New Regent website - Looks like Oceania's

Travelcat2

As a relatively new user I am finding it clean and easy to navigate. And no problems on my IPad.

Agree with you!

In terms of fixes that need to be made, having worked with Cruise Critic on their new site (along with a lot of other posters), it is productive to give the issue(s) that you are having rather than providing general criticism. Perhaps a thread should be started that will allow posters to list issues (this is what was done with Cruise Critic and that thread still exists today).

Fair enough, I agree that most cruise lines are not technically equipped to offer dynamic currency pricing (although many internet commerce companies easily do so and the technology is readily available). And one does take some risk when deciding to pay in local vs US currency.

But my point is quite simple. Regent just refreshed its website to offer CAD pricing to Canadian residents. I would have expected that at minimum, the exchange rates would have been updated at the same time to reflect current exchange rates. If that was not possible, then launch of the new website to Canadian residents should have been delayed until the rates were updated. To do anything other than this actually deters Canadian resident from booking a Regent cruise, which I am sure cannot be part of the Regent business model?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand what you are saying but i think the website launch and currency rate changes are totally separate issues. The website was launched with Canadian pricing when their exchange rate was set and was not changing until some future time. As confirmed by Mr. O'Keefe they follow standard industry practice of periodically changing their rates.

To me it is irrelevant when the website launch took place in relation to any change in the exchange rate. Obviously the rate change was not scheduled to happen yet but they felt it was useful for their Canadian clients to have access to the information sooner rather than later. I agree with them. It is great we no longer have to contact a TA or Regent to find out what the CAD amount is but can just go online and make the comparison.

IMO delaying the launch of the website to the next exchange rate change provides no useful benefit to Canadians. Whether you get the information online or would have had to call to get the CAD amount the rate they are charging is the same regardless. Is the fact that we can now find out the exchange rate easier than before not beneficial to us? Was it just that people didn't take the time to do their homework and now they are surprised by what has been happening every since Regent (or any cruise line does) started offering CAD pricing that is bothering people? Sometimes the rate is in our favor sometimes is isn't.

I understand what you are saying but i think the website launch and currency rate changes are totally separate issues. The website was launched with Canadian pricing when their exchange rate was set and was not changing until some future time. As confirmed by Mr. O'Keefe they follow standard industry practice of periodically changing their rates.

To me it is irrelevant when the website launch took place in relation to any change in the exchange rate. Obviously the rate change was not scheduled to happen yet but they felt it was useful for their Canadian clients to have access to the information sooner rather than later. I agree with them. It is great we no longer have to contact a TA or Regent to find out what the CAD amount is but can just go online and make the comparison.

IMO delaying the launch of the website to the next exchange rate change provides no useful benefit to Canadians. Whether you get the information online or would have had to call to get the CAD amount the rate they are charging is the same regardless. Is the fact that we can now find out the exchange rate easier than before not beneficial to us? Was it just that people didn't take the time to do their homework and now they are surprised by what has been happening every since Regent (or any cruise line does) started offering CAD pricing that is bothering people? Sometimes the rate is in our favor sometimes is isn't.

Very well put and I definitely agree. Getting exchange rate information is so easy - people just need to make a exchange site a "favorite" so they can click on it anytime they wish. Some websites give "cheat sheets" so that you have a reference when visiting countries. Regent seems to be trying to accommodate their northern neighbors and it does not seem as if it is appreciated.

Jason, just having a few sentences does not alleviate the problem. The tours should be listed one after the other (as in the past) and allow passengers to highlight the ones they want to read. Having to scroll to all the tours even if only a few sentences are posted still takes a long time and it's not user friendly. At least follow Oceania's website where tours are listed one after the other and passenger can click on one he/she is interested in. I'm not criticizing, I'm offering ways to keep it user friendly. Thanks for listening.

Forevertravel

Gold:)

IndiTraveler,

Yes and for everyone's benefit, Section 508 ensures the site is compliant with assistive technologies (software or hardware used by people with physical impairments). We have an external vendor that is facilitating those requirements for us and will take a few more weeks to complete.

Outstanding.

Just wondering if it's just me but when looking at Regent's new website (Canadian) there is no option other than call for quote or save this cruise. Used to be able to book a cruise (in USD) but don't see this option anymore. I am on my tablet and have tried looking with 3 different search engines. Anyone else?

Just wondering if it's just me but when looking at Regent's new website (Canadian) there is no option other than call for quote or save this cruise. Used to be able to book a cruise (in USD) but don't see this option anymore. I am on my tablet and have tried looking with 3 different search engines. Anyone else?

