Bottled water

tommy

You can buy individual bottles of water in two sizes. Or, you can bring on board as much as you can carry, both at initial embarkation, and at the ports.

A third option is to bring a thermos, or a thermos-type mug, and fill it (with ice, even) with water from a tap.

Can you buy bottled water on ship Carnival sells a 12 pack for $2.99 Does Holland do anything like that

Carnival has upped its price to $4.50 for a 12 pack of 1/2 liter bottles. Still a fairly reasonable price.

The price list PDF that Krazy Kruizers referenced states that a 12 pack of 1 liter bottles is $32 on HAL. This cost is exorbitant.

The volume of water provided by HAL is equivalent to two of Carnivals packages however it costs nearly 4x as much ($32 versus $9.

Unlike Carnival's beverage policy, however, as mentioned by RuthC, people can still bring their own water aboard. In my opinion, the relative reasonableness of Carnival's pricing has everything to do with their policy of not allowing people to bring water aboard.

My recommendation is to avoid all the hubub and simply drink the water from your cabin's tap. :eek:

The onboard desalination process on modern cruise ships removes salt and impurities from sea water, rendering it some of the best and purest drinking water on the planet. Save your money, and drink the ship's water.. it's great! ;)

I normally don't pay for bottled water on a cruise (carry a large jug I get filled). However, I cruised Carnival 2 years ago and bought a case, and last year on Celebrity had a drink package that allowed bottled water. For me, it was for convenience. Nothing more.

At home many of us now have to pay for bottled water as the water in our system is horrible. Lots of black junk in it. Those Brita Filter systems don't work on what is in out water.

Once on a ship -- we drink the water from the taps.

Not all of us. That water must still be delivered by pipes.

If you log in to your HAL cruise reservation, I think you can now purchase a 12 pack of bottled water.

In that reservation purchases section, HAL also offers to sell " a gallon of distilled water" for approx US$3, alongside the brand name 12 pack listed above. Sorry I do not remember the brand name.

Personally, I am fine with tap water, ice on the desk and bring my own thermal mug. But I can understand people being shy of the taps, especially if they had a shot of bad water during previous travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In that reservation purchases section, HAL also offers to sell " a gallon of distilled water" for approx US$3, alongside the brand name 12 pack listed above. Sorry I do not remember the brand name.

That's great to know. Thanks!