Package or DIY

vwgolf

I'm looking at an NCL cruise and stay from Boston to Bermuda next year and am torn between booking a package via a travel agent or booking all of the components myself. Just wondered what people's views on the latter are? We've always booked a package in the past but it looks to me like there are significant savings by booking flights, cruise and hotels separately.

If there are significant savings....DIY. Particularly if you can book flights and the same hotel as the package for less, I'd DIY. Perhaps because you're coming from the UK to the US it's different, but we've always gotten much, much better airfare booking through the line rather than on our own when doing European or TA sailings.

Pre/post hotel stays always seem to have a high price, and that's if you look at the per-person price of the package. Double that price for two people and now you're really talking.

But my understanding mid that airfare is much cheaper (and the arrangements more flexible) if booking as a package with the cruise.

You often can get hotels at a lower cost then going through the cruise line and have a lot more options. Even though the cruise line offers transfers in most places we have found we save a lot of money booking it on our own.

As to flights we also prefer to book them on our own where we can select the precise flight we want and do our seat assignments at the time we make the reservations.

Keith

I'm looking at an NCL cruise and stay from Boston to Bermuda next year and am torn between booking a package via a travel agent or booking all of the components myself. Just wondered what people's views on the latter are? We've always booked a package in the past but it looks to me like there are significant savings by booking flights, cruise and hotels separately.

Foraslmodtasll our cruises in recent years, we booked our own pre and post cruise hotel and air flights.