While l am not familiar with the Canadian website, on the new U.S. website, if you search for a cruise and find it, click on More Details and then Plan My Cruise. You end up (after making selections) at a place where you can forward the information to your TA. If this doesn't work on the Canadian website, is there a reason why you can't do the preliminary work on the U.S. website?.

Hopefully you are not planning on booking directly with Regent as you will miss out on OBC's and getting a percentage back on your cruise fare. If you have a TA that regularly books with Regent, they will likely accept Canadian dollars.

While l am not familiar with the Canadian website, on the new U.S. website, if you search for a cruise and find it, click on More Details and then Plan My Cruise. You end up (after making selections) at a place where you can forward the information to your TA. If this doesn't work on the Canadian website, is there a reason why you can't do the preliminary work on the U.S. website?.

Hopefully you are not planning on booking directly with Regent as you will miss out on OBC's and getting a percentage back on your cruise fare. If you have a TA that regularly books with Regent, they will likely accept Canadian dollars.

Thank you for the quick response ...the way you describe is how it used to work but there is no option showing anymore for "plan my cruise". It's either request a quote or save this cruise.

Regent now defaults to a Canadian pricing site...cannot see pricing in USD unless I go to an online TA agency's site.

We do use a TA for all our cruises for the rebates but we like to price things out ourselves so we know what the base price is and what cabin availability is. Maybe this is a glitch because I am on my tablet. Will try on my desk top tomorrow but as it stands now it is frustrating to work with.

Thanks

Jack1

What you describe is exactly my problem with the new website. As a Canadian resident, I can no longer see the prices in USD. I usually plan trips years in advance and I want to know what my base price is in USD.

I have tried on my tablet and my desk top. It is very frustrating because now I have to go to other websites to find out the Regent prices in USD.

Jack1

What you describe is exactly my problem with the new website. As a Canadian resident, I can no longer see the prices in USD. I usually plan trips years in advance and I want to know what my base price is in USD.

I have tried on my tablet and my desk top. It is very frustrating because now I have to go to other websites to find out the Regent prices in USD.

Thank you for your reply. Do you see the feature we used to have "plan my cruise" when you go on Regent's site? Not having this feature (website says call your TA or Regent) is also frustrating as I don't want to call my TA when I am just looking (will contact them when I am ready to book) and I for sure don't want to call Regent as I don't want to have my contact info farmed out to some travel agency to call me. While pleased to see Canadian pricing on the website the exchange rate at present seems to favor us booking in US dollars.

Hope they fix these 2 areas. BTW. ..Oceania's website seems the same now.

Jack1, is it possible to log out of the Canadian website (not sure because it sounds like you are automatically directed to the Canadian site). I've heard of people in the U.K. logging out of their website to check out pricing, etc. on the U.S. website. They were successful in doing that but the Canadian website is new. I am puzzled as to why they needed a Canadian website. When I book flights there is usually a currency converter on the site or at least a way to see it in both U.S. and Canadian dollars (we live in the U.S. but fly out of Canada).

Anyway, it was just a thought!

Jack1, is it possible to log out of the Canadian website (not sure because it sounds like you are automatically directed to the Canadian site). I've heard of people in the U.K. logging out of their website to check out pricing, etc. on the U.S. website. They were successful in doing that but the Canadian website is new. I am puzzled as to why they needed a Canadian website. When I book flights there is usually a currency converter on the site or at least a way to see it in both U.S. and Canadian dollars (we live in the U.S. but fly out of Canada).

Anyway, it was just a thought!

I thought I would try this, but for the life of me I cannot find the logout. Any ideas? I went into a different browser where I am not signed in and the prices show as Canadian. I suspect they may be using IP addresses to determine country, I cannot see where the country could be changed. I am more familiar with the Celebrity web site. It defaults to Canadian prices but at the bottom of their page you can change the country to US to get the US prices.

Linda

I thought I would try this, but for the life of me I cannot find the logout. Any ideas? I went into a different browser where I am not signed in and the prices show as Canadian. I suspect they may be using IP addresses to determine country, I cannot see where the country could be changed. I am more familiar with the Celebrity web site. It defaults to Canadian prices but at the bottom of their page you can change the country to US to get the US prices.

Linda

Linda - I'll try to help. On this page, on the same line where you see "Boards Home", "Guidelines", "Find Your Roll Call", etc. - look on the right and you should see your "name" avatar and a little arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and you'll see logout as well as other things.

Hope that this helps!

Jackie

Linda - I'll try to help. On this page, on the same line where you see "Boards Home", "Guidelines", "Find Your Roll Call", etc. - look on the right and you should see your "name" avatar and a little arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and you'll see logout as well as other things.

