Elite perk: Captain's Club coffee house?

challahmom

Can someone explain this Elite perk: Captain's Club coffee house?
They are talking about the morning expanded continental breakfast for Elite members. You are able to order espresso based coffee drinks as you dine on pastries, fruit, yogurt, lox, cereal, premixed smoothies, juices. So NO prepared to order hot items such as eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Can someone explain this Elite perk: Captain's Club coffee house?

On our last cruise in April, they had the Captain's Club Coffee Break, in the Tuscan Grill every morning from 8-10 (I think those were the hours.) Elite and above could go in for a nice coffee/cappuccino/latte/cup of tea or a Bloody Mary or Mimosa, and a light breakfast from a short menu of choices. They had things like a fruit or cheese plate, charcuterie plate, and mini bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese, and pastries. The fruit sommthies were very good too. The view from the back windows made up for the limited menu.

It is a Continental style breakfast usually held in the Tuscan Grill in the morning on S class ships. Typically, there is danish, muffins, cheese, some cold meats, etc and you have a choice of beverages.

It is a continental breakfast in a private venue (Tuscan Grill, usually) from 8-10. Complimentary champagne and bloody marys. It is a nice quiet way to start the day if you do not want a large breakfast served in the Oceanview buffet.

There will be rolls, croissants, cold cuts, bagels, lox, etc. Sometimes the selection will be self service and sometimes it will be served.

The Captain Club hostess should be there to answer any daily questions you may have.

Thank you all! I was hoping it entitled us to coffee in Al Bacio. Wishful thing!

Anyone can purchase coffee in Cafe al Bacio. You don't need to be an Elite Captain Club Member.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thank you all! I was hoping it entitled us to coffee in Al Bacio. Wishful thing!
If you have the Classic Beverage Package that includes coffees & teas from Al Bacio.

They are talking about the morning expanded continental breakfast for Elite members. You are able to order espresso based coffee drinks as you dine on pastries, fruit, yogurt, lox, cereal, premixed smoothies, juices. So NO prepared to order hot items such as eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes.

No cereals offered either.

No cereals offered either.

You may be correct, I was on the Solstice in December so my memory is a bit fussy on that.

Several years ago on the Millennium we were trying to get into the Elite breakfast BUT had stopped off at the Spa Cafe to pick up some of those yummy mini muffins & also a bowl of oatmeal. The hostess would not allow us into the Elite breakfast with those items. She reasoned that because those items are not served there if someone saw us eating it they and wanted the same thing the dining room wouldn't be able to accommodate that, so instead they denied us. I thought that was a bit draconian considering it's only breakfast.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

You may be correct, I was on the Solstice in December so my memory is a bit fussy on that.

Several years ago on the Millennium we were trying to get into the Elite breakfast BUT had stopped off at the Spa Cafe to pick up some of those yummy mini muffins & also a bowl of oatmeal. The hostess would not allow us into the Elite breakfast with those items. She reasoned that because those items are not served there if someone saw us eating it they and wanted the same thing the dining room wouldn't be able to accommodate that, so instead they denied us. I thought that was a bit draconian considering it's only breakfast.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

We were on Reflection last week and our friend loves his cereals, that's how I know they weren't on the menu ;). Salmon bagels are though :).

CaptDave Sony A7R-II Sony 90mm G f2.8 - Sunrise Cafe al Bacio - Celebrity Infinity off El Salvador 9-27-2015.

Al Bacio is our favorite place to relax inside on the Summit / Infinity ships. Photo is from our Sept 2015 Aqua 1 Panama Canal Cruise.

22557728265_9276e3ef12_b.jpg

CaptDave

When they offered the little buffet' date=' we used to enjoy the elite breakfast.

Now that you have to order a plate, it is difficult to get what you want, so we don't go there very much.[/quote']

This is a good place for a light breakfast. If you want variety and hot meals, you can head to the MDR or buffet. Many more choices there.

Just ask! They will make up plates... fruit plate with no melon? Sure. Extra capers? No capers? Yup.

That wasn't our experience on the Summit in the past. So again, the consistency between ships and sailings always differ.

Maybe they have changed, but like I said we did not even sit down in Tuscan Grille when we saw there was not buffet set up and they were serving plates.

That wasn't our experience on the Summit in the past. So again, the consistency between ships and sailings always differ.

Maybe they have changed, but like I said we did not even sit down in Tuscan Grille when we saw there was not buffet set up and they were serving plates.

I would agree that I prefer a self service mini buffet over ordering with a server. A limited continental breakfast offering does not particularly lend itself to waiter service. By the same token, if the Spa Cafe breakfast items now being offered as self service were only served via wait staff, I would not be eating there.

Our next sailing we will be on the Summit in Aqua class so I know we can get breakfast in Blu which is always outstanding. Just did not know about the Elite breakfast available - just gives us another option to possibly try. Thanks everyone.