Change in Fare - Final payment was made

funfamilytime

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get any sort of price adjustment or onboard credit once your final payment was made if your cruise went down in price.

My cruise went down $200 for the same category cabin I am in now.

Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

All you can do is contact Princess or your TA if you used one. All they can say is no.

My car went on sale after I bought it and they told me to pound sand...........:o

Depends upon what you mean by "final payment was made". If you paid for the entire cruise before the final payment date, then, yes, you can. If you mean that it is now after the final payment date specified by the cruise line, then, the chances are small. They might give you a slight amount of OBC. It pays to ask.

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get any sort of price adjustment or onboard credit once your final payment was made if your cruise went down in price.

Thanks.

Does that $200 less price say "for new bookings?" If it does, I doubt you'll get anything. It's probably unlikely you'll get anything anyway, but it never hurts to ask. :)

Hello,

Thanks.

Sometimes you can use the price drop to push for an upgrade. Do your homework. Be prepared with what you are asking. If it's an upgrade, have a few available cabins listed and perhaps ask to speak to a supervisor. I've had a few successes as well as a few failures. But there is no chance unless you try.

This is the second time (38 Princess cruises) I have been successful for a price drop after final payment. My Nov 5 cruise (2nd half of B2B) showed a significant price drop. I lost the OBC but getting a refund to more than compensate for this loss. The actual cabin I have went down a bit more than they gave me, but I was very happy. I basically paid for a 1 category higher cabin but saved money.

Our upcoming 28 day in October had a pretty good price drop after final payment. I didn't ask for OBC or a price adjustment or anything of that sort. I did ask to have my Baja balcony switched to an available Caribe balcony. Not a problem. I kept my Sip and Sail package and moved to a cabin with a larger balcony. I "may" have been able to get some OBC or something as well but I didn't even ask. I was happy to get the cabin change. Heck, I was happy with the original cabin but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for the move - especially as I wasn't asking for anything else.

The person is asking the question that after they made final payment the fare was lowered for there cruise. I have seen this question before. Responses have been sometimes they were given onboard credit and sometimes nothing. It doesn't hurt to contact princess or a travel agent if you make a reservation through them. All they can say is no.

Tom😎

Each situation is unique.......so call and ask...be prepared to lose any perks you might have. If lots of cabins are available on the sailing they might upgrade you as many have mentioned and be able to keep perks....unfortunately I have never experienced that.

I have been successful about 50% of the time to get a cabin "upgrade" in my attempts, maybe once some OBC.

I have been told by guest relations it all depends on how the cruise was booked and pricing. Also my belief is they will do less for elite clients....just sayin' as I have experienced this, I booked with a GF both of us were solo inside cabins, pricing dropped dramatically....after final payment they upgraded her to a balcony and me to an OV. She had only cruised with princess a few times.

Edited by land lover

Each situation is unique.......so call and ask...be prepared to lose any perks you might have. If lots of cabins are available on the sailing they might upgrade you as many have mentioned and be able to keep perks....unfortunately I have never experienced that.

That's one reason we only asked for the cabin upgrade. No way do I want to lose the AIBP perk on a 28 day cruise. :eek:

Hello! I recently had this same issue. The fare dropped by $100pp after the final payment date and it stated that this new price was for new bookings only. The original customer service rep I spoke told me there was nothing they would do, but I spoke to a manager and they offered to upgrade my cabin for me. Certainly it's worth the 5 minute phone call. :)

Another note is that just before the final payment date, the price dropped by $300 and they adjusted that for me no problem. It is always a good idea to keep checking for lower fares!

Our upcoming 28 day in October had a pretty good price drop after final payment. I didn't ask for OBC or a price adjustment or anything of that sort. I did ask to have my Baja balcony switched to an available Caribe balcony. Not a problem. I kept my Sip and Sail package and moved to a cabin with a larger balcony. I "may" have been able to get some OBC or something as well but I didn't even ask. I was happy to get the cabin change. Heck, I was happy with the original cabin but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for the move - especially as I wasn't asking for anything else.

Caribe balconies are wonderful. I think better than OBC. Unless, it's a significant amount of OBC.