3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

If I have 2 cabins booked under the S&S, but only my balcony cabin qualified and not the inside for the beverage package, could I keep the one cabin on the S&S and the inside on the 3 for Free promotion?

Yes. We just got off a family cruise to AK where we (parents) had a mini and our DS and his family had the interior cabin across the hall. We booked the mini under the S'n'S and the interior with no promotion. Later when the 3 for free came out, I changed the interior to that sale. It worked great. We received an extra key to our mini so that our DS could use our balcony when we were not there. We had a great family cruise.

Yes. We just got off a family cruise to AK where we (parents) had a mini and our DS and his family had the interior cabin across the hall. We booked the mini under the S'n'S and the interior with no promotion. Later when the 3 for free came out, I changed the interior to that sale. It worked great. We received an extra key to our mini so that our DS could use our balcony when we were not there. We had a great family cruise.

Great, thank you - this is similar to our situation: kids in the inside cabin ;).

I see that the regular price of a cruise we hoped to book, is now marked 'sale'. My guess is the regular price will be going up for this special.

It appears that changes are being made to my cruise's pricing & as they prepare their website for 3 for Free things may get crazy until Tuesday.

Mine doesn't have the "sale" label & the lowest price for my cruise fare has increased about $500/pp since yesterday. My current non-promotional price is not the cheapest category & the fare chart shows my price will be $75/pp more. With the 3 for Free OBC & tips the chart's price is easily cost effective for us.

I can only speculate about why the current price is $350 more than the chart's price but have seen Princess marketing increase prices before a promotion to make the sale prices appear to be a fare reduction.

It appears that changes are being made to my cruise's pricing & as they prepare their website for 3 for Free things may get crazy until Tuesday.

Mine doesn't have the "sale" label & the lowest price for my cruise fare has increased about $500/pp since yesterday. My current non-promotional price is not the cheapest category & the fare chart shows my price will be $75/pp more. With the 3 for Free OBC & tips the chart's price is easily cost effective for us.

I can only speculate about why the current price is $350 more than the chart's price but have seen Princess marketing increase prices before a promotion to make the sale prices appear to be a fare reduction.

The chart shows mine will be $100 more each than the sale shown now, which is fine. My TA will also offer it lower. Very much worth it on a 15 day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The chart shows mine will be $100 more each than the sale shown now, which is fine. My TA will also offer it lower. Very much worth it on a 15 day cruise.

Has the current price of your cruise increased? With ours increasing by over 25% maybe they don't want anyone to book until 3 for Free on Tuesday.

I can hardly wait till Tuesday and see the "sales". The Oct. 2018 cruise I have been comparing prices for has gone up according to the spreadsheet for the 3 for Free sale. The other day inside cabins were $1299, sheet said $1749, oceanviews $1599, sheet said $2149. What a jump in price, sort of like the gas prices we are seeing!! So I guess we do pay for the amenities they offer on their sales.

I just looked at the spread sheet for our Spring TA with the 3 for 3 and as of right now the cruise price listed on it is more money than what we paid for on the S&S promo, like I said as of right now, we'll be watching after the official release date. We always go direct with Princess.com. Anytime we have questions we call Princess and hear it from the "horses mouth" as they say and always take 2nd and 3rd had info with a "grain of salt"

How does the upgrade work? Is it the price of the cabin category directly below the one you are booked on that you pay for? The cost of the inside cabin for our kids has risen, but I wondered which rate applies to their cabin - for reference, they are in an ID.

I just checked the fares for our June 2018 Alaska cruise and it has gone up $140pp. For us that is $560 more. That would also raise our insurance another $44.80. I calculated out what we have currently have with the Sip&Sail promo vs. what we would get with the 3 for Free (with this higher fare, unless by some stroke of luck it goes back down on the 5th) and we would still have a net savings of about $242. So the 3 for Free might still work out better for us even with the higher fare. I was hoping the fare would stay the same as when we booked though (but that would have been too easy).

How does the upgrade work? Is it the price of the cabin category directly below the one you are booked on that you pay for? The cost of the inside cabin for our kids has risen, but I wondered which rate applies to their cabin - for reference, they are in an ID.
In the past, it has been the lowest cabin in each category type that has been the price for all available cabins in that type. So an IE price for everything up to IA (or whatever specific categories are on that particular ship).

eta-seeing you are in the U.K., you would need a US travel agency to book this, as Aulanis notes below.

Edited by cherylandtk

@villauk Have I got it wrong or is this promotion just for the US& CAN bookings. Can you book Princess through a US TA?

" Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer.

Price for Our cruise Ruby on June 9th has not changed at all. So I think ours woukd be more with new price?? Not really sure how this all works

Thanks

I think we have to wait and see what the prices will be on the 5th when this deal comes out. Probably can't go by current prices.

I have never once been able to get a "same category upgrade"! There always seems to be some convoluted explaination as to why I can't get cabin X or y.

@villauk Have I got it wrong or is this promotion just for the US& CAN bookings. Can you book Princess through a US TA?

" Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer.

No, you are correct: US bookings, not for U.K. reservations.

Thanks for the explanation, Cherylandtk. We've already booked but I wanted to see if it's worth changing the promotion on one of our cabins (an inside) that didn't qualify for the S&S. We'll see what our TA states on 5th ;).

I don't know if it has already been posted here, but Princess has a 3 for Free countdown link at

https://www.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/3-for-free-sale/

Thanks although the links to the available cruises in the promotion show show the $650/pp. fare increase made to my cruise on Friday. The fare chart (USD & CAD) only shows a $75/pp. increase which is outset by the nearly $300/pp. of OBC & tips.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=410399&d=1504120396

Edited by Astro Flyer