3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

On one cruise in an oceanview cabin without any Princess benefits, we're saving a total of $1,128 due to a fare reduction & credits with 3 for Free.

On two other cruises, we're saving $89 per cruise but in a much better cabin location.

So we're happy that this time a Princess promotion was beneficial to us! :D

I just rebooked 2 cruises where I took the OBC instead of the AIBP and changed to the 3 for free. One cruise is 17 days and the other 20 days. I saved $872 total and on the 20 day, was able to upgrade to a premium balcony, midship, Caribe deck (Crown).

Very happy!

That's great about your upgrade to premium balcony but I thought they were not part of the 3 for Free upgrade. I'm already booked in a premium balcony; does this mean I can re-fare to the lowest, regular balcony cabin and stay in my Caribe deck balcony cabin? That'd be awesome! :D

I was already booked in a Caribe cabin for our 28 day Hawaiian cruise. I was able to switch from S & S to 3 for free. They had lowered the price of the premium balcony to just $140 more pp for the cruise. I kept our original cabin for a lot less plus received free gratuities and OBC.

We were already booked on a Calif Coastal for 2019 in a premium balcony mid-ship on Caribe. I moved the cruise to 3 for Free and our cabin was reduced $175 pp. Total savings with the free grattuties and OBC is $689. We are very happy Cruisers.

We were previously booked in a premium balcony for a March 2019 cruise under the AIBP which we took as the shipboard credit instead as we are not big drinkers. I was able to switch to the sip and sail, keep our same balcony and save $150.00 each on the cabin price. We ended up about even on the shipboard credit considering the tips are paid. Customer service agent was very nice and refared us down with no problem. I will turn it over to my TA which should reduce the fare even further and she usually gives us some OBC.

I also did well with the 3 for free. Since we were booked in an oceanview we were not able to do the S&S. This promotion lowered the price by $90, added free gratuities and the OBC. So glad CC keeps me informed of upcoming promotions. Thank you.

I always like to book the BA cabins (Balcony –midship) and my aunt likes to book the IA cabins (Interior – midship). During last year’s 3-for-free promotion, we rebooked our 2 cruises and the prices of my BA cabins were the same price as the BF cabins (lowest category of the balcony cabins); as for my aunt, her IA cabins were the same price as the IF cabins.

We currently have 3 cruises booked. Yesterday I login to the Princess site, and I noticed for our booked cruises, the balcony categories BB-BF are the same price, but the midship, BA, is of higher price. Same thing for my aunt, the IB-IF cabins have the same price, but the midship, IA, has higher price. I called Princess to change our bookings to take advantage of the 3-for-three promotion (all 3 of our cruises are included in this promotion). Although we were given the free gratuity and OBC, our cabins were not re-priced to the price of the lowest category, BF and IF. I told the agent the promotion says, “Free stateroom location upgrades applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only….”. So, why am I not getting the price of the lowest category? The agent said “the lowest price upgrades does not apply to midship cabins”. So, we ended up paying about $100+/person higher than the BB-BF and IB-IF cabins. Obviously, this year’s 3-for-free promotion is not the same as last year (in which midship cabins are the same price as the other cabins).

The cabin we had booked was a premium balcony and when I called yesterday the fare had gone down so I am guessing we ended up paying for the fare for a lower priced balcony plus getting the 3 for free promotion. I was surprised. It may be that the fare for our cruise had gone down anyway.

That's great about your upgrade to premium balcony but I thought they were not part of the 3 for Free upgrade. I'm already booked in a premium balcony; does this mean I can re-fare to the lowest, regular balcony cabin and stay in my Caribe deck balcony cabin? That'd be awesome! :D

When I say we upgraded to a premium balcony, I mean it only cost me $69 per person more for 20 days in the Caribbean to go from an aft balcony to a midship (B1) premium balcony on Caribe Deck.

My sailing (2017 British isles) has BA cabins the same price as BF. They are all showing same price regardless of location on the deck. Perhaps call back again?

That is part of the sale...book higher category at lowest price. Read through the 3 for free information on the Princess website.

With a year and a half to go until our 1/26/19 Royal Princess cruise , we have already booked/rebooked it 3 times .

1st on the 1 day $1 Deposit Sale

2nd the Sip/Sale to gain more OBC

3rd replaced the Sip/Sale with 3 for Free for the Grat's/OBC and upgraded from Balcony to Mini for just a few $$ more .

And still retained the original 1 Deposit requirement.

Can't wait for all the Sales yet to come before Final .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My sailing (2017 British isles) has BA cabins the same price as BF. They are all showing same price regardless of location on the deck. Perhaps call back again?

I just checked the Princess site again. I will just list two of the cruises that I booked in which the midship cabins' price is higher than the other cabins.

15-day Hawaii, 3/24/19, Ruby Princess.

BA $2,764; BB-BF $2,699.

22-days, British Isles, 8/31/18, Regal Princess.

IA $3,499; IB-IF $3,449.

I just checked the Princess site again. I will just list two of the cruises that I booked in which the midship cabins' price is higher than the other cabins.

BA $2,764; BB-BF $2,699.

IA $3,499; IB-IF $3,449.

I have seen that happen before. I guess the BA cabins are selling so they are not included in cabin upgrades.

Do you need a TA to book 3 for Free promotion?

You can book directly with Princess, go to a travel agent or use an online travel agent. They will all be able to offer you the deal. We rarely (hardly ever) book directly with the cruise line as we always get a better price with a travel agent. :D

BA $2,764; BB-BF $2,699.

IA $3,499; IB-IF $3,449.

Aren’t the midship balconies premium?

Obviously, this year’s 3-for-free promotion is not the same as last year (in which midship cabins are the same price as the other cabins). [/font]

I booked an aft facing balcony cabin under last years 3-for-free promotion. As I recall it was a bit higher than the other balconies, because it was premium. The difference was much less than before or after the sale same as this year.

That is not the case for me. Please see my 2 posts.

Yes, I understand, BUT just as another poster said, premium isn't included in the sale. The BA cabin I booked was more, but so much less than it normally is. So even though there is a price difference, your upgrade and mine is a "deal" as well.