Things that aren't right.

GUT2407

Agree with most of the posts. I dislike all the chaos at the elevators, a little common sense and patience could go a long way. Is it really that hard to let people off before you try to get on? 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that pet peeve because it only happened to us on European cruises. When we stood back to let passengers alight from the lift, European passengers took that as an invitation to go around us to try to get in the emptying lift.

Cruise lines that don't restock wines etc near the end of a season because they will be repostioning the ship and don't want to pay the shipping costs to keep her properly stocked until after the repositioning.

We're currently on Royal Princess, half way through a 21 night cruise. At the beginning of the cruise we purchased a 12 bottle gold wine package, allowing us to select wines up to $45 per bottle, and if we choose a higher priced wine we only pay the difference over $45. Sounds like a good deal? Read on ...

The MDR wine list contains 96 different wines. As of last night 22 of those wines are unavailable. Three times in the last two nights we have selected a wine in our price range and it hasn't been available. Last night we ended up having to order a wine that was dearer than $45 to get the wine type we wanted with dinner.

Royal starts the repostioning cruise on October 11th. Presumably wine stocks will not be replenished until she arrives in New York.

I expect that as our cruise and the next ones progress we will end up having to pay extra more often because the cheaper wines are out of stock. In other words Princess has sold us a product that is not fully available and that is bordering on fraud in our opinion. :mad::mad:

We are about to go to Guest Services to request a meeting with the food and beverage manager.

Sounds like a good long chat with wine manager is a really good idea

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that pet peeve because it only happened to us on European cruises. When we stood back to let passengers alight from the lift, European passengers took that as an invitation to go around us to try to get in the emptying lift.
They must have been Italian,thats how they drive also,lol.

I would be having words with the head sommelier ad then maybe the manger in charge of the food and beverages to see if a work around is possible, open up some of the wines for no charge or a refund on the package.

We're expecting a call from one of the F&B people when we get back on the ship this afternoon. Guest services offered us a refund of the unused portion of the package but that would actually leave us worse off. We paid $28 per bottle and get $45 value if we have to buy bottles over $45 - in other words we still save $17 per bottle with the package.

We just want to make it very clear to them that we are annoyed with the fact that the selection of wines is smaller than expected and, in some cases, we have to pay extra to get the wine variety we want to drink. We're not really looking for compensation just formal acknowledgment of the issue.

In other words I'm being a squeaky wheel! ;p

Add in people who blame corporate greed and think they're getting ripped off for every little thing plus people who have no respect for foreign cultures when they are in port. And it's been stayed already but people who are rude to the staff. Lastly, people who are drunk off their ass by noon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Cruise lines that don't restock wines etc near the end of a season because they will be repostioning the ship and don't want to pay the shipping costs to keep her properly stocked until after the repositioning.

We're currently on Royal Princess, half way through a 21 night cruise. At the beginning of the cruise we purchased a 12 bottle gold wine package, allowing us to select wines up to $45 per bottle, and if we choose a higher priced wine we only pay the difference over $45. Sounds like a good deal? Read on ...

The MDR wine list contains 96 different wines. As of last night 22 of those wines are unavailable. Three times in the last two nights we have selected a wine in our price range and it hasn't been available. Last night we ended up having to order a wine that was dearer than $45 to get the wine type we wanted with dinner.

Royal starts the repostioning cruise on October 11th. Presumably wine stocks will not be replenished until she arrives in New York.

I expect that as our cruise and the next ones progress we will end up having to pay extra more often because the cheaper wines are out of stock. In other words Princess has sold us a product that is not fully available and that is bordering on fraud in our opinion. :mad::mad:

We are about to go to Guest Services to request a meeting with the food and beverage manager.

Not good enough, by a long way.

On the last morning of our Voyager of the Seas cruise in April, we were waiting at the lifts after breakfast in the buffet. Of course it was very busy, we waited for a couple of lifts to empty and fill and then just as another arrived, before it could empty a very rude man (with an European accent) pushed in front of my husband and pulled his suitcase over DH's foot and proceeded to force his way into the lift before it had emptied. No apology for injuring my husband's foot and when we told him he was extremely rude in not letting the lift passengers off before pushing in and allowing those who had been waiting before he arrived in first, We were abused and told that there wasn't a line so he could do as he pleased! Fortunately DH's foot wasn't too badly injured as he was wearing shoes, may have been a different matter though if he only had sandals or thongs on.

