transfer from CONSTELLATION at port of CITTAVECCHIO to the airport in Rome

loerie

Does any one know if Celebrity offer transport from CITTAVECCHIO to the airport in ROME? I know about the train and am not prepared to pay for private transfers but hopefully Celebrity offers something a bit reasonable - otherwise its back to the train.Thank you.

The Rome airport isn't in Rome, per se. Leonardo da Vinci International Airport, officially Fiumicino (hence FCO for the airport code) is at some distance from Rome as well as from the seaport Cittavecchia. If you need to go directly from the seaport to the airport you could get a Celebrity transfer or arrange for a driver. No need to go to Rome if you're simply connecting to your flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, Celebrity offers transfers from the port to FCO. Saw a thread recently where the price was quoted by 1 person as $75pp and another thought it was $95pp. If I were you I would call and ask.

You could check the Roll Call for your cruise as you may find another couple to join you in a private transfer which run in the 110€ - 130€ range. Less expensive than X and you don't have to wait for a bus to fill. Your car will be there at the time you specify and take you to the airport.

Thank you all but think we will just do the train again as it is the cheapest and we have done it before.- a pain with luggage but not the end of the world.:)

Since you've done this before, you know the train station in Trastevere where you have to change trains. Beware for pickpockets in and around the whole station. Last time we were there, we used the small elevators to go from one platform to the other. Three young Roma girls - one of them wore a fake pregnancy belly - joined us in the elevator and tried to pickpocket us. I was just in time to grab one of the girl's wrist and pulled away the sweater she was holding to cover her action. She was already with her hand in our bag, which was on top of a suitcase. It only took a few seconds for her to open two clasps and a zipper. A local who was also on the same platform told me that a large group of them live around the station area. So, beware! ;)

Having done both I would never consider the train again given how easy/cheap the various Limo Transfer companies are. Go to your roll call and see if others have already arranged it. You may pay a little more (still very reasonable if you share with 1-2 other couples) but much safer/quicker/less stressful than the train.

The Celebrity transfer is ridiculously overpriced. We did the Civitivecchia Shuttle Express shared shuttle service; it was professional, affordable, and efficient. We paid around $70, so a good mid-range option between the cheap but long train and a private transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Due to flight times and distance/traffic to the airport, we used a limo svc to the Marriot in Fuminico, and took a flight the next day. It was an interesting, authentic town, a few good local restaurnts. We enjoyed our short stay there..

• 2 weeks later...