Survived Irma

fla gang

Well we survived here in Bradenton. Just north of Sarasota. Haven't been outside to check things out yet. Will wait until daylight. Luckily our development has only underground power lines. We sail on the Harmony on the 23rd. Gonna get my chainsaw out when it get's daylight and see if any of the neighbors need help.

Well we survived here in Bradenton. Just north of Sarasota. Haven't been outside to check things out yet. Will wait until daylight. Luckily our development has only underground power lines. We sail on the Harmony on the 23rd. Gonna get my chainsaw out when it get's daylight and see if any of the neighbors need help.

Good to hear. Are you anywhere near the water? Wondering about the size of the surge?

We are probably 20 miles from the gulf. That storm surge will do a lot of damage.I would choose wind over storm surge any day.

Good to hear you are safe from the surge. Very eerie photos of Tampa Bay drained yesterday.

We are in Orlando, and we lost cable/internet early, power flickered off.

This morning, we went out to see three fence panels down as well as a few tree limbs.

Be safe, everyone.

Sent from Middle Earth.

Also in Orlando at Hyatt Regency. The hotel has power, but I think it may be generators. Debating when to head back to WPB. We have no power at home, so hoping its back on before we go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you are ok. I have a friend in Bradenton and she is fine as well. I live in Palm Coast on the east coast. We are on the Oasis in what turned out to be a 10 day instead of 7 day cruise. Looking forward to getting home to see what damage my house has. But I am thankful to have been on the ship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We are in the Villages near I75 & the turnpike. Had 100+ winds overnight ,slowed to 59 mph gust around 5am and now just back side 35mph constance as storm has gone north. Ready for the Oasis now in 13 days We were blessed as never lost power but Florida has 4.7 million in the dark. Hope all & families are safe. Bob & Nancy

We are in Celebration, just south of Orlando. Eyewall came across us around 130am. never lost power, on Disney Grid, but extensive wind damage in neighborhood. Lots of downed trees, tree limbs and debrides. Major roof damage for us and other homes close by. Need to check our attic for any leaks. Already have been in contact with our homeowners insurance. Big clean up day for us, looks like enough leafs in bottom of our pool to make a tree. Son in Clearwater has no power, unsure of his home damage as he evacuated and is not back yet.

Good to hear you are safe from the surge. Very eerie photos of Tampa Bay drained yesterday.

I've lived in Tampa for almost 20 years, my husband his whole life. We've never seen anything like that. It had a lot of us shaken because of the potential damage when it came back in. Thankfully, Irma decided to change her path and we were spared the worst. I have friends in Naples who weren't so lucky. Hoping everyone came through it safe and sound.

We are in Orlando, and we lost cable/internet early, power flickered off.

This morning, we went out to see three fence panels down as well as a few tree limbs.

Be safe, everyone.

Sent from Middle Earth.

Glad to hear all of you are OK. Thanks for posting.

Just a note. While most people weathered the storm okay, 2/3rds of the households and businesses are still without power. At the height of the storm aftermath, 80% of the households and businesses were out of power.

Here in Orlando, and the surrounding areas, there are many trees and lines down.

link

Just a note. While most people weathered the storm okay, 2/3rds of the households and businesses are still without power. At the height of the storm aftermath, 80% of the households and businesses were out of power.

Here in Orlando, and the surrounding areas, there are many trees and lines down.

link

Same is true here in Tampa. Many folks without power, and some without water, too. But all in all, we are grateful and wish the best to others who were more badly hit.

I live in ft Lauderdale area. Still without power. House is very hot. Half the neighborhood has power so staying with a friend. But 4 cats are home. Checking up on them 3 or 4 times a day. Hope we get power soon. Suppose to go on allure on 24th. Can't leave cats without power in house. Don't want to leave that responsibility to someone. Brother and sister in law are coming down from NC to join us. Not sure what we are going to be able to do. They are predicting we will have power by Sunday. Wish me luck.

I know all of the areas everyone is From here in Florida. I just retired from Publix after 40 years as a truck driver. Everyone on this thread that will be on the Harmony with us should join us. somewhere so we can have an Irma Survival drink and celebrate vacation!

We made the decision Saturday morning not to evacuate our house in Satellite Beach. We were planning to evacuate to a hotel in the Celebration area but decided we were not going to an area any safer, maybe worse. Our house is three blocks from the beach but by Saturday, storm surge projections had been reduced to 3 feet and our house was built to hurricane standards set after Andrew so we decided to take our chances. Most of our neighborhood came to the same decision. This was my first hurricane, while it was scary at times, somehow, I felt pretty secure:rolleyes:

Our area was extremely lucky, very little damage. Our biggest issue was no power since Sunday evening but it came back on at 1030 today:D. While it was inconvenient, it does not compare to what some areas are dealing with. Damage was basically a few trees and stop signs down in our neighborhood but that was it. Even our access ramp down to the beach is intact. Again, we were very lucky.

We were supposed to leave on Empress today but of course, it was cancelled which is a disappointment but in the scheme of things, no big deal. I was happy to hear Empress is being used to help out with the Keys. We are planning to send the money we would have spent on the cruise to the Red Cross to help out.

Sherri:)