Aqua Class with 3 year old

nast

We are booked in Aqua Class.

Our friends wanna join us on the same cruise. They have a 3 year old child at time of sailing.

It seems that aqua class cabins only accommodate 2 persons and not 3, so they cannot be in aqua class.

They can book a regular balcony cabin, but we cannot have dinner together in BLU.

The solution is of course is that we can go with them to the main restaurant, and that's something we consider.

But they really wanna book Aqua Class as well. I don't know if this is possible ?

Any tips and suggestions are welcome !

Our friends wanna join us on the same cruise. They have a 3 year old child at time of sailing.

It seems that aqua class cabins only accommodate 2 persons and not 3, so they cannot be in aqua class.

They can book a regular balcony cabin, but we cannot have dinner together in BLU.

The solution is of course is that we can go with them to the main restaurant, and that's something we consider.

But they really wanna book Aqua Class as well. I don't know if this is possible ?

Aqua class as you stated is only for two persons, never heard of them making an exception. Celebrity seems to strictly enforce AQ rules.

You can have guests dine with you in Blu for an additional fee on a space available basis.

Mr. Bo,

Are you sure about this? I have not heard of this. I have heard that suite guests can invite and pay for guests in Luminae.

You can have guests dine with you in Blu for an additional fee on a space available basis.

The fee is charged to your cabin and cannot be charged to your guests.

bon voyage

Fine for Suite guests in Luminae but does not apply to Blu.. I have never heard of anyone bringing guests for a fee into Blu. Only Suite guests who can eat in Blu on an availability basis can bring a child along.

bon voyage

Not so..BLU too small to have guests. Only AQ class ( 2 per cabin) may dine there plus Suite Guests, ok for breakfast, and only space available basis for dinner..Not sure if any fee is charged..do not think so.

OP friends with child can book any suite. Can dine in Luminae and also BLU, space available basis..usually space is found. OP can join friebds in Luminae a few times for the required fee..charged to the suite guest .I believe...

Otherwise they can all go to MDR..no extra fee

Mr. Bo is giving you incorrect information.

Blunis not available for guests of Aqua Class passengers.

Aqua rooms are strictly for two people only. The only solution, and it is a very expensive one, is to book two staterooms for the party of three,

I would call and ask about the possibility of an infant or toddler in an aqua class room. I have seen couples with small children in Blu and can't imagine that they had two rooms.

Having said that, Blu is almost totally adults and it is not the place for toddlers who can't sit quietly. I would not have taken my kids there at that age and they were fairly well behaved.

Sorry, not possible.

You can have guests dine with you in Blu for an additional fee on a space available basis. The fee is charged to your cabin and cannot be charged to your guests.

Sorry... But I believe that you have misinterpreted the policy...

• Suite guests can dine in Blu on a space available basis... The Maitre 'D and Host[ess] in Blu have a listing of suite stateroom numbers--classified by suite category--at hand... It is probably a safe bet that those occupying a Penthouse or Royal Suite [or in the case of Reflection, those occupying the Reflection Suite or--perhaps--one of the few Signature Suites on Deck 14] and those suite guests joining AquaClass guests will most always be accommodated... Those who occupy a Celebrity Suite or a Sky Suite are--both at breakfast and dinner--sometimes turned away or asked to return later if there are a fair number of AquaClass guests awaiting seating... AquaClass guests cannot--adherence is strict--bring non-suite visitors to Blu on either a fee or complimentary basis...
  • Suite guests may invite non-suite guests--in any cabin category--to dine with them in Luminae... The fee associated with visitor dining in Luminae is, as you state, assessed to the suite guest hosting the visitors...

I would call and ask about the possibility of an infant or toddler in an aqua class room. I have seen couples with small children in Blu and can't imagine that they had two rooms.

Having said that, Blu is almost totally adults and it is not the place for toddlers who can't sit quietly. I would not have taken my kids there at that age and they were fairly well behaved.

While there are sometimes a few children in Blu, they are most often--but not always--the children of suite guests who have been accommodated in Blu on a space available basis... That said, I have--very infrequently--also seen children in Blu who are AquaClass guests...

• The more common of two scenarios I've seen is that of a single parent traveling in AquaClass with a child...
  • And once, I encountered a couple who had booked three adjacent Aqua Class cabins--two guests per room--for themselves, their three children [one of whom was over age 18], and a nanny...

