Rci app

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Freedom is on her way back to San Juan and I assume it will be added to the app soon.

I think it may very well be. We're going to be on Freedom on their 3/29 sailing and my RCI app after updating now isn't showing the telltale 'this ship isn't supported yet' but is showing a lot more like a deck map screen, options to show dining, activities, etc.. Granted they are all showing nothing and deck maps are unavailable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did they add anything worthwhile to the app to earn their paychecks?

From the update:

With this release we’ve enhanced our reservations booking process, added additional payment options, and improved boarding pass synchronization for Apple Wallet.

Edited by Biker19

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, soremekun said:

There's no way to confirm it but it appears as if the chat feature is available for all ships now.  Previously, the app icon would only appear for certain ships.  It now appears for all ships.

Now we just need a ship to actually use it on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I’m not seeing the chat feature on any additional ships. Was that on iOS or Android?

I'm seeing this on Android with an app version of 1.25.1

Edit:

I cleared the app data and logged back in.  The chat icon is no longer appearing for each ship.

Edited by soremekun

In reply to app feedback in the App Store on 6/30 RCI says that because she is due for upgrades Jewel won't get the app till later in 2021 but all other ships are due to have it by the end of this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 10:15 AM, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

Thank you for all the feed back. Was hoping we could find way to communicate with others in our group.

I had success with group texts on both Celebrity Summit and Royal Caribbean Anthem using just the ship board intranet (An intranet is a private network that can only be accessed by authorized users).  This is basically what Royal IQ and Royal App are.  However it only worked between iPhone users and iMessage. The one person with an Android was out of the loop. I don't know if it works Android to Android.

33 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I had success with group texts on both Celebrity Summit and Royal Caribbean Anthem using just the ship board intranet (An intranet is a private network that can only be accessed by authorized users).  This is basically what Royal IQ and Royal App are.  However it only worked between iPhone users and iMessage. The one person with an Android was out of the loop. I don't know if it works Android to Android.

That was a quirk in the old Royal IQ app that has been discontinued. The new Royal Caribbean app allows texting between different makes of devices. 

• Like 1