Hope that this helps!

Jackie

Sorry, it is logging out of Regent that I am having trouble with.

Linda

Linda

My response was definitely dumb -- I seem to have Cruise Critic on the brain:evilsmile:. I went into the Regent website and you're right - no way to log out. If I find it, I'll post again. I did find an interesting part of the website having to do with comparing Regent with other luxury and premium cruise lines. Will post that on the Viking Ocean thread.

i was happy to hear that they were providing us with CAD pricing online but extremely unhappy that i can't change country so i can book in USD if i should decide that is better. They have essentially rendered the website useless as far as i am concerned as now i have to contact someone no matter what i want to do. Before i could have at least booked in USD if that is what i want to do. So in their effort to help us they have made the situation worse.

Mr. O'Keefe if you are still reading this thread please take note of the comments by your Canadian clients. Very disappointed in the new website.

As well i noticed that a cruise that i am interested in and contacted Regent to get the CAD pricing just before the website was launched, is now higher than what was quoted to me by a Regent agent. So either the pricing has changed within just a couple of days or their agents are giving different prices than the website. Once again rendering the website useless for me.

i was happy to hear that they were providing us with CAD pricing online but extremely unhappy that i can't change country so i can book in USD if i should decide that is better. They have essentially rendered the website useless as far as i am concerned as now i have to contact someone no matter what i want to do. Before i could have at least booked in USD if that is what i want to do. So in their effort to help us they have made the situation worse.

Mr. O'Keefe if you are still reading this thread please take note of the comments by your Canadian clients. Very disappointed in the new website.

As well i noticed that a cruise that i am interested in and contacted Regent to get the CAD pricing just before the website was launched, is now higher than what was quoted to me by a Regent agent. So either the pricing has changed within just a couple of days or their agents are giving different prices than the website. Once again rendering the website useless for me.

Correction to my last post that i was too late to edit. Please ignore the last paragraph as i screwed up and selected the wrong cruise. There are 2 with the same heading and i picked the longer one hence the difference in price. My apologies.

For what it's worth, I track the US fares on my site - when people write to me, it's usually to complain that I don't have foreign fares.

Anyway, if you search around Cruise Critic, you can probably find my site mentioned here - usually for Crystal, but since I also sail on Oceania and Regent, I track those lines too. It's just a hobby site, though, and I only update it once a month. And I don't track the specials - although with this last set of updates, I did add a note when there is a Seven Seas Society benefit - so, in the end, you still need to check Regent's site for the best deal.

After searching for a while I did manage to find your website. Lots of good info - thank you.

Mike Moore has confirmed to me that they are now only using the IP address to determine what the user sees; the facility to choose/change country on the website has been removed.

While on a recent cruise we found this introduced a further complication. While using the internet connection on board, the Regent website assumed we were in Miami and therefore only displayed US information (e.g. pricing, FAQs, Ts&Cs etc); we were unable to access UK pricing (even when logged in to our account).

MM acknowledges the difficulty and says that he will "........ discuss options with the decision makers and see if we can create an option that is suitable for everyone"

Watch this space

Mike Moore has confirmed to me that they are now only using the IP address to determine what the user sees; the facility to choose/change country on the website has been removed.

While on a recent cruise we found this introduced a further complication. While using the internet connection on board, the Regent website assumed we were in Miami and therefore only displayed US information (e.g. pricing, FAQs, Ts&Cs etc); we were unable to access UK pricing (even when logged in to our account).

MM acknowledges the difficulty and says that he will "........ discuss options with the decision makers and see if we can create an option that is suitable for everyone"

Watch this space

Thanks Flossie for finding out this information and posting it. I hope they fix this. It is 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Forcing people to see the pricing for their country only doesn't make them book in that currency just makes for more work while doing research.

Linda

I realize that the ship has sailed (so to speak) on the reason for logging out, but just fyi, you can log out of the Regent site by mousing over "My Account" at the top. A drop-down will show, and log out is the last option on the drop-down.

I realize that the ship has sailed (so to speak) on the reason for logging out' date=' but just fyi, you can log out of the Regent site by mousing over "My Account" at the top. A drop-down will show, and log out is the last option on the drop-down.[/quote']

The Logout option does not show for me in Chrome when I mouse over My Account. I logged in under Firefox and I see the Logout option there. Thanks.

Linda

Logout update. I right clicked on the Regent page in Chrome and found the logout link in 'View page source'. Clicking it allowed me to logout, and after logging back in I now have the Logout Link showing under My Account.