St John's on your own cancelled!

kvosu1

I received an email from Celebrity today saying our St John's on your own tour is being cancelled due to minimum participation being met. We don't cruise until April 8th!!!!! Wow I guess they know 7 months out that they won't meet participation. Has this happened to anybody else???

Celebrity is now using Crown Bay rather than Havensite in St. Thomas. Crown Bay is across the bay from Havensite.. It is much easier to take the ferry provided by the ship's excursion rather than taking a cab to Red Hook then take the ferry to St. John. No worries about getting back to the ship on time. Once you get to St. John, you will be on your own. I took the excursion that included the National Park. I was disappointed in the tour. Saw nothing other than the park. I would have liked to see more of the island. It will leave you at Trunk Bay but you have to pay for a cab (extra $8)back to the ferry area. Just take a cab to Trunk Bay and enjoy the beach.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Might be that wacky website of theirs. Maybe phone them and ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought about that myself, they did credit my OBC. I think I'll wait a week or two & let them worry about hurricane Irma 1st.

Celebrity is now using Crown Bay rather than Havensite in St. Thomas. Crown Bay is across the bay from Havensite.. It is much easier to take the ferry provided by the ship's excursion rather than taking a cab to Red Hook then take the ferry to St. John. No worries about getting back to the ship on time. Once you get to St. John, you will be on your own. I took the excursion that included the National Park. I was disappointed in the tour. Saw nothing other than the park. I would have liked to see more of the island. It will leave you at Trunk Bay but you have to pay for a cab (extra $8)back to the ferry area. Just take a cab to Trunk Bay and enjoy the beach.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

This is exactly why I booked it. I booked the "on your own". I wasn't going on the parks tour. I just wanted to get there & back the easiest way!

There are sometimes two or three different tours to St John.

The National Park tour may still be up and showing, if there are any tours showing just book one.

Once you get to St John you can just get off and do your own thing.

I must admit the X trips to St John are the best simply because they go right from the ship and no need to get to Red Hook.

I received an email from Celebrity today saying our St John's on your own tour is being cancelled due to minimum participation being met. We don't cruise until April 8th!!!!! Wow I guess they know 7 months out that they won't meet participation. Has this happened to anybody else???

We received the same notification for our cruise in late November. Just rebook which is what I did. Right now it seems to be a clerical error.

When I rebooked it made me verify that we both weighed under 300 pounds. I wonder if this is a new requirement of the tour operator or ferry operator? I would have called Celebrity but not in the midst of a hurricane.

Edited by Jade13

There are sometimes two or three different tours to St John.

The National Park tour may still be up and showing, if there are any tours showing just book one.

Once you get to St John you can just get off and do your own thing.

I must admit the X trips to St John are the best simply because they go right from the ship and no need to get to Red Hook.

They have more than three, including sailing to the island, exclusive beach I think at Caneel Bay, Parks tour, plantation tour, and on your own to name some.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not St. Johns, but about 2 months ago I got an email about a tour in Bonaire being cancelled for December. When I called it turned out that the time I booked was cancelled by the tour operator. We were able to reschedule at a different time. It may be something similar. I seem to remember similar wording in our email. I'd give them a chance to get past Irma and then deal with it after things settle down in FL. I spoke with a concierge today in Miami and she said she expects to be working from home tomorrow. I wish them and their families safety through this awful storm.

I agree, Beth. It looks like you live in Florida.....stay safe.

Thanks! We are as prepared as we can be here on the southwest coast of Florida. Still hoping Irma veers off into the Atlantic and spares the east coast as well. I'm a midwesterner and have found dealing with snowstorms to be alot less stressful.;)