Southbound 2019 19 Day River Cruise from Bangkok to Yangon (WYBQ)

Welcome back. The CD on our first Avalon cruise director (Hendrick) took the Irrawaddy cruise recently and raved about it. Avalon sails the northern part of the river and hits areas that aren't visited by most of the other lines.

I'm very excited. I'm also shocked my husband agreed to it because of the location. I haven't seen as much of that part of the world as he has. I lived in Japan for 4 years but didn't get to go anywhere while I was there. Saw most of Japan at least.

Rebel, good to know you are going to travel again. I thought you moved to the PNW and you were lost in the mountains or in the smoke.

RB

I WISH! We are still in Hawaii. After we returned from our trip we had to make the decision to take my dog off of chemo treatments. A few months later we had to make the hard call to put her down. Hardest thing EVER. A couple months after that my aunt passed away. I did make a trip to the Bahamas recently which was nice. :) Hubby is retiring from the Navy next month and has picked up a job here so we will be here until at least March 2019 which is when I reach my 10 years of govt service and can retire if I want to (already retired from the Navy myself). What better way to celebrate than an amazing river cruise :).

After a year away with many things going on, I'm back on the planning again. My TA is booking Mynamar for April 2019. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've been wanting to book this for a while and I'm getting the itch to travel again. I can't believe it's been a year since our first Avalon Cruise.

I can't wait!!!!

Spirit of Myanmar & the Untouched Upper Irrawaddy - Southbound 2019 16 Day River Cruise from Yangon to Yangon (WYB)

Hi Rebel.

Maybe it's your lucky day that I dropped by this board.

I've recently completed 2 reviews on my travels along the Irrawaddy...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/03/10/princess-panhwar-on-the-road-to-mandalay/

25282635040_01907ba63e_z.jpg

24951563273_ddd88b306a_z.jpg

25592046876_4553dfb8a3_z.jpg

...and this one specifically on Yangon: one of the most fascinating cities still to be fully opened up...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/06/23/one-way-to-do-yangon-rangoon/

25645256765_c02ed6f6fe_z.jpg

That sounds great! Too bad I have to wait almost 2 years to hear about the cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2453281

Hi JP.

My lucky day now.

We are booked next year on the Ganges and your comprehensive review just added to the excitement.

Thanks for taking the trouble to write.

Richard.

Oh thank you! I'm excited and will be heading there now! Did you do the hot air balloon ride?

Hi Rebel.

Maybe it's your lucky day that I dropped by this board.

I've recently completed 2 reviews on my travels along the Irrawaddy...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/03/10/princess-panhwar-on-the-road-to-mandalay/

25282635040_01907ba63e_z.jpg

24951563273_ddd88b306a_z.jpg

25592046876_4553dfb8a3_z.jpg

...and this one specifically on Yangon: one of the most fascinating cities still to be fully opened up...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/06/23/one-way-to-do-yangon-rangoon/

25645256765_c02ed6f6fe_z.jpg

Great balloon shots! Glad you found the India thread useful. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi there JP.

I actually found it awesome and appreciated the similarities in our respective styles of photography.

Plus the added bonus it will give my good lady some serious reading.

Thanks again for your efforts.