Leigh

Ordinarily, I would move to pass through and comment in a jocular fashion, 'It would be nice to have all day to stroll'. But, of course, on a cruise, I DO have all day ...:)

I become more upset at people walking 3 or 4 abreast who make no attempt to reduce their line to 2 when they see (or do they?) another couple walking from the opposite direction. And as for those morons who emerge from a door at right angles to you - and as they do so, they look back over their shoulder to yell (it's rarely quiet) something to the person behind them, so they collide with you because their head is facing in the wrong direction ... And Morons MkII who wander around plugged in to iPods or similar (or texting when ashore), completely oblivious to traffic, pedestrians etc. I think the Almighty must be in these last 2 categories because I've never heard of any of them being run over - but one day ... If I am in the street and I see someone texting and on a collision course with me, I stand stock still and wait ... It's always interesting ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're expecting a call from one of the F&B people when we get back on the ship this afternoon. Guest services offered us a refund of the unused portion of the package but that would actually leave us worse off. We paid $28 per bottle and get $45 value if we have to buy bottles over $45 - in other words we still save $17 per bottle with the package.

We just want to make it very clear to them that we are annoyed with the fact that the selection of wines is smaller than expected and, in some cases, we have to pay extra to get the wine variety we want to drink. We're not really looking for compensation just formal acknowledgment of the issue.

In other words I'm being a squeaky wheel! ;p

I think a better compromise would be that the wines they still have that are above the $45 would be sold to you for only half the difference instead,( I.e a $65 bottle for only $10 more instead of $20).

I think a better compromise would be that the wines they still have that are above the $45 would be sold to you for only half the difference instead,( I.e a $65 bottle for only $10 more instead of $20).

We spoke to the F&B manager on charge of wine supplies last night. He acknowledged that there was a major problem. Apparently there was a stuff-up with their warehouse wine supplies. Oops! They are trying to get more wine supplies to the ship at Naples tomorrow.

The F&B manager offered to not charge us the difference if we have to choose a wine over $45. We chose two wines last night, both over $45, and when I last looked this morning they hadn't appeared on our account (when you buy a wine over the limit the full price is charged and then $45 is credited).

We spoke to the F&B manager on charge of wine supplies last night. He acknowledged that there was a major problem. Apparently there was a stuff-up with their warehouse wine supplies. Oops! They are trying to get more wine supplies to the ship at Naples tomorrow.

The F&B manager offered to not charge us the difference if we have to choose a wine over $45. We chose two wines last night, both over $45, and when I last looked this morning they hadn't appeared on our account (when you buy a wine over the limit the full price is charged and then $45 is credited).

Good result. I am glad it is solved and they can restock in Naples.

Good result. I am glad it is solved and they can restock in Naples.

I'm waiting to see what actually happens.:confused:

The really annoying thing is that a number of well-priced European wines are not available however if the wines they resupply the ship with are local I'll be more than happy.:D

Good example of F&B Manager making an excellent decision to keep his clients happy, under the circumstances.

I'm waiting to see what actually happens.:confused:

The really annoying thing is that a number of well-priced European wines are not available however if the wines they resupply the ship with are local I'll be more than happy.:D

As long as there is something you can drink (that you want to drink) within your package.

I struggle to understand why cruise line rules differ from country to country i.e. In uk if there is a price drop before final payment we have to cancel loose deposit and re book ( I think princess allows you to do this but charge £100 )

In the USA you can re book and not loose deposit and get the cheaper price - is there any logic ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I struggle to understand why cruise line rules differ from country to country i.e. In uk if there is a price drop before final payment we have to cancel loose deposit and re book ( I think princess allows you to do this but charge £100 )

In the USA you can re book and not loose deposit and get the cheaper price - is there any logic ☹️

I don't think logic comes into it but profit certainly does.

The space taken up by the Art Auction people isn't right - for displays and especially the closing off of lounges for the auctions.

Totally agree, but it is a money making activity for lines like Princess who are over the top with their Art Auctions. But as we know most attend only for the glass of Korbel $3 a bottle, 'special' :eek:l Princess bubbly.' Yuk. :') Personally I stay clear of them.:evilsmile:

But then again, some pax like to attend them on a sea day, something to do I suppose.

In Australia with Princess if price drop before final payment, they will reduce price - no penalty - no charge , like in USA. Done it several times in my 18 Princess cruises. They don't offer, you have to ask. Thus I monitor my Princess reservations re price fluctuations.

Bit tough they don't do if for the Brits.:evilsmile:.

In Australia with Princess if price drop before final payment, they will reduce price - no penalty - no charge , like in USA. Done it several times in my 18 Princess cruises. They don't offer, you have to ask. Thus I monitor my Princess reservations re price fluctuations.

This morning I noticed that our New Zealand Cruise next January had dropped $200 per person, with no OBC being offered, under the new Sail & Save fare.

For our booking made a couple of weeks ago we will receive $150 each OBC, so under the current offer we would in fact, be better off by $50 each.

I rang Princess and was told they couldn't refare because we used a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD - $100) as our deposit and the rules changed in April 2017. As discussed in other posts on Cruisecritic, the $100 FCD is now treated like a normal cash deposit and if sailing date falls within the specified cancellation period, they are unable to refare without the usual penalties.