Getting low on Eggs and Meat- wish I could cancel

ScottChez

I was wondering why they would go to NOLA to stock up when it looks like NOLA is going to be "iffy" too. But then realized that the bigger ships cant get into Mobile or Tampa. I would just park the ships in Cozumel and party for a couple of days:)

I got one planned in a few weeks , too late to buy insurance.

Then I got a text form some one at sea now, said they ran out of Eggs for Breakfast and no longer have some meats on the buffet as they are running out of fresh foods.

Then I read this that said they are going to an other port for more supplies.

Yep, next time I will get insurance.

http://abc13.com/travel/20000-cruise-ship-passengers-stranded-in-gulf/2341493/

You are joking....right?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was surprised the ships had to head to NO to reprovision. I took the Behind the Fun tour on the Conquest, and they said they sail prepared for an extended time at sea in these types of emergencies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was surprised the ships had to head to NO to reprovision. I took the Behind the Fun tour on the Conquest, and they said they sail prepared for an extended time at sea in these types of emergencies.

I would assume getting "off schedule" provisions in NOLA would be easier than in many smaller cities with cruise ports.

It takes, so I've heard on here, around 8 hours one way to go from the Gulf to NOLA - 16 hours + reprovisional time ... a good time killer.

DH and I would personally enjoy the ride/views to and from the Gulf and NOLA if we were aboard on of the redirected ships.

i was on the final cruise of the carnival holiday and we ran out of plenty of things. fried chicken, french fries, some of the breakfast juices. in the wee hours of the final night the crew was already packing things up. i saw the bartenders putting all open bottles of booze in boxes and sealing them. yeah i'm a lush who thought maybe the bartenders would give free drinks for us or the crew but nope. darn the cruise line must be cheap and or stupid to waste time saving all open bottles of booze.

I was wondering why they would go to NOLA to stock up when it looks like NOLA is going to be "iffy" too. But then realized that the bigger ships cant get into Mobile or Tampa. I would just park the ships in Cozumel and party for a couple of days:)

Do you have any idea what the docking and port fees would be even if there was any open docks for those days?

So do you think they will get eggs for 3 weeks? Never travel hurricane season without insurance

Don't agree!

I fly Southwest.. easy peasy to change flights without penalty.

If Carnival cancels I'll take the credit and go at a later date.. and vacation elsewhere.

The money I save by booking during hurricane season and self insuring gives me better rates, more spending money and less crowded shops!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got one planned in a few weeks , too late to buy insurance.

Then I got a text form some one at sea now, said they ran out of Eggs for Breakfast and no longer have some meats on the buffet as they are running out of fresh foods.

Then I read this that said they are going to an other port for more supplies.

Ummmm, captain can you pull over a sec so I can get off. Have to have my eggs.

Not entirely true. They ran out of Hollandaise sauce so Eggs Benedict is a problem. All other egg dishes they are fine.

The only meat missing from the buffet is the veal brains and head cheese. All other meats are in plentiful supply.

Good luck.

Don't agree!

I fly Southwest.. easy peasy to change flights without penalty.

If Carnival cancels I'll take the credit and go at a later date.. and vacation elsewhere.

The money I save by booking during hurricane season and self insuring gives me better rates, more spending money and less crowded shops!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Accidents happen and if , god forbid, you had to medivac you would be in big poop. Better hope you have high limit credit card. You probably disagree with this too. Never leave U.S. soil without a passport, see medivac from a foreign port.

anyone who has done the "Behind the Scenes" knows how much food is on the ship. The freezers and walk ins were like warehouses and packed

One BtF tour we did was on day 7 of an 8 day cruise and the cold storage lockers were (I'm guessing) about 35-40% full. Except the beer locker - it was only about 15-20% full - imagine that. ;)

This is hilarious. We will just affectionately call the OP "Spoon" for trying to stir the pot. Gotta give OP credit for effort though. As long as they don't run out of rum, all is good. I doubt running out of anything is likely before the original planned cruise days are over.