3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

Yes if the prices for the fare are truly the prices once sale goes live you guys would be better with new sale so I would wait til 9/5. That fare sheet did say fares could change...rarely has but wanted to make sure that disclaimer was mentioned...but would wait til the sale begins. Please post back to let ys know if it did work out for you...hope it does

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

It did work! Overall fare total for the three of us went down almost $400, we kept our same cabin, and got the prepaid gratuities too. When she put it in the computer, the prepaid gratuities went through for all 3 passengers, not just 1 and 2 like it said in the fine print. (The Princess person putting it in the computer was surprised as well.) Hoping that little glitch stays but we come out better even if it doesn't.

By swapping out the S + S we did lose $75 in total onboard credit and the free soda package for the child that doesn't drink soda. :) Even so, this was the better deal for us.

I had been worried about making payment in full because some of the fine print implied that your EZAir fare could change up until the time you had made full payment and that was stressing me out. We got a better deal through EZAir than either direct through airlines or through any of the aggregators, and fares have just been continuing to go up. After people in this thread were encouraging me to wait on final payment I did some more looking and found threads here saying that as long as I didn't rebook the air, it should stay at the same fare. Thanks for all the collective wisdom!!

A big benefit of this sale is on premium balconies, just as it was last year.

Over the weekend I put holds on aft premium balconies on a 10 day Mexico Cruise followed by a 7 day Coastal cruise. The Mexico Cruise was $1694 P/P Premium, $1449 Regular and the Coastal Cruise was $1194 Premium P/P, $999 Regular. This morning, Premium is $1484 for Mexico and $1024 Coastal. Pre Sale the is a pretty big gap between Premium and Regular balconies, not so much during the 3 for Free Sale.

Man I love Princess! So our June 2018 Alaska cruise fare went down $240 pp this morning, plus my $50 pp Captain's Circle Launch Savings (for booking early), which for 4 of the 5 of us made our total cruise fare go down by over a thousand dollars. Plus when the fare decreases so does the insurance price, so that brought our total fare down by $1,252. Amazing!

That with the $75 pp OBC (for all 5 of us, despite what the Princess system is showing for the reps...in the 3 for Free T&C's (promo conditions) it says for up to 4 per stateroom), and now free gratuities for all 5 of us (again, on my new booking confirmations it still shows that free gratuities are "paid on behalf of guests 1 & 2" only, but it is for up to 4 per stateroom in the T & C's)...

So, for those of you like me who lucked out big time on this new 3 for Free promo (yay!), when you call in, the rep will most likely also tell you that the OBC and/or free gratuities are for guests 1 & 2 only, but they don't have the correct info and the system will do it for all of your passengers.

I'm having trouble finding this sale. I only see the 30% off sale not the 3 for free. When I go to the link someone posted with the countdown it says the sale has ended. Did I miss something?

Pam:

Only select cruises are on sale. I went to the Princess website, and at the top of the page put in the date that I wanted and where I wanted to cruise. Some of the cruises did not have the 3 for Free sale and some of them did. Hopefully the cruise you want will be on sale. Good luck.:)

Your cruise is a not a 3 for Free, it is a Sun drenched sale 30% one.

Edited by Sea and Me
Different sale

Yahoo Princess!! I just moved over from the S & S to this promotion, saved over Canadian $1,300 on our 2 week Med cruise, plus got the OBC and tips. Given the long port days it was worth giving up the S & S - I prefer to pay less up front and we don't drink a lot either. Also to my extreme surprise I was able to keep the $1 deposit promotion from earlier this year so I didn't even need to put down any more deposits!!! It's a good day.

I'm having trouble finding this sale. I only see the 30% off sale not the 3 for free. When I go to the link someone posted with the countdown it says the sale has ended. Did I miss something?
Don't know why it says sale has ended, but if you click on the links it will show bookings under the 3 for Free Sale.

No, you will book at today's price and benefits, even if you don't pay the deposit until tomorrow.

However, you can call tomorrow and rebook at tomorrow's price and benefits before you pay the deposit.

Thanks - that's what I did booked yesterday, didn't pay the deposit. Called Princess today and got re-fared 3-for-free.

Only thing disappointing is that the "Tour" days on a Cruise-tour do not count in determining the free OBC. But that's life.

This sale did us "good," this time! If I had booked yesterday, the cruise I've wanted to go on but was hesitant to book yet would have cost me $2334 more! And on top of this savings, I also got free gratuities amounting to $406 and free OBC of $300. The best part is the $100pp deposit only and IT IS REFUNDABLE! So booked now for October 2018.

So check out your dream cruise for Summer-Fall 2018!

Pooh

Got the 3 for free on our TA in April of 18, same cabin and it went down in price, the gratuities, and on board credit. We had the S&S credit for this cruise, so lost a little on board credit. We are happy with not having to pay for gratuities.:D

I just got off phone and changed over to the 3 for free. Cabin price dropped $1100 + Free Gratuities + $1000 OBC ($500 from TA, $500 from FCD, Referral, Promo). :cool:

Btw, there is a "Great Escapes Sale" starting Sept 12 for Fall 2017 - Spring 2018

3 for free worked for me!

We already had an IB cabin booked on a 2019 Royal sailing, our TA re-fared us to an IF, but we get to keep the IB cabin and get free grats and OBC.

Between the new price, grats and OBC, we've saved over $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off phone and changed over to the 3 for free. Cabin price dropped $1100 + Free Gratuities + $1000 OBC ($500 from TA, $500 from FCD, Referral, Promo). :cool:

Btw, there is a "Great Escapes Sale" starting Sept 12 for Fall 2017 - Spring 2018

Hi A7.....will email me with your TA? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your TA should be able to cancel your current cruise and move everything over to your new cruise if the cruise is refundable.

No need to cancel....they just added the promo and kept the same reservation number....surprisingly got a lower price, more onboard credit and the free gratuities! I'm a happy camper!

scored us a deal as well. TA was lower on the fare than what princess showed on the site plus got to keep some goodies he gave us with last promo, but that may have been cause it was gifts from him, plus our obc and free tips! LOVE IT!

Thanks to the OP for posting this sale...I was able to hop on checking that it opened and shoot off my email that yup we wanted to do it right away this am to our TA.

This works for us too, cruise went down $1282 plus $470 (OBC + Gratuities). Gave up Sip & Sail but buying AIBP and still saving $555.

Plus we have the option of just adding AIBP for me - DW just has a G&T before dinner and glass of wine at dinner.

Note. Adding AIBP on board to pay for it with OBC.

Edited by Tedferg