Things that aren't right.

GUT2407

Cruise line websites are a mess, totally hopeless, some TA websites are moderately better. The best websites are two particular international TA ones that we utilise to do all comparisons and research before then venturing into the other sites and possibly booking something.

I have a few friends on that cruise and all but one of them are very disappointed. The one that isn't is very happy to stay in Barcelona and have the other two cruises heavily discounted.
Yes we have been offered a decent compensation but we haven't seen the evidence of it yet. We had booked our airfares from Miami to Brisbane only the week before. Grrrr. Cost about $500 to change which RCL are reimbursing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MicCanberra I know you are not allowed to name the "two particular international TA websites" that you use, so is there any way the less experienced among us can find out who these TA's are please?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Forums mobile app

Yes a real quandary, as I cannot mention them by name.

I suppose a quick google search for 'Vacations' and there you GO, alternatively you could look at the Timetables for Cruises. If you manage to find them, note that you realise that taxes and fees get added later and I mainly use them for research and actually to find cruises that may fit in with other travel plans.

People whom are rude to staff on cruise ships or rude people in general. Please and thank you are not to hard to say.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some people have a vocabulary deficiency and do not recognise the words 'Please' and 'Thank you'; others have an Emotional Intelligence deficit - they can pronounce the words but cannot do so with any sincerity.

And there is the rest of us - who smile when we say 'Please' and 'Thank you' and perhaps add 'How are you?' or 'Are you having a good day?' - a 3 seconds exchange that tells the other party that you recognise that (s)he is a human being, carrying out the drudgery so that you can have a really comfortable cruise ...

My experience is that the Cabin Stewards would make better Reception Staff; and many Reception Staff would be better employed as Cabin Stewards.

Some people have a vocabulary deficiency and do not recognise the words 'Please' and 'Thank you'; others have an Emotional Intelligence deficit - they can pronounce the words but cannot do so with any sincerity.

And there is the rest of us - who smile when we say 'Please' and 'Thank you' and perhaps add 'How are you?' or 'Are you having a good day?' - a 3 seconds exchange that tells the other party that you recognise that (s)he is a human being, carrying out the drudgery so that you can have a really comfortable cruise ...

My experience is that the Cabin Stewards would make better Reception Staff; and many Reception Staff would be better employed as Cabin Stewards.

LoL, I like it.

LoL, I like it.

So do I, very much so.:D

Wouldn't that somewhat depend on the air and/or the water temperature ?

'The Two Ronnies' Comedy Show used to do spoof news items as an excuse to trot out some hoary old jokes - usually preceded by Ronnie Barker doing his TV Announcer impersonation to camera with the words 'But, first, here is the news ...' One of many favourites was 'Police have warned the public to be on the lookout for a Flasher. Apparently, because of the low Winter temperatures, the Flasher leaps out and describes himself ...' ;)

'The Two Ronnies' Comedy Show used to do spoof news items as an excuse to trot out some hoary old jokes - usually preceded by Ronnie Barker doing his TV Announcer impersonation to camera with the words 'But, first, here is the news ...' One of many favourites was 'Police have warned the public to be on the lookout for a Flasher. Apparently, because of the low Winter temperatures, the Flasher leaps out and describes himself ...' ;)

A loosely connected 'News Item' - Reginald Thribnall, President of the Nudist Dickensian Society, attended the AGM with Great Expectations. But, when he got there, he found only Bleak House - and all the members laughed at his Little Dorrit ... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember. Very funny guys.

A loosely connected 'News Item' - Reginald Thribnall, President of the Nudist Dickensian Society, attended the AGM with Great Expectations. But, when he got there, he found only Bleak House - and all the members laughed at his Little Dorrit ... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
LOL, I have Ronnie voice in my head when I read this. So that is good night from me and goodnight from him.:D

1. People who have the " but it's MY cruise" mentality. ( I don't care what my kids are doing ...It's my cruise. But I want THESE seats when we come back! So what if I pushed the old lady out of the way I need to get in the elevator! ECT..ect)

2. The fact that the cruise lines are so afraid to "offend" any one that they won't enforce their own rules.( Holding all the seats by the pool with a kids book for 3 hours so your family can sit together, dress codes, little kids in hot tubes, kids running amuck in elevators and hallways , rude/ obnoxious behavior ) I'm not an ogre but I work with kids and I raised my own.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

What about the people who occupy the comfy chairs in the coffee shop just to read for hours on end when they have no intention of buying a coffee. Coffee drinkers then stand up or take their coffee elsewhere. Plenty of other places on board to read your book.!

What about the people who walk around the ship's main thorough fares, three or four people abreast, and at such a slow pace that both directions are blocked.

Ordinarily, I would move to pass through and comment in a jocular fashion, 'It would be nice to have all day to stroll'. But, of course, on a cruise, I DO have all day ...:)

I become more upset at people walking 3 or 4 abreast who make no attempt to reduce their line to 2 when they see (or do they?) another couple walking from the opposite direction. And as for those morons who emerge from a door at right angles to you - and as they do so, they look back over their shoulder to yell (it's rarely quiet) something to the person behind them, so they collide with you because their head is facing in the wrong direction ... And Morons MkII who wander around plugged in to iPods or similar (or texting when ashore), completely oblivious to traffic, pedestrians etc. I think the Almighty must be in these last 2 categories because I've never heard of any of them being run over - but one day ... If I am in the street and I see someone texting and on a collision course with me, I stand stock still and wait ... It's always interesting ...

Cruise lines that don't restock wines etc near the end of a season because they will be repostioning the ship and don't want to pay the shipping costs to keep her properly stocked until after the repositioning.

We're currently on Royal Princess, half way through a 21 night cruise. At the beginning of the cruise we purchased a 12 bottle gold wine package, allowing us to select wines up to $45 per bottle, and if we choose a higher priced wine we only pay the difference over $45. Sounds like a good deal? Read on ...

The MDR wine list contains 96 different wines. As of last night 22 of those wines are unavailable. Three times in the last two nights we have selected a wine in our price range and it hasn't been available. Last night we ended up having to order a wine that was dearer than $45 to get the wine type we wanted with dinner.

Royal starts the repostioning cruise on October 11th. Presumably wine stocks will not be replenished until she arrives in New York.

I expect that as our cruise and the next ones progress we will end up having to pay extra more often because the cheaper wines are out of stock. In other words Princess has sold us a product that is not fully available and that is bordering on fraud in our opinion. :mad::mad:

We are about to go to Guest Services to request a meeting with the food and beverage manager.