Vancover Hotels for a Pre Cruise stay

hondo1717

Hello,

Does anyone have some information on the best hotel to stay in for a pre cruise couple of nights in Vancouver Canada? Princess offers, Fairmont Waterfront, Westin Bay Shore, Four Seasons and the Sheraton Wall. We would like to stay a couple of nights before the cruise. Also, looking for suggestions on things to do in Vancouver.

Thank You very much clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Hello There:

We live just outside Vancouver and my choice of hotels (in order of preference) would be: Pan Pacific; Fairmont Waterfront; Four Seasons; Sheraton Wall; Bayshore. They are all fairly pricey though - if you're looking for something a little more economical I'd suggest using a travel search engine for the downtown Vancouver/Coal Harbour Area. Depending on when you're in town you may be able to get a half decent price. The nice thing about the Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront is that they there are right at the Cruiseship Pier. No hassle with taxi's etc. And, you can easily reach them if flying into the Vancouver Airport by taking the Skytrain from the airport to the waterfront station (end of the line). Easy, peasy and very economical (and safe). Lots of room for suitcases on the train. Lots of nice restaurants in the downtown area.

You will want to take do the Hop On / Off bus for a tour of downtown and surrounding area; there is a free shuttle to the Capilano Suspension Bridge; Stanley Park is a nice walk or short public bus ride from the area and if you have time look into a day trip to Whistler.

If you have several days you may want to consider taking the ferry to Victoria and spending the day walking in the harbour area. You can grab the SkyTrain / Bus and walk onto the ferry and take a bus from the terminal into Victoria. Much more economical. If however you would like to do Butchart Gardens, over on the Island, than you're probably better off booking a bus tour.

Hope this helps with your searching and decision making.

The last time we were in Vancouver we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and it was quite nice. It is an easy walk to the ship and there are lots of restaurants nearby. We do love the Pan Pacific but it is pricey and they don't seem to offer many "deals" any more. You used to be able to get a reasonable room there using Priceline but I think those days are gone. Another fun place to visit is Granville Island which is a stop on the HOHO bus.

Check to see how many ships will be in port on your sail date. Here's a link to the port of Vancouver schedule - just click on the PDF file for details: https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/

If there are 2 or more ships in port, it can get very congested around the pier, making it a nightmare to get there by cab. Staying at the Pan Pacific eliminates most of that hassle, as you just go down an elevator to check in. If you use their cruise package, you also get breakfast, late checkout, and they'll pick up your bags in your room and get them on the ship. Pricey, but it's a great way to start your cruise if you can manage it.

Besides the Pan Pacific, we're partial to the Westin Bayshore - it's about a $10 cab fare to the pier, and if you can get a harbor view room, it's an incredible view of all the ships coming & going. It's a little out of all the downtown noise & congestion, is on the Hop/On-Hop/Off bus route, has a nice restaurant/bar of its own plus a couple of other very nice ones very nearby.

And the Westin is also a very short walk to Stanley Park and some good places to eat outside the areas most people will be in. You can also walk to the Gastown area past the pier area for the ships. That is if you have no problems that prevent walking.

We stayed at the Times Square Suites and loved it.

It was more of a condo with separate bedroom, full kitchen and washer/dryer in each unit. There was also a wonderful rooftop BBQ area with great views. We were within walking distance to Stanley Park, numerous restaurants, shopping, etc. There was even a Starbucks next door and grocery store across the street. The prices were very reasonable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hi,

I have stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel twice in conjunction with Princess cruises (pre-cruise in September 2015 and post-cruise in May 2016). This is a very nice hotel that is located directly across the street from the cruise terminal. I requested harbor view rooms (for a slight extra charge) that featured wonderful views. Also, I visited the nearby Vancouver Lookout in Harbour Centre (within easy walking distance). This provides excellent views of the city and port area. Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Chuck

Our last two visits to Vancouver we have stayed at the Blue Horizon on Robson Street. It's right in the middle of everything - lots of shopping and restaurants nearby and Canada Place and the waterfront are an easy walk. We have also stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre but it was a bit more of a hike down to the waterfront.

Hello,

Does anyone have some information on the best hotel to stay in for a pre cruise couple of nights in Vancouver Canada? Princess offers, Fairmont Waterfront, Westin Bay Shore, Four Seasons and the Sheraton Wall. We would like to stay a couple of nights before the cruise. Also, looking for suggestions on things to do in Vancouver.

We stayed at the Fairmont waterfront after our Alaska cruise, the cruise terminal is across the street (in Canada Place) I thought it was very well located (we are walkers) and the staff was great. My sister left the charger for her I-pad and they found it and mailed it to her without charge. Only negative is we waited until 4pm (after getting off the ship at 10) for our room

We stayed at the Fairmont waterfront after our Alaska cruise, the cruise terminal is across the street (in Canada Place) I thought it was very well located (we are walkers) and the staff was great. My sister left the charger for her I-pad and they found it and mailed it to her without charge. Only negative is we waited until 4pm (after getting off the ship at 10) for our room

Must not have been Princess.

I usually stay at the Sheraton Wall. A few extra blocks away from the waterfront (too far to walk) but a nice property.

I would like to add Tour Guys to your list of things to do. Google them...they have free walking tours of Vancouver. One or more should meet your fancy.

I even did a morning tour with GrayLine that picked me up at the Hotel and dropped me off at the Pier. Fixed my problem of what to do with the luggage and transportation.

You will need more than a couple of days to enjoy this wonderful walking friendly city.

Hello,

All of them are great hotels....

• Fairmont Waterfront has you staying across the street from the cruise terminal. Ask for the Mr. Grey package for the ultimate service. http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/press-room/champagne-and-chantilly-lace/
  • Bayshore is a popular with joggers and walkers who want to be close to Stanley Park. The harbor dinner cruises depart nearby
  • Four Seasons is more central downtown with convenient access to subways and Robson street
  • Sheraton Wall Center is between Robson and Davie street restaurants.

Two nights in Vancouver?

• Day 1: Arrive and adjust to the time zone... a walk over to day the Fly Over Canada attraction downtown?
  • Day 2: you only full day would have me going to Grouse on the free shuttle in the morning. On the return shuttle shuttles after 5pm.... I would request to be dropped off at the Capilano Suspension Bridge for their 30% discount. Return in the evening for a late dinner.
  • Day 3: head to the cruise terminal with dreams on returning to Vancouver as you didn't budget enough time at your great bonus port.

I'm definitely partial to the Pan Pacific if I can find it for a reasonable price before a cruise. That said, we stayed at the Residence Inn when in town this summer for a wedding, and I was pretty impressed. We were on a higher floor room which might not have been a base room for them (it was the lowest category left when we booked), but price wasn't too bad compared to other hotels at the time. Not necessarily quite as convenient for getting to the port, but if you happen to have a car the parking fees were better than a lot of other hotels too.