FCC Rebooking

jmdx2

If you have rebooked what was your experience? Did you have to pay additional fees? I keep seeing people say they were trying to charge them $1000 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An FCC is a certain monetary amount. You apply it to the cost of ANY cruise that you book. I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you have rebooked what was your experience? Did you have to pay additional fees? I keep seeing people say they were trying to charge them $1000 more.

If the new booking cost $1000 more, then that's what the cost is. Booking way ahead is usually less. No one is doing that

On social media people are complaining that they were being charged a $1000 difference to rebook

The $1000 is the difference between the cost of what they paid for Cruise X and the new cost of Cruise Y

They get the value of their current cruise back

I fail to see why people on social media aren't understading this

On social media people are complaining that they were being charged a $1000 difference to rebook

People do not understand that an FCC is not: We cancelled your cruise. Here, have a free cruise. You receive a specific monetary amount based on what you paid for the cancelled cruise and what percentage the cruise line is offering.

MONETARY amount. Not "a balcony cabin" booking, for example.

Example: You booked your cruise for two people for $2600. Of that amount, $600 was port fees and taxes. If the cruise line is offering you a "100% future cruise credit", your FCC is for $2000.

You then take that $2000 and book anything you want: an inside, an oceanview, a balcony, a junior suite, a grand suite, an owner's suite, the royal suite, etc., and apply the $2000 to whatever the cost of that stateroom is.

That's it.

I was to be on the August 27th Liberty of the Seas which was cancelled. I was refunded the total amount I paid for the cruise including port fees and taxes.

I re-booked the LOS for October 15th same class cabin but on a different deck. I ended up having to pay an additional $46.00 more which I had no problem with.

The only bad thing was I had to make the full payment for the October cruise then wait a couple of days for the refund for the August cruise to hit my bank account.

Someone on our roll-call booked a different cruise & was only $250 more but it is also a 10 night cruise vs the 7 we were doing.
Yep....

That was me.

We booked the Serenade November 24th - 10 night cruise for $1998 total for a balcony stateroom.

The September 10th - 7 night Allure was $1744 total for the balcony.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Hypothetical question. What if you have FCC for a Star Class cabin but can't book another Star Class Cabin, because they aren't available or due to personal time constraints. An OS or CLS is substantially less. Can you use the remaining FCC on another cruise? I'd hate to think you can only use it for a new booking or only for one cruise.

Any ideas how this might be handled?

Yep....

That was me.

We booked the Serenade November 24th - 10 night cruise for $1998 total for a balcony stateroom.

The September 10th - 7 night Allure was $1744 total for the balcony.

Great deal on a nicer ship.:) Not much of an aft balcony choice on Allure.

Hypothetical question. What if you have FCC for a Star Class cabin but can't book another Star Class Cabin, because they aren't available or due to personal time constraints. An OS or CLS is substantially less. Can you use the remaining FCC on another cruise? I'd hate to think you can only use it for a new booking or only for one cruise.

Any ideas how this might be handled?

I have never heard of being able to use a partial FCC and holding the rest over to another one

I have never heard of being able to use a partial FCC and holding the rest over to another one

That was my thought too. The issue would be if there are only a handful of Star Class suites how could you use all of the FCC, especially if you already had a few Star Class cruises booked? That being said hopefully they would let you use it on a current booking (pre-final payment) if you already had a Star a Class cabin booked.

In reality this is a very limited case as there are few cabins in this possible situation.

That was my thought too. The issue would be if there are only a handful of Star Class suites how could you use all of the FCC, especially if you already had a few Star Class cruises booked? That being said hopefully they would let you use it on a current booking (pre-final payment) if you already had a Star a Class cabin booked.

In reality this is a very limited case as there are few cabins in this possible situation.

The last time we got them my husband's FCC had a different number than mine so I would think that you could use yours for one cruise and then you wife's on a different one

I was to be on the August 27th Liberty of the Seas which was cancelled. I was refunded the total amount I paid for the cruise including port fees and taxes.

I re-booked the LOS for October 15th same class cabin but on a different deck. I ended up having to pay an additional $46.00 more which I had no problem with.

The only bad thing was I had to make the full payment for the October cruise then wait a couple of days for the refund for the August cruise to hit my bank account.

A refund is different from a FCC.

You can absolutely use a FCC to pay off a balance.

You can't spend it on two different cruises, however. Ellen's idea may work for you.

The last time we got them my husband's FCC had a different number than mine so I would think that you could use yours for one cruise and then you wife's on a different one

So the FCC does not have to be put towards the cruise fare of the person whose name it is in? You can use it towards the total combined fare of any additional passengers?

So the FCC does not have to be put towards the cruise fare of the person whose name it is in? You can use it towards the total combined fare of any additional passengers?

It has to be used by the person who's name it is. What I meant was that since both he and his wife both go one assuming they could use his FCC for one cruise and then use his wife's on a different one.

It has to be used by the person who's name it is. What I meant was that since both he and his wife both go one assuming they could use his FCC for one cruise and then use his wife's on a different one.

I understand that but would Royal let you do that? I would think it has to be used for the person whose number is on the FCC, so applied towards that one cruise fare.

We got FCC's for a problem on a cruise and we were able to use them this year, but my one son could not go and as luck would have it, his was the biggest credit because they based it on fare paid and he was the first person listed in the more expensive cabin. I won't make that mistake again.

Edited by marci22

I understand that but would Royal let you do that? I would think it has to be used for the person whose number is on the FCC, so applied towards that one cruise fare.

We got FCC's for a problem on a cruise and we were able to use them this year, but my one son could not go and as luck would have it, his was the biggest credit because they based it on fare paid and he was the first person listed in the more expensive cabin. I won't make that mistake again.

I once had a somewhat similar situation. I called up and they 'moved' the credit to the right person.

Andrew - Yep, I'm in that situation. ;p My TA is trying to work something out. I've booked for 10/29 already (boss doesn't know as he's busy evacuating Florida at the moment). And, I lose my TA's OBC (which is sizeable). There is a difference that they are trying to get applied to one of the bookings I have already or something. Given I'm solo in Star Class, it's kinda spendy. But, I do like it very much.

(And, since I'm wound up over Irma, I'm already ready to pull to the trigger on some for 2019 - just making a few final decisions on specific weeks. Haven't slept in days, might as well research cruises.)

Should be clear that it is what it is. Their ships - their rules. Glad I didn't lose all the money (trying to deal with airlines, etc. now, and that's not going to be fun). And I plan on have a super cruise in October (sounds silly, but a Halloween Cruise has always been something I wanted to do).

Edited by Frick_&_Frack