3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

‡FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only. Offer is based on availability in like to like stateroom types (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites. Offer does not apply to land portion of a cruisetour.

can you dumb this down for a newbie. does it mean if a forward balcony is 600 but the mid ship balcony i want is 800 that i get the mid for 600?

i'm assuming minis arent included per the parenthesis above?

Good Job! I was having trouble copying link to pdf here.

The Excel file opens for me, but no fares posted there so pdf has all the info.

scroll up on the excel...I thought the same thing...for some reason the file is saved with the info scrolled all the way up...If you go in and scroll to the top you will see the fares...looks like ours may jump up $20pp but then again our TA is usually cheaper than the fares posted on these spreadsheets so hoping it all works out...but still $40 for $150 obc plus gratuities for just the 1 week...I think it would be worth it for us to jump on it;p

scroll up on the excel...I thought the same thing...for some reason the file is saved with the info scrolled all the way up...If you go in and scroll to the top you will see the fares...looks like ours may jump up $20pp but then again our TA is usually cheaper than the fares posted on these spreadsheets so hoping it all works out...but still $40 for $150 obc plus gratuities for just the 1 week...I think it would be worth it for us to jump on it;p

Thanks, Scrolled up on Excel file...now I can see the fares! DUH!

Hope your plans work out well with the 3 For Free!

Thanks, Scrolled up on Excel file...now I can see the fares! DUH!

Hope your plans work out well with the 3 For Free!

Hey don't feel bad, I downloaded it twice before it dawned on me to scroll...after I tried to kill my eyesight looking at the pdf...

Me too...I hope for you as well if you were looking to hop on that deal.

Wow that is great on the oceanview one! Come on 9/5!

We'll be happy with the lower net cost & that amount is based on a 15-day cruise & thus more OBC & tips. Cruise fare increased by $75/pp however the extra benefits resulted in a substantially lower net cost. :D

Not quite sure how this became a TA bashing, but you don't know what office I use nor do you know the service I receive from my TA so please do not pretend to know whether or not my TA is good or bad solely based on the fact I said he followed his company policy and didn't release his TA rate sheet to me. As a matter of fact princess lists them as Commodore Certified Travel Agent. AS stated for our upcoming cruise I priced him out against a very widely used TA that lots on CC use and I found he gave me more in discounts and extras than she would, not to mention when I first contacted her she dropped the ball and never got back to me, said she would send a quote and never did, I had to reach back out to her. My TA has always responded to me in 24 hours or less unless he himself is out on vacay and has always had the lower price when we have thought of looking elsewhere, so I hope this puts the issue of whether or not my TA is good or not to rest and we can get back on topic of the 3 for free deal!

I agree with you. There are many TA companies and many of them are throughout the states so you don't deal with the same person necessarily from the same company. I have a niece who is TA and works for a brick and morter travel agency that is throughout the US and I don't use her....she is not good at returning my calls so I don't know how good she would be for strangers. With that said, I used different TAs from several different companies depending on who is giving me the best price/perks...and that varies with each booking.

I would never fault a TA for not publizing a deal before it is supposed to be put out there...It would be nice but I don't expect it.

By the way, where would I find Princess' rating for TA companies??

I agree with you. There are many TA companies and many of them are throughout the states so you don't deal with the same person necessarily from the same company. I have a niece who is TA and works for a brick and morter travel agency that is throughout the US and I don't use her....she is not good at returning my calls so I don't know how good she would be for strangers. With that said, I used different TAs from several different companies depending on who is giving me the best price/perks...and that varies with each booking.

I would never fault a TA for not publizing a deal before it is supposed to be put out there...It would be nice but I don't expect it.

By the way, where would I find Princess' rating for TA companies??

Susan i went to the princess website and found the page for need a TA, typed up the zip of the area my TA is in and it showed the TAs and next to their name it said Commodore. We had picked him based on friends we were traveling with used him so being our first time we just let them do it...it was fabulous and were hooked and then later found out their rating.

can you dumb this down for a newbie. does it mean if a forward balcony is 600 but the mid ship balcony i want is 800 that i get the mid for 600?

i'm assuming minis arent included per the parenthesis above?

I have never been able to get a true "upgrade"...always seems to be "conditions".

Once they offered me an "upgrade" that put us in the very first cabin, up front on a different deck than what we were originally on. They thought it was an upgrade but we didn't. I had them switch it back.

When the sale comes out, I will call my TA and see what they can do.

Susan i went to the princess website and found the page for need a TA, typed up the zip of the area my TA is in and it showed the TAs and next to their name it said Commodore. We had picked him based on friends we were traveling with used him so being our first time we just let them do it...it was fabulous and were hooked and then later found out their rating.

A TA that reaches Princess Commodore status has completed extensive individual training on the Princess product and maintains that status with yearly training and Sales of the product .

Training includes many hours of online courses and

cruising experience aboard Princess .

It is an individual accomplishment, not an agency award .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A TA that reaches Princess Commodore status has completed extensive individual training on the Princess product and maintains that status with yearly training and Sales of the product .

Training includes many hours of online courses and

cruising experience aboard Princess .

It is an individual accomplishment, not an agency award .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ok but the TA I work with has taken this training.

I have never been able to get a true "upgrade"...always seems to be "conditions".

Once they offered me an "upgrade" that put us in the very first cabin, up front on a different deck than what we were originally on. They thought it was an upgrade but we didn't. I had them switch it back.

When the sale comes out, I will call my TA and see what they can do.

Susan we have our TA mark our booking no upgrades, but that said when this type of promo comes out he is always able to get us the lower price for our cabin type while we maintain the cabin we want. We usually pick a mid ship interior which is higher but 99.999% of the time are paying the price of the lower priced interior cabin and usually a little bit less than what princess has it posted for on top of that.

Some of you more seasoned cruisers may be able to offer some credible reason for the beancounters at HO only offering this 'special' to a limited few.

Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer.

It would cost many of us as much to get to the cruise port as for the cruise itself. Maybe they feel there would not be enough small change left for their onshore excursions?

It can't be because we may eat/drink too much or that some of may be descended from convict stock.

Whatever.

Maybe next time?

OK. Trying to make sure I understand this properly. I thought I did until the fare sheet was posted. :) Not working with a TA.

We are currently booked in a Summer 2018 Alaska cruise, BB balcony cabin, with the Sip and Sail promotion. Since we don't drink, we took the OBC and got $300 ($150 each for person 1&2 because 7 day cruise, third passenger got no OBC for turning down the soda package.)

Looking at the fare in the sheet that was so kindly posted, the fare listed for a balcony on our dates for person 1 & 2 is about $150 less than our current fare. There are still non-premium balcony cabins available for our cruise.

Three for free would give us that lower fare for person 1 & 2 but no fare change for person 3. We'd get the prepaid gratuities and $75 OBC (7 day cruise) for each of the three people in the cabin.

So, if I ask to take off the S+S and swap for 3 for free, I should be able to keep our same cabin (not a premium cabin and there are still balconies available for our sailing.) We would lose the $300 S+S OBC, but lower our fare by $300 PLUS get the prepaid gratuities and also get $225 OBC?? Am I missing something?? We were about to make payment in full this week just to have it over with but now I'm thinking I should wait until after 9/5...

Thanks!!