Rci app

Here's some free QA for the Royal IT team:

In the app, go to:

Get more details on ships we support > Choose an Oasis class ship > Click on Safety (at the bottom) >

Under the "Medical facility" section, you will see HTML code <b>xx</b>.

xx is in place of the extension.  For Allure it is 1200, for Harmony it is 51, etc.  I'm guessing the extension is supposed to be bolded.

Easy fix.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:49 AM, HallOfPromise said:

Only time will tell if this becomes an interactive app. If this is Excalibur, it should be interactive at some point. The app description mentions this as a test app. This could be just a backbone to something more, or just a fancy brochure.

It also mentions full menus... I haven't found those yet, unless they pop up while onboard.

From the opening screen of the App click on "dining" at the bottom of the screen and then when you select any of the specialty dining option or the MDR there is a link for menu in the middle LH side of the screen. You can then select what day of your cruise you are interested in. Kind of cool.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Biker19 said:

Is check in available via browser?

No not yet. I have a feeling since this is Royal's first ship to leave from San Juan they will wait till the last minute. I think I will be lucky to see check in available at 30 days out. Not sure what's going on.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I have a feeling since this is Royal's first ship to leave from San Juan they will wait till the last minute.

This and they line up app availability with check in availability. Late check in for a ship starting up seems to be the norm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Curious, what would use it for pre cruise that you couldn't do in a browser?

For me it's not about the check in because I can do it via the browser. And it's no big deal if I cant use the app for the E-muster since I can watch the video in my cabin. What I really want it for is a calendar and list of activities and things that are going on. It's like having your own cruise planner right with you. I used the heck out of it when we were on Harmony. I really liked that feature of it. Everything else like you said can be done on a computer.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

What I really want it for is a calendar and list of activities and things that are going on. It's like having your own cruise planner right with you.

You'll get to do that.

Biker, who thinks the app will show up within the last week before the first sailing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You'll get to do that.

Biker, who thinks the app will show up within the last week before the first sailing.

Matt from the blog that shall remain nameless thinks that will be the case too. I’m hopeful. Just not sure why they are waiting. It should not be that big of a deal to get it online and supported in the app. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just not sure why they are waiting.

It could be a very simple $ issue - they don't have to pay the developer till next month. Also, I believe there's some hardware needed on the ship to support the app - that may not be ready yet.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OACAggie said:

Explorer is showing in the app for me now! Version 1.29.1

Yes finally got it to show up yesterday. Check-in has not showed up but did show up briefly today then went away. My wife was able to get us checked in via computer but now says unavailable. Not sure what is going on with check-in but it sure does feel good to see Explorer supported finally on the app.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...