I apologize for the information about being able to dine in Blu, while it is 'technically' incorrect and almost never, ever done. I should not have blurted this out.

On a recent sailing we were able to eat there while being in a standard verandah, with friends who sailed in AQ.

I do urge you and others to discount my previous post about being able to eat in Blu under any circumstances and adhere to the information others have posted refuting this.

My apologies, once again.

bon voyage

bon voyage

This is incorrect. Passengers can NOT pay an extra fee and join friends in Blu. This is now accepted across the fleet. If the OP wants to eat with his friends, then they need to do so in anytime dining in the MDR, the buffet, or one of the specialty restaurants.

I apologize for the information about being able to dine in Blu, while it is 'technically' incorrect and almost never, ever done. I should not have blurted this out.

On a recent sailing we were able to eat there while being in a standard verandah, with friends who sailed in AQ.

My apologies, once again.

bon voyage

You should never divulge this secret information. Now everyone will try to get treated as well as you did) ;)

We only cruise in AQ/Blu since it opened...M and S class...

Children in AQ do sail with parent or parents, some very young. OK as long as only 2 are booked per cabin in AQ, or as mentioned, booked in suites.The children we have met along the way are well behaved, perfectly dressed, do not fidget or play loud electronics.. They act appropriately and love all the special attention!

Only problems we have had recently in Blu are large adult groups who sadly drink too much ...esp when food service is slow They behave really awful towards their own group members, are loud, and ruin the meal for other diners..Alc packages have not necessarily been a great step for Celebrity..esp as to demographics .

Well behaved children welcome, drunks not so much!

You should never divulge this secret information. Now everyone will try to get treated as well as you did) ;)

Arno,

Thank you for your kind words and postings...

I feel really bad about losing my foresight on this topic... and the issues which could harness..

I understand the policy and support it accordingly. Being a lowly Classic and never having sailed AQ, I need to keep my words at a minimum on these types of topics...

bon voyage

Arno,

I feel really bad about losing my foresight on this topic... and the issues which could harness..

I understand the policy and support it accordingly. Being a lowly Classic and never having sailed AQ, I need to keep my words at a minimum on these types of topics...

bon voyage

So yòur friends must have asked the maitre d' if it was possible to bring guests into Blu, to which it was agreed that you could?

Not being able to dine in Blu unless in Aqua has always been one topic where pax vehemently protest that it is strictly 'out of bounds' for those not in Aqua/suites. Don't worry, your secret is safe with us ;p.

So yòur friends must have asked the maitre d' if it was possible to bring guests into Blu, to which it was agreed that you could?

Not being able to dine in Blu unless in Aqua has always been one topic where pax vehemently protest that it is strictly 'out of bounds' for those not in Aqua/suites. Don't worry, your secret is safe with us ;p.

v - I can only rise from the ashes but so many times! LOL

It must have been the hangover from last night which made the original post! I usually overlook them, but once my fingers hit the keys, there was no stopping my brain and its' flow... :')

Thank you for your post and bon voyage

We only cruise in AQ/Blu since it opened...M and S class...

Children in AQ do sail with parent or parents, some very young. OK as long as only 2 are booked per cabin in AQ, or as mentioned, booked in suites.The children we have met along the way are well behaved, perfectly dressed, do not fidget or play loud electronics.. They act appropriately and love all the special attention!

Only problems we have had recently in Blu are large adult groups who sadly drink too much ...esp when food service is slow They behave really awful towards their own group members, are loud, and ruin the meal for other diners..Alc packages have not necessarily been a great step for Celebrity..esp as to demographics .

Well behaved children welcome, drunks not so much!

So true. I had similar experience in Blu on our TA 2 years ago. I made a comment to a Maitre'D and next evening that group was much quieter. Most likely few people made comments about the noise and loud talking.

We had a few children in Blu on the July 30 Baltic sailing of Silhouette. They were at a six top and very well dressed and behaved. I very much doubt the Maitre D would have let a standard cabin passenger in. He wouldn't even accept special Menu requests.

Arno,

Being a lowly Classic and never having sailed AQ, I need to keep my words at a minimum on these types of topics...

bon voyage

Well if you are a classic, I can understand why you had special dispensation. :evilsmile: