Trying to upgrade our room.

kvosu1

I am trying to upgrade from a balcony to aqua class. I booked thru a travel agency & got the upgrade to BEST. I got the premium drink , pre paid grats, unlimited internet & ship board credit. They are telling me I have to rebook to upgrade to Aqua. They are running basically the same sale now. Any other cruise I was on I just paid the difference to upgrade & kept anything else the same. Has anybody else had an experience with this & how did it turn out?

I upgraded from concierge​ to aqua class. The sale was same price, but my ta didn't get back to me. It then bumped up to $50 difference. I ended up having to pay $130 per person to upgrade. Not worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It looks like your initial booking was with the BBB pricing and you booked a Balcony with the Best pricing/perk package.

Assuming that Celebrity is offering the same BBB pricing and you are willing to pay the current Aqua Class price with the Best pricing, you should be able to keep the same booking number.

Perhaps something unique related to your particular TA?

I have many times been able to pay the difference and keep the same booking number when I upgraded to a higher category. I do not recall ever changing my booking number.

Perhaps there is some other benefit that comes with your current booking that will not transfer?

If you have to cancel and then rebook you might consider cancelling with this TA and booking with a different one?

Hopefully the TA is offering you additional Refundable OBC.

Good luck

My only question is, currently, are you part of a TA's group with special pricing? If so, that might be the overriding factor as the TA has no AQ cabins left or available to them at the new pricing?

Hope you get it worked out, if not after final payment, cancel and rebook, that is easy enough to do if the pricing is where you want it...

bon voyage

My only question is, currently, are you part of a TA's group with special pricing? If so, that might be the overriding factor as the TA has no AQ cabins left or available to them at the new pricing?

Hope you get it worked out, if not after final payment, cancel and rebook, that is easy enough to do if the pricing is where you want it...

bon voyage

Even if the group does not have any AQ cabins the booking can be modified to an AQ at prevailing rates for the GoBest package. There should be ZERO reason that the OP would be required to cancel/rebook - their TA should merely need to quote them the appropriate AQ category at current price for GoBest and if the differential is acceptable then modify the booking either in the travel agent portal from Celebrity or by calling them - very easy, I do it for clients all the time :)

Recently we upgraded our Concierge Class stateroom to Aqua after we noticed that the upgrade would cost less than $30 per person. We booked with a TA and just paid the difference. It did not have any effect on our perks nor did it require that we cancel and rebook. Our TA is on of the large online TAs.

I recently changed my cabin from one category to another and kept the same booking number and perks. This was done by my TA. In my case it was a downgrade, but from Concierge to Family Veranda (much bigger cabin and huge balcony!) This was after final payment and I did not pay more for the Family Veranda. It was an even $$ trade.

Carolyn

If your travel agent won't do it, you need a new TA! Some years ago, we were booked in a balcony cabin but suddenly Concierge cabins were available for a lower price than our balcony. He was more excited than I was! Of course, after that we moved to AQ and haven't looked back. Maybe he saw what was coming . . .

A couple of years later, we were booked in AQ but there was a price drop for senior citizens. Our TA happily made the price adjustment. Next year, I have four AQ cabins booked for a family cruise to Bermuda. There was a sale offering a $300 savings per cabin. Again, our TA made the change. We've worked with him for years and he's always been responsive. This is why I will stick with him and not change to an online TA or booking directly with Celebrity.

Edited by 2theship

I upgraded from concierge​ to aqua class. The sale was same price, but my ta didn't get back to me. It then bumped up to $50 difference. I ended up having to pay $130 per person to upgrade. Not worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

In the future, I would suggest that when you see a good deal, but do not have immediate access to your TA, put a 24 hour hold on a new cabin and then make sure you get to the TA before the hold expires.

If this is a large online TA that runs specials with reduced upgrade fees to the GO BEST, it might be wise to have your SO book the Agua and you cancel the current booking. I did that last year when the had the special promo for the GO BEST on the Equinox. It was easier to pay the 50 cancellation fee.

I am trying to upgrade from a balcony to aqua class. I booked thru a travel agency & got the upgrade to BEST. I got the premium drink , pre paid grats, unlimited internet & ship board credit. They are telling me I have to rebook to upgrade to Aqua. They are running basically the same sale now. Any other cruise I was on I just paid the difference to upgrade & kept anything else the same. Has anybody else had an experience with this & how did it turn out?

Sounds like you need a new travel agent. Have upgraded on three cruises after final payment and upgraded two for next year. They have never said no, just paid the difference. I would ask the travel agent for extra OBC because of the hassle.