Neptune Lounge -- open during embarkation?

ArtsyCraftsy

I'm boarding the Amsterdam tomorrow to start my 14-day exploration of Alaska (so excited!!) -- taking the train from Bellingham to Seattle, then taxi over to Pier 91. I've got everything worked out except one *small* detail:

Will the Neptune Lounge be open during embarkation? I'd like to take a look and get familiar with the territory if that's possible.

(I think this has been discussed here before, but I cannot get any results via "Search" -- the keywords "Neptune Lounge" result in no matches, which seems weird but there it is.)

Thanks!

Lana in Bellingham

I'm boarding the Amsterdam tomorrow to start my 14-day exploration of Alaska (so excited!!) -- taking the train from Bellingham to Seattle, then taxi over to Pier 91. I've got everything worked out except one *small* detail:

Will the Neptune Lounge be open during embarkation? I'd like to take a look and get familiar with the territory if that's possible.

(I think this has been discussed here before, but I cannot get any results via "Search" -- the keywords "Neptune Lounge" result in no matches, which seems weird but there it is.)

Thanks!

Lana in Bellingham

Upon embarkation the Neptune Lounge is open to eligible patrons.

Thanks!

Lana in Bellingham

As the Chief said, yes, the NL is open during embarkation. As a matter of fact, the two concierges will be busy before you enter that door, looking at the embarkation pics (the same ones who show up in the gangway computers) to study your appearances and matching those with your names

As the Chief said, yes, the NL is open during embarkation. As a matter of fact, the two concierges will be busy before you enter that door, looking at the embarkation pics (the same ones who show up in the gangway computers) to study your appearances and matching those with your names

Wow! How cool is that? Really making use of technology, then. I'm looking forward to learning more about onboard technology. I spent 32 yrs in high tech, most of it in software development, so this kind of thing fascinates me.

Absolutely, the Neptune Lounge is open every day, in port, out of port, first day, last day, no matter.

It is commonly recommended here, that certain things might require you go pretty immediately upon boarding, to book them in the Neptune Lounge. For example, the Behind the Scenes tour, if your ship offers the tour (the Amsterdam doesn't ).

This was one of the things that truly impressed my husband and I...our first Neptune and both concierges welcomed us by name when we walked through the door of the lounge!

Our cabin steward also greeted us by name...in the hallway as we entered the hallway, well before reaching our stateroom. He had to have known already what we looked like in order to do that.

This was one of the things that truly impressed my husband and I...our first Neptune and both concierges welcomed us by name when we walked through the door of the lounge!

Our cabin steward also greeted us by name...in the hallway as we entered the hallway, well before reaching our stateroom. He had to have known already what we looked like in order to do that.

Neptune Lounge is always open at Em barkaktion and they have lighgt lunch , ( and nibles available). Every cruise, Iego in shortly after boarding to meet the concierge. It is always fun if I happen to enter and see a concierge there with whom we have sailed in the past..

If for some reason your stateroom is not ready when you embark the concierge will take your carry on luggage and store it for you so you are free to explore the ship. If I remember correctly, the Neptune Lounge hours are between 7AM-7PM. The concierges will also take care of any special requests you have instead of dealing with the line at the Front Desk. This includes booking spa and specialty dinning reservations.

Not sure of the Amtrak schedule from Bellingham to Seattle but one of the "perks" of being in a Neptune Suite is if you are at the terminal prior to official embarkation you will have a special area set aside that provides light refreshments and you will be one of the first passengers aboard the ship....usually at 11:30am.

If for some reason your stateroom is not ready when you embark the concierge will take your carry on luggage and store it for you so you are free to explore the ship. If I remember correctly, the Neptune Lounge hours are between 7AM-7PM. The concierges will also take care of any special requests you have instead of dealing with the line at the Front Desk. This includes booking spa and specialty dinning reservations.

Not sure of the Amtrak schedule from Bellingham to Seattle but one of the "perks" of being in a Neptune Suite is if you are at the terminal prior to official embarkation you will have a special area set aside that provides light refreshments and you will be one of the first passengers aboard the ship....usually at 11:30am.

Got that right Navy! ;)

I know, right? That made such a great impression on us, too. I so wish we could do a Neptune every time we cruised :)

Extremely impressed so far! I'm exhausted, so hitting the sack early tonight, ordered room service breakfast + mimosa for tomorrow morning. Did a lot of walking today, and I'm not used to it (and my knee is letting me know it's not happy, either). Made it through muster in one piece, so I can relax until tomorrow. It's a sea day, so I can take it easy.

Thanks, everyone, for your help and understanding through all this. I can get really wound up sometimes, but it always works out in the end. I'm looking forward to the next 13 days!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, that's how they do this!

Do Cabin Stewards, Dining Room Stewards, and Lounge Stewards and Bartenders get access to such photos? Or, any other information about Mariner Society Members/

So, that's how they do this!

Do Cabin Stewards, Dining Room Stewards, and Lounge Stewards and Bartenders get access to such photos? Or, any other information about Mariner Society Members/

Nope; unless their managers and supervisors have a reason to make them aware