Different prices for Go Best for different suites?????

JennJohnNYC

I'm scratching my head on this one and maybe I'm missing something obvious??

We are looking at a cruise for December and are considering several suite categories. However, when I price the Celebrity suite, it tells me the Go Best package is available for 550 per person. Then, the Royal suite says it's 850 per person. Just for kicks, I tried the Sky suite and it 350 per person!

The perks are the same for all 3 categories and tips are the same, so why on earth is there different prices for different suites???

Wouldn't the drink package, tips, Internet and 150pp credit be the same regardless of suite class?

Am I missing something?

We are looking at a cruise for December and are considering several suite categories. However, when I price the Celebrity suite, it tells me the Go Best package is available for 550 per person. Then, the Royal suite says it's 850 per person. Just for kicks, I tried the Sky suite and it 350 per person!

The perks are the same for all 3 categories and tips are the same, so why on earth is there different prices for different suites???

Wouldn't the drink package, tips, Internet and 150pp credit be the same regardless of suite class?

Am I missing something?

There are often multiple categories within a category: Cat. 2 D to A1 are all balcony cabins of the same interior size. Pricing varies by location, location, location. and cabin perks like A1 dines at Blu, has complimentary access to the Persian gardens, a few stateroom perks, etc. The GoBest perk would be the same except for the OBC which varies by category of cabin booked; Ocean View $100 up to Balcony $300, Suites +$. Read the fine print. Get a good agent to help you navigate this often confusing issue. There are more Sky suites, than Penthouse suites on board most ships; availability is key. If you can get a 7 night cruise for $350 a person including the port fees and taxes, RUN don't walk and book it.

Am I missing something?

You are actually paying for the "free" perks. The cost of perks is higher for Royal Suite than Celebrity Suite.

There are often multiple categories within a category: Cat. 2 D to A1 are all balcony cabins of the same interior size. Pricing varies by location, location, location. and cabin perks like A1 dines at Blu, has complimentary access to the Persian gardens, a few stateroom perks, etc. The GoBest perk would be the same except for the OBC which varies by category of cabin booked; Ocean View $100 up to Balcony $300, Suites +$. Read the fine print. Get a good agent to help you navigate this often confusing issue. There are more Sky suites, than Penthouse suites on board most ships; availability is key. If you can get a 7 night cruise for $350 a person including the port fees and taxes, RUN don't walk and book it.

Sorry, maybe wasn't clear. The 350pp is for the Go Best package only...in addition to the cost of the suite. My issue is with the go best package costing 350pp for a Sky suite and up to 850pp for a royal suite. Shouldn't the package price be the same (same exact perks) regardless of which suite you book?

You are actually paying for the "free" perks. The cost of perks is higher for Royal Suite than Celebrity Suite.

But they are not "free" . When I make the reservation, it asks me if I want to add them for 350pp for the Sky suite and 850pp for the royal suite.

Premium be package

150pp credit

Free internet

Free gratuities

The value of these perks are identical regardless of suite class, so shouldn't they "cost" the same?? Does a royal suite guest drink much more and use the Internet more...i don't think so. Just seems so dumb and odd.

Having just stayed in a RS, all of the perks are included in your cruise fare.:)

I agree with the OP, it makes no sense to me. I would guess the price would vary based on the number of days not the type of room.

Especially the RS as the Premium Drink Package and Unlimited WIFI are included in the base fare.

I agree with you, the price of Go Best shouldn't change based on which level suite.

In fact since the Royal Suite includes the Premium Beverage Package, unlimited Internet and speciality restaurants at no charge no sane person would pay $850 extra for Go Best just to get for the gratutity and OBC.

Sounds like a website issue to me,

I expect that the OP's initial cruise price for each suite category was based on a discount, such as a resident or senior rate. If you purchase a suite on a discount rate, the Go Best perks are not included. So, wanting the perks takes away the discount rate. Since the discount was probably more on a Royal Suite than on a Sky Suite, the new cost for the cruise with the Go Best perks would appear to charge you more for the perks on the higher category suites when, in fact, you have simply eliminated the discount for the suite.

I agree with the OP, it makes no sense to me. I would guess the price would vary based on the number of days not the type of room.

Especially the RS as the Premium Drink Package and Unlimited WIFI are included in the base fare.

So are specialty restaurants and gratuities.:)

I expect that the OP's initial cruise price for each suite category was based on a discount, such as a resident or senior rate. If you purchase a suite on a discount rate, the Go Best perks are not included. So, wanting the perks takes away the discount rate. Since the discount was probably more on a Royal Suite than on a Sky Suite, the new cost for the cruise with the Go Best perks would appear to charge you more for the perks on the higher category suites when, in fact, you have simply eliminated the discount for the suite.

I think you have it right Dandtrap328. Our Jan 2017 cruise in Asia. We had the choice of booking without perks or with all 4 perks. A couple we meet on the cruise had a suite without any perks.

This. All suites are automatically 'go best'. There's no lower rates offered outside of discount rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess that when I sailed in the RS last cruise I imagined the gratuities were included. Should have checked with you first.:rolleyes:

They are NOT included in the base RS/PH amenities like Premium Drink package or Unlimited Wifi and Unlimited Specialty Dining are.

Now I'm sure your gratuities were included in the PROMO you booked. They have been offering all 4 perks when booking suites for the last couple of years.

I wish they were as I have a RS booked with a resident discount next month so I don't have the 4 perks included so paying gratuities out of pocket.

They are NOT included in the base RS/PH amenities like Premium Drink package or Unlimited Wifi and Unlimited Specialty Dining are.

Now I'm sure your gratuities were included in the PROMO you booked. They have been offering all 4 perks when booking suites for the last couple of years.

I wish they were as I have a RS booked with a resident discount next month so I don't have the 4 perks included so paying gratuities out of pocket.

Looks like you know more about the cruise I took in a RS than I do. Thanks so much for your input.:rolleyes:

Am I missing something?

Ok, I've gone back and tried the bookings again, and I DO put in my state and the rate reduces and then there is the extra cost for the Go Best. When I try again and leave my state off, the rate does not reduce but the Go Best is "complimentary". Thank you all for the input!